Father Ryan Girls Basketball

fiftyfifty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumor mill has some pretty high profile coaches interested in the Lady Irish girls basketball position. There is also strong rumors that some who have applied have some glowing recommendations from the college level. Perhaps they will move some money from one of the men's positions and get a top notch coach. Or perhaps not. Is equality finally going to be adhered to at Father Ryan, or is catering to the males going to prevail. One of the previous sentences in this post is a joke to all in the know, guess which one. Nearly two thousand people have read this thread, could that mean that many people are highly interested in how this position is filled.

I have heard there are some very interesting candidates - some from out of state, some who have coached in D2 before, some from established programs. When you have had only 2 coaches in the past 38 years it does make it an important and scrutinized hire to say the least. I have also been told that they have hardly even interviewed anyone yet (if they have started at all). Any names, stbulldog ?

I have heard there are some very interesting candidates - some from out of state, some who have coached in D2 before, some from established programs. When you have had only 2 coaches in the past 38 years it does make it an important and scrutinized hire to say the least. Any names, stbulldog ?

Stay tuned. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Stay tuned. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ryan is a good program and one that could be EXTREMELY good. Everything is there to make it go. This poster is not sure how deep it is but it could be if it isn't. They deserve a great coach who is a lot of other things also. Good Luck.

How many seasons did Coach Jackson head up the FR basketball program and what was her record. I understand she has landed on her feet in an adjacent county.

She was head basketball coach for three seasons. She was also assistent volleyball coach for many years as well as coaching the freshman volleyball girls team for many years. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It has been a few weeks with the head girls basketball position open for hire. I wonder what is taking so long? Could it be that the offer is so pitiful that any top notch coach after learning the details and pay have declined the position. An even bet that someone on the existing staff winds up with the job. Why, because its a girls position. They have to fill it, but whats the priority, what is it really worth to the administration at Ryan. The girls are slated to go to a play day in just a few weeks. They need a head coach. Search Committee, what a joke, good smoke screen, please prove me wrong Father Ryan. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It has been a few weeks with the head girls basketball position open for hire. I wonder what is taking so long? Could it be that the offer is so pitiful that any top notch coach after learning the details and pay have declined the position. An even bet that someone on the existing staff winds up with the job. Why, because its a girls position. They have to fill it, but whats the priority, what is it really worth to the administration at Ryan. The girls are slated to go to a play day in just a few weeks. They need a head coach. Search Committee, what a joke, good smoke screen, please prove me wrong Father Ryan. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I heard they were waiting to hire an Athletic Director first. The Tennessean reported that they hired Father Ryan alum and current Cumberland University AD, Pat Lawson as the new AD.