Farragut loses a tough one 3-2

FHSstr8cash

Farragut lost tonight 3-2 to WB. Terrible focus and approach at the plate killed the Admirals and 2 late mental errors sealed the win for WB. Farragut falls to 28-1 on the season. Guarantee they will not have another game like this one.

P.S.- I also apologize for my remarks on Turtle. He's a fine catcher and kid. That was wrong of me to say and sometimes we all say things we regret. I meant to post this earlier today but my internet was broke.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is avery shocking score. Sometimes a loss can help a team refocus. Having a undefeated record can also put a lot of pressure on a team. I am sure Farragut will be a better team ( if possible) after this loss.)

Thats baseball , any team can be beat . Post season is when it really matters , and its just around the corner...good luck to everyone

a loss might be good for them. It might make them realize their not invincible and have to stay focused. Good thing the wake up call came now and not in state.

I would not put them in state just yet. I know they are a fantastic baseball team, but in that district and region anything could happen. Poosibly the best baseball district in the state.

I'd rather them lose now, than to lose in the post season. they are still 28-1 and 1st in their district. You can not complain about that. I doubt this will really affect their ranking either. I mean yeah it is a loss to a team probably no one outside of TN knows about, but most teams are bound to lose at some point. From the article I read it sounded like Farragut just couldn't get the hits with people on base. Leaving 8 guys on is not very good. Very odd to see an offense of their caliber leaving that many men on in a game.

Farragut Admirals lost a tough game last night but they are still a very good team. This could be the best team in the state and maybe the top in the nation. This loss could be bad for opponents because farragut has no pressure now and they will go out ready to kill. The Admirals had mental mistakes lastnight. The team practiced after the loss for about 2 hours at the field working on new stuff. This team is going to be very hard to beat from here on out. Good Luck Ads and Keep it up!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.