soccer on tv

akula21

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the game is at 10 o clock. I personally thought they could have gotten the rest of the half in if they hadn't called it off when there wasn't even thunder and the lightning was far away. But I am glad the ref was trying to keep the players safe. Does anyone know if they are starting over, or back at 21 minutes with Farragut up 1-0. But Maryville has hit the cross bar once.

I have no idea what channel it would be on. WMAK isn't doing games this season. I emailed them and asked why, but they basically just said maybe next year. I guess they didn't get many people watching it because some of their games were sub-par teams IMO. If you are going to show a high school sport that has limited interest you need to show the best of the best otherwise what is the point.

Eitherway, anyone got an update on this game? Its been 2hrs since they continued the game.

Farragut wins 3-2 in second overtime! Farragut also drew a straight red (#19) for tackle from behind. Don't know much more than that...

This was a decent game to watch. Both teams had their chances, but Farragut had the run of play. I could be mistaken (because I didn't get to see the first 20 minutes last night), but I think every single goal came off of a set piece. Both Farragut and Maryville are outstanding on their set plays.

Maryville tied the game in the second half with about 15 minutes to go. After that, Farragut out possessed Maryville for the remainder of the half and all of overtime. In fact, Maryville had a difficult time even clearing it out of their own third. I think Maryville's come from behind effort exhausted them, and ultimately, Farragut was able to keep their guys fresher with bigger bench numbers.

However, Maryville did have their chances, especially in the second half. Ridge Carter had a break away in the second half, only to get pulled down by Joseph Muth. He was rewarded a direct kick right outside of the box, which he placed perfectly in the right hand upper 90 of the net.

Overtime was very similar, Farragut outplayed Maryville, but Maryville had a golden chance when Carter broke through again. This time, (as G already alluded to), Muth literally tackled Carter from behind for an egregious, yet game saving "professional foul." The Maryville fans were screaming PK, but from where I was standing, I believe that he was just outside of the box.

Farragut ended up playing the last few minutes of the second overtime a man down, and moments after the red card, they scored off an outstanding corner. It was a great effort by both sides, and it was a shame that one team came out on top.

Side notes:

1.) Jake Holt's absence was evident. Where was he?

2.) I think that Carter deserved a PK. It is a shame that the rules do not reward a PK for a foul like that. I am not sure how I feel about what Muth did, but I guess if the rules permit that type of a foul, then he was indeed a game saver.

3.) Most importantly, my prayers go out to Josh Ridner and the rest of the Farragut team for their loss.

This was a decent game to watch. Both teams had their chances, but Farragut had the run of play. I could be mistaken (because I didn't get to see the first 20 minutes last night), but I think every single goal came off of a set piece. Both Farragut and Maryville are outstanding on their set plays.

Maryville tied the game in the second half with about 15 minutes to go. After that, Farragut out possessed Maryville for the remainder of the half and all of overtime. In fact, Maryville had a difficult time even clearing it out of their own third. I think Maryville's come from behind effort exhausted them, and ultimately, Farragut was able to keep their guys fresher with bigger bench numbers.

However, Maryville did have their chances, especially in the second half. Ridge Carter had a break away in the second half, only to get pulled down by Joseph Muth. He was rewarded a direct kick right outside of the box, which he placed perfectly in the right hand upper 90 of the net.

Overtime was very similar, Farragut outplayed Maryville, but Maryville had a golden chance when Carter broke through again. This time, (as G already alluded to), Muth literally tackled Carter from behind for an egregious, yet game saving "professional foul." The Maryville fans were screaming PK, but from where I was standing, I believe that he was just outside of the box.

Farragut ended up playing the last few minutes of the second overtime a man down, and moments after the red card, they scored off an outstanding corner. It was a great effort by both sides, and it was a shame that one team came out on top.

Side notes:

1.) Jake Holt's absence was evident. Where was he?

2.) I think that Carter deserved a PK. It is a shame that the rules do not reward a PK for a foul like that. I am not sure how I feel about what Muth did, but I guess if the rules permit that type of a foul, then he was indeed a game saver.

3.) Most importantly, my prayers go out to Josh Ridner and the rest of the Farragut team for their loss.

sounds like a great game to watch

ridge and joseph are pretty good friends... they do play on the same club team but from the way it sounds ... muth was just playing hard which is what he does

sounds like a great game to watch

ridge and joseph are pretty good friends... they do play on the same club team but from the way it sounds ... muth was just playing hard which is what he does

He did play hard all day long. And if this was a hard tackle and he was going for the ball, I say good, hard play. But there was no attempt at the ball. He grabbed Ridge by the arms and jersey and dragged him down from behind. Is that playing hard? Your call.