Boyd Buchanan

moundhound

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the game? Might be a entertaining match-up.

Game was at 5pm, and it was a pretty good game. Polk kicked it around a little in the first inning and gave up 2 unearned runs, but ended up winning 8-4. Both teams played very well. Boyd got somewhat of a gift with a ball that was clearly foul but called a homerun. Good luck to both teams.

It was a good game. I know for a fact that BBS Coach went to Polk because he felt the POLK Coach was making up how wet the field was. There was no standing water at 5:50 that day and the field was in great condition. Bottom line, Tripplett didn't want to play that day because it was quite cool (around 50). The principals never talked. The game was always going to be made up, just not on the Wednesday.

As to the throwing incident. The Polk player was hit below the shoulders. I have no idea if it were intentional even tough I doubt it. The Boyd hitter yesterday was beaned right in the ear hole. This was a very close call to being a MAJOR injury. That was classless!

Dont you just love rumors by the way!

As for the game, it was a good game. The HR was clearly fair. It continued to curve after it went over and it landed foul, but it went over fair and kept curving. Both teams had some mistakes that hurt them but both played pretty well. Polk is awfully talented. One of the best hitting lineups around and Phillips is a Stud. Boyd continues to improve and I hope they get to play again.

It was a good game. I know for a fact that BBS Coach went to Polk because he felt the POLK Coach was making up how wet the field was. There was no standing water at 5:50 that day and the field was in great condition. Bottom line, Tripplett didn't want to play that day because it was quite cool (around 50). The principals never talked. The game was always going to be made up, just not on the Wednesday.

As to the throwing incident. The Polk player was hit below the shoulders. I have no idea if it were intentional even tough I doubt it. The Boyd hitter yesterday was beaned right in the ear hole. This was a very close call to being a MAJOR injury. That was classless!

As for the game, it was a good game. The HR was clearly fair. It continued to curve after it went over and it landed foul, but it went over fair and kept curving. Both teams had some mistakes that hurt them but both played pretty well. Polk is awfully talented. One of the best hitting lineups around and Phillips is a Stud. Boyd continues to improve and I hope they get to play again.

I don't like rumors either so heres the facts: Polk's field was to wet to safely play that Monday, as it was raining/sleeting at 430pm. As to the beaning incident YES the Polk hitter was hit on purpose(the coach made a mound visit to deliver his instructions), and NO the Boyd hitter was NOT hit on purpose (Polk pitcher was a Freshman although a good pitcher lacks control ask Ooltewah he hit four in a row.

As for the home run it was debatable the ump admitted he never seen the ball

Why would the POLK coach make up that the field was too WET!As I've said before its phillips or bean pick you're poison!!! The field was in unplayable condition, how do I know? Cause I was there!! If the Boyd coach can waste the $3.50 a gallon of gas to drive to Polk to see if the field was playable or not you would think he could of got his team there on time for Thurs. game. 5:00 game time they arrived at 4:30, how do I know this again, I was there!! As for the throwing incident, Boyd coach went to mound, kid gets hit in the head, go figure!! Now thats CLASSLESS!!! Polk brought in a freshman Thurs., yea he hit the kid, he's wild as a buck but can get the job done!! I only hope that you can have the good fortune to play POLK again, cause its phillips or bean pick you're POISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me correct one of your statements. The Polk player was not hit below the shoulder. The Polk player that was INTENTIONALLY hit, bruised his hand very badly because he had to put his hand up to keep the ball from hitting his face. His friends from Boyd told him they did hit him on purpose, they did not know why. The friends all teased each other and said see ya at the next game. How good it is to see good young men display class. Hats of to these boys. I would hope that no team would ever aim for someones face or head. I would like to think the ball just went to high toward the Polk player has it did unintentionally at the Boyd player. The Polk pitcher is a great young man and I don't think he would aim for someones head. Players get hit in the batter box, intentionally and unintentionally. Both of these teams have a lot of talent. I hope both of these teams continue to play hard and good luck in the tournament.

• 1 month later...

I just think it's wrong for a private school, with what would seem to be unlimited funds, to be able to take the gate, and concession money from small public schools. These schools count on this money for assisting in funding their programs. If TSSAA wants to allow this, they should pay these schools for their loss. For so long it seems the private schools have had an edge when it comes to school sports, they don't forfeit when they make it to the state play off's. Why should they be allowed to do it during the season. Polk Co. has been out matched by private schools in the past and to my knowledge has never forfeited. I guess our standards are a little different in Polk Co. My hats off to all the Wildcats for working hard and instilling such fear.

This comment shows your lack of education about private schools. Most Private schools do not have "unlimited funds." ( Div II is another story)The funds are from hard working people who choose to send their children to a school to get an education. The private schools do not get money from the state that public schools get. All of the funds come from parents and grandparents who care about their children's education. So because of this choice their child is multiplied by 1.8. (SO THAT IS FAIR?) There are a few well off people who send their children to private schools but that is a minority. Most sacrifice a lot financially to put their kids in a school where morals are taught. I attended both private and public and by far private is better. So if you think that the private schools have "unlimited " funds then you have not talked to a teacher or a coach, because they are paid well below the national average and state average for teacher salaries. So why do they do it, because they believe in the cause.

• 2 weeks later...

This comment shows your lack of education about private schools. Most Private schools do not have "unlimited funds." ( Div II is another story)The funds are from hard working people who choose to send their children to a school to get an education. The private schools do not get money from the state that public schools get. All of the funds come from parents and grandparents who care about their children's education. So because of this choice their child is multiplied by 1.8. (SO THAT IS FAIR?) There are a few well off people who send their children to private schools but that is a minority. Most sacrifice a lot financially to put their kids in a school where morals are taught. I attended both private and public and by far private is better. So if you think that the private schools have "unlimited " funds then you have not talked to a teacher or a coach, because they are paid well below the national average and state average for teacher salaries. So why do they do it, because they believe in the cause.

AMEN!

• 2 weeks later...