cbhs vs usj

hsbaseballfan03

To win now days does not take "dominant" pitching but a consistent bullpen from top to bottom. And if you got a Pomeranz, Cain etc... good for the team, but they only throw one game every four days. Hard to get through state like that. Think you willl find that Bartlett, Collierville, and CBHS will fare well because of the depth of their bullpen. Have seen Martinez since he was twelve, and he has always been a consistent pitcher, justs get overshadowed because he is a great centerfielder.

I too will be glad when district play starts. Good luck to everyone.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talked to one of my buddies down in jackson who attended the game on tuesday, and said it was a great game played by both teams! he said that both pitchers threw well, but martinez had just a little more up his sleeve! said it was true baseball, with both teams having to play small ball to get runs on the board, and obviously cbhs did a better job of that! i was told that cbhs got the big hits when they needed them, and usj had several runners in scoring possition, but did not execute and get the runners across the plate! that was the whole difference in the game.... if usj wants to advance far in the post season they will have to do a better job of hitting with runners with scoring possition and be more disciplined at the plate! as far a cbhs... i would be utterly shocked if anyone could beat them in state.... maybe a BGA with moore on the mound?

as for the idiot who said memphis is down.... collierville or bartlett in AAA for sure and more than likely CBHS in D2? haha havent seen many more talented teams in the memphis area! many players off those teams have signed with U of M and that will make them tough to beat in a few years

talked to one of my buddies down in jackson who attended the game on tuesday, and said it was a great game played

as for the idiot who said memphis is down.... collierville or bartlett in AAA for sure and more than likely CBHS in D2? haha havent seen many more talented teams in the memphis area! many players off those teams have signed with U of M and that will make them tough to beat in a few years

Yeah many players, three from Bartlett, which I mentioned that two of them, Hatfield and Wilson are not having as a good a year as they had as last year, as for CBHS, Martinez is the only player from there to sign with Memphis. Who else has signed DI in Memphis area? Wright at MUS with Ole Miss, Leconte at Briarcrest with Tennessee. Those are the only ones I know of and haven't seen anyone this year that everyone is missing out on. I am probably leaving someone out. Personally I think Martinez is the most complete player to come out of Memphis in the last several years, if he had more power he could be considered a sure fire five tool player. Who are the other DI players off those teams? I know the catcher for the brothers has signed with Air Force, anyone else. What Collierville players have signed with DI schools? What are Wilson and Hatfield's averages, hr totals, and strikeouts compared to last year? I have seen CBHS four times this year and Bartlett twice. I think Bartlett is the better team and if they did play and the game was close, Clark would win, no one is better than him. Collierville and Bartlett will make it to Murfreesboro because there are two from here that go every year, I just don't see them winning it all this year. Like I said before, hope they do.

Sorry to be so late in chiming in on this topic. I haven't been on CoachT for several days. After reading the first few pages of this thread, however, I just had to add my two cents. This is typical USJ. When there is a confrontation, the USJ fans never seem to see what everyone else sees. They are never in the wrong. Their kids are never the type to do those things. I can almost assure you that no additional disciplinary action was taken. After all, the poor kid was the victim of bad umpiring. That justifies his poor behavior choices. Again, this episode is just typical USJ behavior.

Yeah many players, three from Bartlett, which I mentioned that two of them, Hatfield and Wilson are not having as a good a year as they had as last year, as for CBHS, Martinez is the only player from there to sign with Memphis. Who else has signed DI in Memphis area? Wright at MUS with Ole Miss, Leconte at Briarcrest with Tennessee. Those are the only ones I know of and haven't seen anyone this year that everyone is missing out on. I am probably leaving someone out. Personally I think Martinez is the most complete player to come out of Memphis in the last several years, if he had more power he could be considered a sure fire five tool player. Who are the other DI players off those teams? I know the catcher for the brothers has signed with Air Force, anyone else. What Collierville players have signed with DI schools? What are Wilson and Hatfield's averages, hr totals, and strikeouts compared to last year? I have seen CBHS four times this year and Bartlett twice. I think Bartlett is the better team and if they did play and the game was close, Clark would win, no one is better than him. Collierville and Bartlett will make it to Murfreesboro because there are two from here that go every year, I just don't see them winning it all this year. Like I said before, hope they do.

Stephen Thompson for CBHS has signed with UT Martin, I believe. Blanchard still may sign somewhere.

you are the be-all, end-all of high school baseball.

clark over kelso?...maybe.

clark over st. claire?...never. (former Brothers jv coach, the absolute best at getting all he can out of what he has)

you are the be-all, end-all of high school baseball.

clark over kelso?...maybe.

clark over st. claire?...never. (former Brothers jv coach, the absolute best at getting all he can out of what he has)

Not anywhere near the be-all end all, actually I am the love child of Al Woods and Tim Dulin. JV baseball doesn't count, the only people that care about JV are the players and parents, St. Claire is a good coach but no where near Clark, only real close one will be in a few years after Johnny Beard has been at MUS a few years. Beard has a great baseball mind and will do real well at MUS. I think they only have two seniors this year.

Sorry to be so late in chiming in on this topic. I haven't been on CoachT for several days. After reading the first few pages of this thread, however, I just had to add my two cents. This is typical USJ. When there is a confrontation, the USJ fans never seem to see what everyone else sees. They are never in the wrong. Their kids are never the type to do those things. I can almost assure you that no additional disciplinary action was taken. After all, the poor kid was the victim of bad umpiring. That justifies his poor behavior choices. Again, this episode is just typical USJ behavior.

how can you say this, do u no for a fact or are u just saying stuff out your but. because i happen to no many kids that go there and they are great people on and off the field.

All i have to say to this is that fanman33 is an absolute moron! Just another usj hater.... first off if you werent at the game then dont be putting your 2 cents in! any cbhs or usj parent will tell you that the umpire had no clue what he was doing! obviously you didnt see wither game, so you coming on here and posting this is just for confrontation.... and i sense a little jealousy! i would love to know what school you suport and i guarentee that it is a rival that is mad bc usj beats you! all in all one of the most pointless, stupid, and timewasting post ive ever seen on coacht!

o and all behavior i have ever seen exhibited from usj has been classy.. from their kids to their parents! heck when they came down here to the warrior classic in the boro i watched them tarp and untarp oaklands fields while another team watched.... and usj wasnt even playing! all the parents, players and coaches i talked to were extremely nice and polite! as i said... stupid and timewasting post

All i have to say to this is that fanman33 is an absolute moron! Just another usj hater.... first off if you werent at the game then dont be putting your 2 cents in! any cbhs or usj parent will tell you that the umpire had no clue what he was doing! obviously you didnt see wither game, so you coming on here and posting this is just for confrontation.... and i sense a little jealousy! i would love to know what school you suport and i guarentee that it is a rival that is mad bc usj beats you! all in all one of the most pointless, stupid, and timewasting post ive ever seen on coacht!

o and all behavior i have ever seen exhibited from usj has been classy.. from their kids to their parents! heck when they came down here to the warrior classic in the boro i watched them tarp and untarp oaklands fields while another team watched.... and usj wasnt even playing! all the parents, players and coaches i talked to were extremely nice and polite! as i said... stupid and timewasting post

Tarpman, I hate to say it but I believe fatman33 may be from GP- if so I sure thought they had more class. I guess you guys will be busy next few days with the rain and all. Congratulations BTW, I hear your staff broke the old record recently for the fastest cover of a high school field during a drill. Keep up the good work