Scores from the Coffee Co. Classic

chs4life

You are absolutely, 100% wrong. I too was at the game and had a much better vantage point than your left field deer stand. The ump was behind the plate when the play occured at home. He then moved around to in front of the plate and said to the catcher, "show me the ball!" I heard it and everybody in the stadium probably could have heard him. Upon seeing the ball he then signaled safe.

I too thought it was odd that the ump working the 3rd base side continued having conversations between innings with a CC fan. It wasn't just one inning either.

It was a good game. Hopefully these two teams will meet again this season.

I love my "Deer Stand" the parents did that for me and I will not even go into why. I'm so glad that you see and hear better than anyone. I thought MrNoitAll knew it all but with your eyes there is doubt you know it all. By the way thanks to your booster club prez. for being a class act driving back to say sorry and pick up the trophy.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully, I though MJ invented this type of tourney several years ago when we used to go to their tourney. They would somehow put 8 of top 10 teams in tournament in top bracket and put themselves in the bottom. However, they would also give themselves double byes so that they only had to play 1 game to get to finals. Never thought Goodpasture would ever go back.

Don't think the same thing goes on from now since Coach Ped. has arrived, but MJ did it as well as anyone in days gone bye. Might be where SD picked it up.

Congratulations to both MJ & CC for getting to finals. But the BIG GAME has yet to be played. Coach Ped. & Coach Terry do a great job-

See ya in the boro!

A former MJ head coach is now an asst coach at Hendersonville.

I agree with a couple of the other posts on here.

The trophy being left behind isn't that big of a deal.

The bad thing is how some people try to tarnish a tourney win and basically bash CC for something the umps did.

The way I understand it from players and parents, the ump called Shelby safe then went to the other side of home plate to (for some reason) check if the catcher had the ball. Then he called her safe again. Let it go. It was a close call and even if she was out, who's to say CC wouldn't have held MJ one more inning and then score?

Respect goes to all the CC and MJ players and coaches.

The bad thing is how some people try to tarnish a tourney win and basically bash CC for something the umps did.

The way I understand it from players and parents, the ump called Shelby safe then went to the other side of home plate to (for some reason) check if the catcher had the ball. Then he called her safe again. Let it go. It was a close call and even if she was out, who's to say CC wouldn't have held MJ one more inning and then score?

Why would the umpire do that though? Ask to see the ball, then after he sees it, call the runner again safe?

Why would the umpire do that though? Ask to see the ball, then after he sees it, call the runner again safe?

One more thing, leaving the trophy in the parking lot as a statement is crap. There is no reason ever for a coach to be that big of a baby over a tournament that is not a qualifier for regionals, sectionals, or state. She really is setting a bad example. Part of a good coaches job is to teach their players life skills and so far she is about the worst I have ever seen with that stunt she pulled after the coffee county game. Many times in our lives and our girls lives things happen that we dont agree with or think are fair, the girls need to be shown by adults the proper and healthy ways to deal with such a situation.

One more thing, leaving the trophy in the parking lot as a statement is crap. There is no reason ever for a coach to be that big of a baby over a tournament that is not a qualifier for regionals, sectionals, or state. She really is setting a bad example. Part of a good coaches job is to teach their players life skills and so far she is about the worst I have ever seen with that stunt she pulled after the coffee county game. Many times in our lives and our girls lives things happen that we dont agree with or think are fair, the girls need to be shown by adults the proper and healthy ways to deal with such a situation.

That's pretty much what I said also. Doesn't matter what happened in the tournament, those young ladies look up to their coach and it is very important that she is aware of that. The AD at the school would be smart to remind her of that. Teenagers are very impressionable and it is important for a Coach to be a good role model.

It was a good game to watch from a fans perspective. Very exciting.

However....the umpire did not call the runner safe twice, I was there.

That's pretty much what I said also. Doesn't matter what happened in the tournament, those young ladies look up to their coach and it is very important that she is aware of that. The AD at the school would be smart to remind her of that. Teenagers are very impressionable and it is important for a Coach to be a good role model.

Folks, my understanding is Coach P has her players put all equipment in her car. As the trophy was so large it probably would not fit in the back and they left it beside the car thinking she would put it in. She probably thought they had put it in and simply did not check. The school should be proud to have a leader like her. Coach P is a class act, always positive with the girls (as someone from Coffee County stated this weekend), and has done some great things since being at MJ. The tournament was great, the games were good ones to get everyone ready for post season. Isn??™t that what we were all really doing anyway? Let this go and continue to watch great softball. Both school softball programs seem to be class acts.

Thanks Coffee County for a great tournament.

Folks, my understanding is Coach P has her players put all equipment in her car. As the trophy was so large it probably would not fit in the back and they left it beside the car thinking she would put it in. She probably thought they had put it in and simply did not check. The school should be proud to have a leader like her. Coach P is a class act, always positive with the girls (as someone from Coffee County stated this weekend), and has done some great things since being at MJ. The tournament was great, the games were good ones to get everyone ready for post season. Isn??™t that what we were all really doing anyway? Let this go and continue to watch great softball. Both school softball programs seem to be class acts.

Happens to me all the time. Get in a hurry...pack too quick...leave a kid in the parking lot.

Nice try but nobody is going buy that " oh my goodness I must have forgot" especially after the apology to the Coffee county coach.

Oh I loved this comment:

" Happens to me all the time. Get in a hurry...pack too quick...leave a kid in the parking lot."

That is really funny! great post!

Nice try but nobody is going buy that " oh my goodness I must have forgot" especially after the apology to the Coffee county coach.

Oh I loved this comment:

" Happens to me all the time. Get in a hurry...pack too quick...leave a kid in the parking lot."

That is really funny! great post!

Absolutely no one buys that excuse for a minute...lots of witnesses that saw her intentionally put the trophy down to leave it...second place was just not acceptable...we have tons of trophies at our house from travel ball and are proud of them all...all reflect hard work and although she is an awesome coach and has done alot for MJ's program, this was still a terrible example to set for the girls...Great of the dad and 2 girls that did come back to retrieve it!! And ya i forget my kid sometimes too...so funny!!

Absolutely no one buys that excuse for a minute...lots of witnesses that saw her intentionally put the trophy down to leave it...second place was just not acceptable...we have tons of trophies at our house from travel ball and are proud of them all...all reflect hard work and although she is an awesome coach and has done alot for MJ's program, this was still a terrible example to set for the girls...Great of the dad and 2 girls that did come back to retrieve it!! And ya i forget my kid sometimes too...so funny!!

I agree if this was the case. Shame on her but.... it was not the girls that left the trophy.