What Happened to Lexington Did they eat there words?

Ctownfootball

Every starter including the DH and Starting Pitcher can reenter the game one time. The reason this is odd is because the DH is usually for the starting pitcher. What usually happens is a change in pitching and the DH enters the game. Now the DH is dead because he entered the game. In South Sides case The DH did not enter the game therefore he can reenter. Now would i bet my Life on this ruling NO. No coach will ever know every rule in any sport, but this is how I see it.

Read David's post with the article link. It is a very simple rule. Once the DH was substituted out of the game for the defensive player in his spot, the DH is dead.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFHS case book 3.1.4 Situation C: F4 for whom the DH is batting pinch hits, or pinch runs for the DH. Ruling: the DH position is eliminated for the remainder of the game. However the starting DH could re-enter as a player but not in the role of the DH. If he does reenter he must re-enter in the same position in the batting order replacing F4.

Did the second baseman return to second following the Home Run by the original DH if he did the ruling was mis handled. If the original DH or another sub took that position then the ruling was right.

NFHS case book 3.1.4 Situation C: F4 for whom the DH is batting pinch hits, or pinch runs for the DH. Ruling: the DH position is eliminated for the remainder of the game. However the starting DH could re-enter as a player but not in the role of the DH. If he does reenter he must re-enter in the same position in the batting order replacing F4.

Did the second baseman return to second following the Home Run by the original DH if he did the ruling was mis handled. If the original DH or another sub took that position then the ruling was right.

The second baseman reentered in the field for the 6th and 7th inning.

I dont know the Lexington coach and only have seen him when South Side played them both times. I noticed what appears to be genuine affection for his players and although I dont agree with his tactics ,I do admire him for trying to motivate players to play to the best of their abilities. I dont think the outburst should have lasted as long as it did though as it completely made him the center of attention instead of his players. He didnt use any profanity or other demeaning comments or at least none that I heard. I would say that he was kind of mimicking Randy Harrell in a way. He was just fired up for the game like everyone else that was there. South Side fan here.....

Thats funny...Of course it counts and their will not be an asterisk...Can you please post the rule instead of relying on others. Not saying your not right...it's just that I see people do that all the time. I guess Lexington is unbeatable unless they have an off day /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Ney York Yankees would probably be underdogs against this mighty Lexington squad.

i agree appears lexington should have all players drafted this year

Ok here it is straight, you guys make the call. The the batter in question was the DH hitting in place of the 2nd baseman, after reaching base in 2 inning the second baseman pinch ran for the DH then hit for himself in place of the DH at that spots next at bat. The next time that spot was up to plate Coach Growe calls time to reenter the starter in that hitting spot and thats when the argument began. I dont have a rule book but it appears he (coach) basically reentered the starter in place of the substitute hitter. Which killed the sub from batting but not the starter. . Coach for SS ask for time and clarified rule whatever it was with umpire before kid ever stepped in box and as I remember it Lex Coach was right there in on the conversation, thats when the tirade began for about 10 minutes or so. I beleive it was the first pitch fast ball that was hit out. I was also told Lexington pitcher was clocked at a high of 83, didnt see it myself to verify one way or the other.

I wish Lexington the best (that is unless they are playing South Side of course) got to root for the hawks!

so Lexington has 8 starting seniors and a junior, one of the fastest outfields in tenn, and one of the best hitting teams in west tenn how do y'all think they'll do this year? remember they're returning 3 all west tenn picks plus I came from jackson n hit .529 last year, throw 90 n i'm a senior cleared to play....so 4 all west tenn players. watch out this'll be a big year Is this the same pitcher who pitched against SS?

Oh man.. I'd give anything to see Odle out there stirring it up with the umps... I am kind of surprised the venerable coacht has let so many negative comments about Terry go on this thread. I'd give anything to see this guy "yankee---" say the things he says indirectly about Terry to Terry's face... My bet he doesn't have the kahoonas to do it... he might find out who is really the "little man" ... Right, wrong, indifferent, I'll take Terry Odle any day on this argument.. For all you coacht purist, that think that baseball should be played your way, and that Odle is a "jerk".. ha! What I find funny is... there are alot of baseball players and their parents that want their children to play for Odle.... why do you think that is??? Because Terry has intensity, cares for his players, and loves the game. Oh by the way... Terry also has the tenacity to stand up for what he thinks is right, rather than get pushed around by some of these inept TSSAA umpires in key games. Which would you rather play for ??? a prima donna coach that believes the best coaches sit on the bench, keep their mouths shut and take their loss with gracefulness or for a fireball like Terry Odle that is willing to lay it on the line to get win??? Last time I checked... Terry has been a winner... not some weak kneed graceful loser....

Oh man.. I'd give anything to see Odle out there stirring it up with the umps... I am kind of surprised the venerable coacht has let so many negative comments about Terry go on this thread. I'd give anything to see this guy "yankee---" say the things he says indirectly about Terry to Terry's face... My bet he doesn't have the kahoonas to do it... he might find out who is really the "little man" ... Right, wrong, indifferent, I'll take Terry Odle any day on this argument.. For all you coacht purist, that think that baseball should be played your way, and that Odle is a "jerk".. ha! What I find funny is... there are alot of baseball players and their parents that want their children to play for Odle.... why do you think that is??? Because Terry has intensity, cares for his players, and loves the game. Oh by the way... Terry also has the tenacity to stand up for what he thinks is right, rather than get pushed around by some of these inept TSSAA umpires in key games. Which would you rather play for ??? a prima donna coach that believes the best coaches sit on the bench, keep their mouths shut and take their loss with gracefulness or for a fireball like Terry Odle that is willing to lay it on the line to get win??? Last time I checked... Terry has been a winner... not some weak kneed graceful loser....

This yankee guy is 42 5'10 200 pounds has a very low crewcut and wears glasses and can be found at most of the local big sporting events....This Terry guy is not some baseball god, he puts his pants on just like the rest of us.

Have you ever made critical comments about anyone on here??????? The man rips up the rulebook in front of the ump....what do you expect:roflol: I've seen negative comments 100 times worse than anything I said.....SS beat them get over it...If Bolivar splits with them guess who wins the district. Odel can't be there, it's his own fault and noone elses. The two biggest games of the seasson coming up for Lexington and the head coach looses his cool and gets suspended and everyone wants to blame everybody but him. Iknow people from Lexington that are not that fond of him to. It amazes me anytime when somebody talks smack on here people always want to say something like...say it to my face or his face or whatever.(when people say that it is so childish).Smack is part of messages boards..Get it...I don't use profanity and if I ever cross the line I apologize. His actions were certainly a water cooler topic at my work and everybody to a man agreed that his actions waranted his suspension. To be honest with you I could care less what you think or anybody else...it's a mesasage board and I have seen comments from others that were just as negative as mine...Why don't you post everybodys screen name that was critical as say the same things to them. It's nothing more than a head coach getting suspended from a highschool event ..nothing more nothing less. Don't take things so serioulsy...life goes on. I can assure you I will not lose any sleep over your comments or anybody elses. Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!! My only point to begin with was that why not just give SS credit instead of using excuses for losing!!!!!!!!

BTW..what are you suggesting anyway? Are you suggesting the head baseball coach will knock my block off ? Your comments sound like a highschool kid!!!!!!! Show the coach my comments and let him decide..like I said I'm at most of these sporting events..... we are all adults and don't go out of our way looking for confrontations...at least I don't...but I'm not going to let anybody make me look like a fool like you are trying to do either. IT'S ONLY A BASEBALL GAME. If I offended you or anyonr else I opologize.

Just though I would post some negative comments you have made about others so eveyone can see. Are you prepared to make these comments to all these people in person /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> All the comments below are from you and came from various threads.

I am not sure exactly who had influence in hiring him, but my gut feel is this coach will be ok if he can stay away from the wall monkeys and from school board members/administrators that want their children, grand children or friend's children to play ball. If he gets wrapped up in ...

how can you be a teacher of good values and character when you would resort to cheating/recruiting ??? what is strange , no coach on this website even challenged this thought - sadly disappointing - so why be surprised when you have parents and players that challenge you as coach when you have a morality problem that involves cheating???? where does your cheating stop???? how does anyone trust you?????

after a short stint at the chain factory - I think the community college (Western State) down at Bolivar hired him... they were fairly impresssed with his 20 games per year record.. I heard Jack Nicholson put in good word for him while nurse Ratchet is holding the line....go figure, just can't hold him down....

This is pretty pathetic and sad. Hmmmm??? This stuff makes Danny Leasure and Steve Wilkinson look like a choir boys. It is amazing how a guy with his Sunday suit can baffle a whole town into thinking he is the stuff. I'd say if this is true - somebody needs to clean house - from school board - adminstration - and all basketball coaches - Clement included. The only chance that LHS gets past "one and done" is to look outside the box. For all those who have been stepped on in the past - WHAT COMES AROUND - GOES AROUND........................

I dont know the Lexington coach and only have seen him when South Side played them both times. I noticed what appears to be genuine affection for his players and although I dont agree with his tactics ,I do admire him for trying to motivate players to play to the best of their abilities. I dont think the outburst should have lasted as long as it did though as it completely made him the center of attention instead of his players. He didnt use any profanity or other demeaning comments or at least none that I heard. I would say that he was kind of mimicking Randy Harrell in a way. He was just fired up for the game like everyone else that was there. South Side fan here.....

I have known Coach Odle for over a decade. He is a great coach and a better person.