CASCADE CHAMPIONS

FridayMainEvent

My tax dollars do not go to Murfreesboro to support their school system! If you can read, I congratulated Richland for their win. What do you think home field advantage is, being able to drive two hours then go to your local school to take batting practice? I am sure Richland did ask and I dont fault them or their coaches. It was smart ball and getting their players ready, but I do fault who every let them use our county facilities! If they wanted to take batting practice, dont do it on my tax dollar!

Your tax dollars go to Murfreesboro? Then what are you complaining about? You should be looking into the teams that use Oakland's indoor practice facility the week of the football state championship games!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to know for a FACT that no tax dollars went into building that indoor facility. Parents, Coaches and Players worked extremely hard for YEARS in order to build that facility. So, you have no clue what you are talking about, that much is obvious. Also, as the other post said, teams often lend their facilites to other teams upon request. I know in college sometimes when our field was too wet to take pregame BP we let the opposing team hit in our facility, but i guess that's because we wanted them to beat us right? It was just BATTING PRACTICE, no magic secrets were revealed or pro tips given, they just hit some balls, you know like college and pro teams do before every game.

Also, as far as Shelbyville being jealous of Cascade, what a joke! Cascade has had a lot of success over the past couple of seasons and kudos to players, they played well and earned it. But Cascade is the one with a huge inferiority complex in regard to Shelbyville, the fact that this discussion is taking place is evident. Its the reason that cascade fans (not all but some) throw Shelbyville into discussions that have nothing to do with Shelbyville at all. And maybe if Cascade's coach could control his mouth and a certain sports writer could control his bias, both schools would be on much better terms to begin with and these shots and discussions would not occur.

Who exactly is the sports writer biased against and what has this person done to offend Shelbyville baseball fans?

The fact that Richland used Shelbyville's hitting facility had nothing to do with Cascade's loss. For someone to even think so is crazy.

Cascade had a great year and to "put the blame" for their season ending loss on the use of a hitting facility before takes away from their successful season.

Grow up!!!

I happen to know for a FACT that no tax dollars went into building that indoor facility. Parents, Coaches and Players worked extremely hard for YEARS in order to build that facility. So, you have no clue what you are talking about, that much is obvious. Also, as the other post said, teams often lend their facilites to other teams upon request. I know in college sometimes when our field was too wet to take pregame BP we let the opposing team hit in our facility, but i guess that's because we wanted them to beat us right? It was just BATTING PRACTICE, no magic secrets were revealed or pro tips given, they just hit some balls, you know like college and pro teams do before every game.

Also, as far as Shelbyville being jealous of Cascade, what a joke! Cascade has had a lot of success over the past couple of seasons and kudos to players, they played well and earned it. But Cascade is the one with a huge inferiority complex in regard to Shelbyville, the fact that this discussion is taking place is evident. Its the reason that cascade fans (not all but some) throw Shelbyville into discussions that have nothing to do with Shelbyville at all. And maybe if Cascade's coach could control his mouth and a certain sports writer could control his bias, both schools would be on much better terms to begin with and these shots and discussions would not occur.

First off I would like to say congrats to Richland. The have a great ball team and flat out hit the ball all night long. Congrats to Cascade on another very successful season. Coach Parker and Coach Comstock have done wonders for this program. As far as your comments about the reporter and the coach. What are they supposed to write and say? The reporter is assigned to Cascade athletics and the coach well he coaches the team. This all started last year during football season with you. This is not a baseball thing, this is the whole entire athletic program situation. Reguardless of who is jealous of either one its not a joke. It took a whole year to allow Mr. Batts to play ball at Cascade basically. Why would the principal at SCHS have a problem with a player transferring to Cascade? Everyone knows about the accusations that have come through SCHS many times concerning their girls basketball program. SCHS is certainly the larger school and they have more money and students, but the thing is if you look at the past 5-10 years Cascade has been alot more successful over all in sports. I dont have a problem with SCHS or anything that they do but to call out BJSDOG and call him silly but you can come on here and berate the coach and reporter is kinda calling the kettle black. I dont see any resolve in this matter anytime soon because fans are going to support their teams and schools. I just say before you criticize someone read your own posts as well.

First off I would like to say congrats to Richland. The have a great ball team and flat out hit the ball all night long. Congrats to Cascade on another very successful season. Coach Parker and Coach Comstock have done wonders for this program. As far as your comments about the reporter and the coach. What are they supposed to write and say? The reporter is assigned to Cascade athletics and the coach well he coaches the team. This all started last year during football season with you. This is not a baseball thing, this is the whole entire athletic program situation. Reguardless of who is jealous of either one its not a joke. It took a whole year to allow Mr. Batts to play ball at Cascade basically. Why would the principal at SCHS have a problem with a player transferring to Cascade? Everyone knows about the accusations that have come through SCHS many times concerning their girls basketball program. SCHS is certainly the larger school and they have more money and students, but the thing is if you look at the past 5-10 years Cascade has been alot more successful over all in sports. I dont have a problem with SCHS or anything that they do but to call out BJSDOG and call him silly but you can come on here and berate the coach and reporter is kinda calling the kettle black. I dont see any resolve in this matter anytime soon because fans are going to support their teams and schools. I just say before you criticize someone read your own posts as well.

It goes farther back than football last year ! Danny Parker made a statement in the news paper during baseball last year that one mans trash is another mans treasure ! Referring to a player leaving Schs and transferimg to Cascade . THis player left because he and his parents got into with the coach like they have every year since he was 11 yrs. old ! He was in the starting rotation when he quit, so the statement Mr. Danny Parker made was uncalle d for. THe problem really lies with him is is the sports editior for the Shelbyville Times Gazette, not the "Wartrace Times" Danny Parker just keeps stirring up everything between Cascade and Shelbyville. he needes to learn how to be a little more neutral. As far as his brother th ecoach he has done a fine job with his program. He may be over the top sometime , but you should expect this from a coach. As far as Cascade being better in sports the last 5 or 10 years , I am glad Trey is not my cpa if you can't count any better than that. Ya the last 2 years they have had a real good baseball team, football as well , Schs won baseball district in 06,and several times in the last 10 years ! There basketball has been great over the last ten years and iam talking about the boys team. Football has been really down over the last 4 years, don't know how they will fix it ! They are in one of toughest regions in the state !