Bearden vs Halls

Ball

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is saying that Halls upset Bearden. I am not sure that is the case. Halls was the District Champion and Bearden was the runner up. I don't understand how Halls the champion winning over Bearden the runner up is an upset. I think Halls won because they were the better team. That Coach at Halls always seems to come up with a quality ball team. I read on here that his name is Polston. Any kin to the former Rule High Football Coach.

I think many saw it as an upset because Halls was 20-10 and Bearden was 35-5, just because they were runner-up doesn't automatically make them worse than the champion of the other district.

i think you are right on, just b/c bearden finished 2nd, doesnt mean they are a lesser team. they played in another league, which probably was better than ours, so i think that arguement of they finished 2nd and we finished 1st is invalid.

You can throw most records out of the door when a elimation games come calling. Not much that I could see between either team last night. It just comes down to who makes the plays and gets the key hits. It was Halls last night that did the majority of that and so they move on. Bearden didn't look bad like some people suggested I think Clark was on his game and pitched out of some tough jams.

I actually think Halls district was a tougher overall district this year. Karns, Oak Ridge & West were excellent teams to go along with the Red Devils & Panthers and most games played were close affairs. I think the media may have something to do with most of the hype of who is better than who because they can only go on the records of each school. High School baseball isn't followed as closely as Football in East Tennessee and they mainly rely on stats which as everyone know doesn't always give the true story. But I will agree Farragut and Bearden were a class above every one else in their District. William Blount had a great team last year and didn't seem as strong this year.

In defense of Halls record Coach P had injury issues this year and did a great job blending in some talented sophomores for next year. So Halls wasn't all about having a great record in non-District games but to develop talent which paid off in depth for the District Tournament and last night. Halls has to be taken seriously you just don't win six district championships in a row and not be decent.

Everyone that I talked to thought Halls would win last night at home. So most of the locals were confident.

You can throw most records out of the door when a elimation games come calling. Not much that I could see between either team last night. It just comes down to who makes the plays and gets the key hits. It was Halls last night that did the majority of that and so they move on. Bearden didn't look bad like some people suggested I think Clark was on his game and pitched out of some tough jams.

I actually think Halls district was in tougher overall district this year. Karns, Oak Ridge & West were excellent teams to go along with the Red Devils & Panthers and most games played were close affairs. I think the media may have something to do with most of the hype of who is better than who because they can only go on the records of each school. High School baseball isn't followed as closely as Football in East Tennessee and they mainly rely on stats which as everyone know doesn't always give the true story. But I will agree Farragut and Bearden were a class above every one else in their District. William Blount had a great team last year and didn't seem as strong this year.

In defense of Halls record Coach P had injury issues this year and did a great job blending in some talented sophomores for next year. So Halls wasn't all about having a great record in non-District games but to develop talent which paid off in depth for the District Tournament and last night. Halls has to be taken seriously you just don't win six district championships in a row and not be decent.

Everyone that I talked to thought Halls would win last night at home. So most of the locals were confident.

Clarke not Clark

I didn't see Halls winning as an upset at all. They usually have one of the best teams in the knoxville area. I was just providing a reason for others who may not know that much about either team. For someone looking in on it from the other side of the state seeing a team that is runner-up to Farragut and is 35-5 would probly be seen as better than one who is 20-10. It is hard to say which district is tougher since I havent seen anyone from Halls' district play. I personally am glad Halls won. I can only stand teams playing eachother so many times in a season. congrats to Halls and I am sure it will be a great game tomorrow.