2008 1a picks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno, Geno, Geno buddy you lost all credibility about this time last year when you was bragging on your nephew being one of the best players on the 94 team...Some guy had the chops to bust you for it, (about him not even starting) and you still argued till you was red in the face... Quite honestly I think if the good lord came down and told you that you didnt know what you were talking about you would still argue...Chosen one I thought it was pretty funny you was defending yourself with spelling and still couldnt spell...

That being said my picks are

1. South Pittsburg (Cause Geno says so)

2. Trousdale County (Cause Geno Says so)

3. Friendship

4. Oneida

5. Silverdale (Sleeper, if there recruits live up to billing)

Not going to disagree with most your picks...but Silverdale? Last year was the supposed to be the bigger year cuz of recruits but they were shut down first round...so was our team, but our team put a whoopin on Silverdale...second half that is;). I still have a lot of respect for the program SD has...they do make noise and let their presence be known by playing hard and with heart, I'll give them that.But I don't see how they can be on that list if they lost a handful of role players. I'm not saying this cuz they are my team...but it is hard to still understand people choosing SD being ahead of Grace when Grace returns almost everyone and has some new players that will help out also. That said, that is still your opinion and I will respect that, haha, I just wanted to put in my opinion.

1.SP-they are loaded, anything less than another state championship would be a major dissapointment for them.

2.Oneida-hands down best defense in 1a in my opinion.if their offense improves they will be playing in the 4th round.

3.Friendship-they were young last season. plus they are private. that gives them the edge over the other 2 imo.

4.Trousdale-i would have them ahead of friendship had they not lost their coach. but definately a top 5 team

5.Hampton-4th round past 3 years. they will have one of the the top 3 lines in 1a along with many talented backs.

I will have to agree with the Big Blue Wrecking Crew about his 5 teams but mine are in a different order...

1. South Pitt- clear #1 as of now. but I think Trousdale is a VERY close #2...

2. Trousdale- they are loaded. lost their coach. i dont think it will matter that much. i am sure they didnt hire a scrub...

3. Oneida- best defense in 1A. but they don't really have any offense as of yet...

4. FCS- young last year but they lost their very good RB...

5. Hampton- i am not really sure at this point if they are a top 5 team but definately a top 10 team. awesome offensive and defensive lines, very good RB's. lost the QB, lost all the DB's, lost all the LB's, lost all the WR's. they will still be able to score on people, but their big questions will be on defense and if they can find anybody who can throw the ball and anybody out wide to catch it...

Geno, Geno, Geno buddy you lost all credibility about this time last year when you was bragging on your nephew being one of the best players on the 94 team...Some guy had the chops to bust you for it, (about him not even starting) and you still argued till you was red in the face... Quite honestly I think if the good lord came down and told you that you didnt know what you were talking about you would still argue...Chosen one I thought it was pretty funny you was defending yourself with spelling and still couldnt spell...

That being said my picks are

1. South Pittsburg (Cause Geno says so)

2. Trousdale County (Cause Geno Says so)

3. Friendship

4. Oneida

5. Silverdale (Sleeper, if there recruits live up to billing)

Actually it was my cousin and actually i said he was the fastest on the team and he was.. i challenge u to watch the 1994 championship game and then tell me he helped win that game.. he was on punt and kick off returns he held Jerimiah flowers to minus yards on punts and kick offs just look at the film.. and as far as the best defense i wouldnt throw spitt out of that category also.. they are going to have one heck of a defense.. better than last years in my opinion.. Trousdale 2nd Gordonsville 3rd oneida 4th then FCS

Actually I would prob. have to put Hampton 5th..I dont think it really matters.. I see no competition though, outside of SP and Trousdale.. Geno I have seen the film of 94.. I watched many games and Im pretty sure your fast cousin was no where close to as fast as Perry.. Im not even going to get you started about that though.. I was just stating the fact that you can never stay on the topic of any kind..

Actually I would prob. have to put Hampton 5th..I dont think it really matters.. I see no competition though, outside of SP and Trousdale.. Geno I have seen the film of 94.. I watched many games and Im pretty sure your fast cousin was no where close to as fast as Perry.. Im not even going to get you started about that though.. I was just stating the fact that you can never stay on the topic of any kind..

sorry freind... ive even asked Perry, Jeremy Scott was the fastest on that team... ask them your self...Im pretty sure he owns he fastest 100 yard dash in South Pittsburg or used too ..... I can stay on topic as well as anyone.....

I will have to agree with the Big Blue Wrecking Crew about his 5 teams but mine are in a different order...

1. South Pitt- clear #1 as of now. but I think Trousdale is a VERY close #2...

2. Trousdale- they are loaded. lost their coach. i dont think it will matter that much. i am sure they didnt hire a scrub...

3. Oneida- best defense in 1A. but they don't really have any offense as of yet...

4. FCS- young last year but they lost their very good RB...

5. Hampton- i am not really sure at this point if they are a top 5 team but definately a top 10 team. awesome offensive and defensive lines, very good RB's. lost the QB, lost all the DB's, lost all the LB's, lost all the WR's. they will still be able to score on people, but their big questions will be on defense and if they can find anybody who can throw the ball and anybody out wide to catch it...

Old Pirate says FC star RB appeared to be looking for the sideline in the SP game. Not that OP could blame him, OP thought he saw his jock up close to his chin strap. Hey, OP could have been wrong.