Summer Team Camps

MIDTN

Anyone know about when the teams camps are in West TN and who is playing, I know Martin Westview has one?

Coach Gat where you guys going?

We did a playday against Ridgeway and Whitehaven Thursday and Millington beat Ridgeway in the first game 62 to 44 and 10 minutes later Millington beat Whitehaven 55 to 35. We were up 29 to 6 in the first quarter. We got a lot of work in. The team is progressing pretty good. We should be pretty competitive next year based on how we are playing right now. We still got a lot of work but we are headed in the right direction.

We are going to do Rhodes college on the 6th and 7th, Ole Miss on the 11-14th and Briarcrest on the 16th and 17th.

We only went to Martin Westview for the play day in November, we didn't get to go their team camp last summer.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know about when the teams camps are in West TN and who is playing, I know Martin Westview has one?

McNairy Central is hosting a camp this week 6/2 - 6/5 or 6/6

I'm not sure of all the teams there, but:

McNairy

Decatur Co

Scotts Hill

TCA (not sure, but their boys attended the boys camp there last week)

Coachgat, do you attend camps in Middle TN? If so, where will you be playing? Great job this past season!

It was in the plan to attend but the cost of traveling there would have been too great. Thanks a lot about the season. We are improving. I tell you that those 15 days of practices including team camps is quite tough but we are gonna have to learn a lot during games. We will be playing the back to back state champion from Mississippi on Friday. We get a lot of good competition over here in the west and out of Mississippi.

Where do you all go?

It was in the plan to attend but the cost of traveling there would have been too great. Thanks a lot about the season. We are improving. I tell you that those 15 days of practices including team camps is quite tough but we are gonna have to learn a lot during games. We will be playing the back to back state champion from Mississippi on Friday. We get a lot of good competition over here in the west and out of Mississippi.

Where do you all go?

I have no team. I am just a fan. I find that is more enjoyable that way. No stress and no let downs. I know there are some really good camps in Middle Tennessee, most notably Shelbyville. Good Luck!

I saw a limited amount of games at the TTU camp I.

I was very impressed with Pickett Co.

I liked Cookevilles new three guard offence, but they appeard as a team to be out of shape. Strong defence is still there.

Amanda R. did well at the high and low post switch up.

Upperman was ho-hum in the first match-up I saw. but were in sync in the second.

I like the new kid #3. She is quick like a jumping spider and nearly as small.

There are other new commers that will make their rotation very deep by the first of the year.

Haley Heidel has been cleared to play the last week in July.

I saw a limited amount of games at the TTU camp I.

I was very impressed with Pickett Co.

I liked Cookevilles new three guard offence, but they appeard as a team to be out of shape. Strong defence is still there.

Amanda R. did well at the high and low post switch up.

Upperman was ho-hum in the first match-up I saw. but were in sync in the second.

There are other new commers that will make their rotation very deep by the first of the year.

Jimbo, I'm not sure I've seen you post but what do you think of all of the players transferring up their on the Ridge and some down below it also. Will they ever get their teams settled down?

Might as well ask since it's now been brought up, where did these girls previously play, if not Upperman's feeder? I'm interested since they've played two straight sectionals against Sequatchie and a third isn't out of the question.

Sequatchie will play at Walker Valley June 16-17, others there include the hosts along with McMinn Central, Polk, Copper Basin, Sequoyah, Cumberland County, others.

Also in June, will play at Lee University camp, supposed to be highly competitive including out of state teams.

The schedule for Camp I was taped to a door at the main entrance of the HOOP.

Camp II is going on right now.

Camp III goes 16 thru 18 June.

Thanks. Obtained the schedule I was interested in.

If anyone has a interest in some of the Upper Cumberlandl teams activity:

Clarkrange vs Upperman Sat 9 am at CHS

Clarkrange vs Livingston Sun 1 pm at Hooper Eblen

Clarkrange beat Cookeville this evening by 2 points. Think it was 35 to 33.

Thanks. Obtained the schedule I was interested in.

If anyone has a interest in some of the Upper Cumberlandl teams activity:

Clarkrange vs Upperman Sat 9 am at CHS

Clarkrange vs Livingston Sun 1 pm at Hooper Eblen

Clarkrange beat Cookeville this evening by 2 points. Think it was 35 to 33.

While not a slam dunk, the hype concerning Clarkrange this time of the year is obviously justified. their "Summer Team Season" play has shown that they can play with any class of team. Upper Cumberland as has been the past few years, is the hot area in girls basketball. What really makes them hot is the fan base in that area. Nothing beats a rabid fanbase of support and interest for the players from all of the schools. It allows an identity state wide for the area and one well deserved and this poster salutes the upper cumberland for their tenacity and their obvious search for excellence. It would be great, since interest is high, for TT to promote their own area by finding some way to promote the results of their team camps. It is very obvious that Foxy is trying to single handedly with the infamous Jimbo, take on that task and unless they are attending most of the sessions, it is difficult. The infamous schedule taped to door of the facility is not in character for a school of higher learning and especially one who specializes in Engineering and Technology and finding ways to communicate. Maybe getting some of those aspiring engineers to task the problem and find ways to communicate the results would be an answer. The job is not being done now at at this pace will not be done and hope it is not a reflection of the graduates of that fine institution.