Bearden vs. Farragut

ktownman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can throw previous games, records and all of that out when it comes to this game. This is such a huge rivalry that the determining factor will be what is brought THAT night by each team. Bearden will be HUNGRY, especially after some interesting recent results. Farragut has been holding steady, but needs to be careful of getting complacent or over confident.

I have seen Bearden play, and when they are "on" they can't be touched. But they have had some "off" moments this season, but I don't think they will be like this for the Farragut match.

I will go with the lame way out, and call a 2-2 tie.

You can throw previous games, records and all of that out when it comes to this game. This is such a huge rivalry that the determining factor will be what is brought THAT night by each team. Bearden will be HUNGRY, especially after some interesting recent results. Farragut has been holding steady, but needs to be careful of getting complacent or over confident.

I have seen Bearden play, and when they are "on" they can't be touched. But they have had some "off" moments this season, but I don't think they will be like this for the Farragut match.

I will agree with you past records don't matter and coaching will be alot of this game. But I do disagree Bearden can't be touched, they have been 3 times 2 losses and a tie. I know you said on their game but that just makes them a good team , great teams slip once, sometimes it is in the playoffs. I don't think any rivalry team takes their opponent for granted. I will take Farragut 2-1 in this one,

GAMEBALL-

BigG never said that coaching would be alot of this game. He said what is brought that night from the teams is what counts. E.Tenn soccer is primetime and this game is always great to watch. I personally feel that E.Turner knows what his team is capable of and like I said before....Bearden will be angry!

I look forward to the outcome and will be in Farragut's stadium to watch.

As for a prediction in this one, there WILL be goals. Yes....more than expected.

Bearden WINS 4-2.

Good luck to both programs !!!!!!!

Yes past records don't mean a thing with rivalries this intense. Was suprised Farragut beat West BUT see Bearden taking this one big. They should be ready and looking for paybacks from last years final and disappointing results this past week; expect Turner to have them taking care of business. The interesting thing though, Farragut continues to chug along and pull out the wins. Can they do it again? On their off days, seemingly "easy" matches are competetive. It goes without saying, Farragut can't afford to have an off day or it will be a big night for the dogs.

GAMEBALL-

BigG never said that coaching would be alot of this game. He said what is brought that night from the teams is what counts. E.Tenn soccer is primetime and this game is always great to watch. I personally feel that E.Turner knows what his team is capable of and like I said before....Bearden will be angry!

I look forward to the outcome and will be in Farragut's stadium to watch.

As for a prediction in this one, there WILL be goals. Yes....more than expected.

Bearden WINS 4-2.

Good luck to both programs !!!!!!!

I don't think that GAMEBALL was implying that BigG said coaching would be "a lot" of this game. I think he was saying that he agreed with BigG, and, on a side note, that coaching will be an additional factor.

this game is big, BUT there will be bigger ones down the road, like maybe when(if) they meet for the district championship or possibly somehow sooner in the tourney, or maybe if they meet in the region championship, or maybe if they meet at state. it's happened before, come to think of it, that is almost every year. either way. It's a big game, but whoever loses shouldn't call their season just yet.

I don't think that GAMEBALL was implying that BigG said coaching would be "a lot" of this game. I think he was saying that he agreed with BigG, and, on a side note, that coaching will be an additional factor.

Thanks for the Clarification Dins8, your explanations is exactly what I meant. The coaches will have to bring their very best game also. I played in Middle Tennessee and back then the Farragut Bearden game had more interest than our games over here. When Coach T started it was the most written about game with the most posters of any thread. Today it is just another thread.interesting.............I think the game still generates alot of interest but the posters have diminished. The posters on this thread usually fan out about even, but this year it seems other than the IhavenoFreiends poster, Farragut people are not on here. I have to admit that I haven't had the opportunity to watch enough of the two teams this year but from the threads you would think Bearden is unstoppable and will clean the floor with Farragut. I really can't see it that way since Bearden seems to have stumbled more than Farragut has. I also saw one poster say they were surprised Farragut beat West, Why? Intrigued; maybe, Interesting game ;Maybe ....but surprised? NO WAY!! Farragut is always good and West beating Bearden doesn't prove they were better than Farragut as proven by the outcome with Farragut's win.

Based on current results and overall production using statistical analytical data, Posters should be surprised if Bearden beats Farragut. Oh and the coaching thing I agree Turner is good, real good but Farragut's coach gets the job done and is every bit as good if not better and I like his chances. I will stay with Farragut 2-1.

Well said, gameball. I will agree that the rivalry (at least on the boards) has died down over the years. I think part of the reason, is that both teams have learned that it is smart to stay off the boards when talking about your own team... it only gives good "locker room material" when they do.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Bearden at Farragut, Friday 8 P.M.

Predictions?

This game will be tough to predict- not just the usual "rivalry"...I think that the outcome will be directly based on who the ref will be for the game. I have seen this game played many times through the years- they are always great games with a lot of intensity, however, in most of the games- especially when played at Farragut, the ref "usually" is Chuck Wood. Now, I have watched this guy for a long time and I personally think he is a great ref...but like all ref's, they have good games and bad games. (I have seen 3 games he has ran this year...and he was absolutely awesome!) It just seems like that when he has the Farragut vs Bearden game- it doesn't fall under the "good" catagory. I just believe that there should be some other refs that get to control this game. If a ref lets them play a little more aggressive, than I think that Bearden wins this thing 3-1. If it is a ref that calls a foul every 30 seconds and never lets any play develop, kills advantages, etc- then Farragut wins 1-0. So....much like last year, I wonder......who will ref this game??? We'll see tomorrow night. My money is on some bald guy!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />