Rivals................

Guest birdhunter

Here are ten rivalries, in no particular order, from East Tennessee.

1. Oak Ridge vs Clinton... First football game Oak Ridge High ever played was against the Dragons in 1943. Clinton beat the Wildcats twice that season by identical 20 - 0 scores. Series was suspended from 1950 to 1970 for public safety. Dragon Stadium is one of the best places to watch a game at because there is no track around the field which means fans are right on top of the action.

2. Clinton vs Anderson County... They really don't seem to like each other much and do enjoy knocking the snot out of each other :)

3. Alcoa vs Maryville... Cities located next to each other and both schools play at a high skill level.

4.Loudon vs Lenior City... I believe this rivalry is called, "Battle for the Bridge."

5. Farragut vs Bearden... Battle for West Knoxville. Students flame the fire for this rivalry year round.

6. Oliver Springs vs Kingston vs Harriman vs Rockwood... Roane County schools that like to slobberknock each other around. Although the rivalries are intense, they do seem to pull for one another against non-Roane County teams.

7. Knox. Halls vs Knox. Central... Battle for Black Oak Ridge. Proud neighboring communities in North Knoxville that seem to be evenly matched year in and year out.

8. Morristown East vs. Morristown West... Share the same city, share the same football stadium, share the same burning desire to beat on each other.

9. Kingsport DB vs Science Hill... Both schools are good at just about every sport and that creates a year round rivalry.

10. Cleveland vs Bradley Central... Good athletes + good fans = good rivalry.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest panther09

The Portland Vs Trousdale is quickly becoming a heated rivalry. The first matchup last year was the first in about 15 years and Portland absolutly KILLED Trousdale. They were up by 35 points before the lights got on good. The next in the playoffs was a little different. I didn't beleive that Trousdale had 1000 to 1 odds and didn't even go to the game but when I picked up the paper the next morning my panthers lost. I will be sure to make the game this year. I beleive that it is in Hartsville on the dreaded "Creekbank" but the panthers will be READY.

Guest timbranard

Goodpasture VS. David Lipscomb...definately big, because year in and year out it decides who will be region champions and it is only the second game of the season. very storied rivalry.

Guest 4cubes

morristown west versus morristown east

morristown west versus greenville

morristwon west versus jefferson county

another one is even they have only played 2 times

morristown west versus maryville

[Edited by 4cubes on 7/23/02 5:40P]