David Jones, SP's RB turning Heads

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against Tyner he had 109yrds on 8 carries.60 yrd. run that got the Pirates going in the 3rd quarter,where he broke maybe 4 tackles.He also had 21 tackles and a forced fumble that caused the games first score.He actually caused the game saving fumble.Though credit was given to another player.Monster game to answer your question.Thanks for all of the support.David has has worked for all that he is getting.Been blessed in many areas as well.His recruitment is going in many directions.We just want him to make the best choice for himself and be happy.Commander ty for those kind comments.South Pittsburg will be on the map this yr.recruiting wise and for some yrs afterwards.A bunch of players who really care about winning more than who does what.

Our line play has been a ? mark.But from all indications we have more depth up front at anytime since 1997 club.And that is saying a mouthful! We have such good coaching imo the line will ultimately be close to our skill positions by mid season.Montrell Mitchell and Katrez Bibbs have a chance to get some college choices as well as Keaton Jones and Tyrone Robinson if they will take the offers that may come their way.The young talent is unproven but very talented.

Our line play has been a ? mark.But from all indications we have more depth up front at anytime since 1997 club.And that is saying a mouthful! We have such good coaching imo the line will ultimately be close to our skill positions by mid season.Montrell Mitchell and Katrez Bibbs have a chance to get some college choices as well as Keaton Jones and Tyrone Robinson if they will take the offers that may come their way.The young talent is unproven but very talented.

I think that Tyrone is going to be the player that surprises some people this year. Everyone knows the talent that most of the players have but I think that he is going to be one that steps up this season and shows what he can do.

I think that Tyrone is going to be the player that surprises some people this year. Everyone knows the talent that most of the players have but I think that he is going to be one that steps up this season and shows what he can do.

I can agree with this. I coached Tyrone when he was younger, and he has a lot of heart. He is just like any other young kid, just needs a little encouragement from the outside, and he will shine. Good luck to all the Pirates this year.

I think Ty will have a break out year. I also coached him when he was younger and he is very talented and a great kid. I expect him to step up and be a team leader this season

I think Ty will have a break out year. I also coach him when he was younger and he is very talented and a great kid. I expect him to step up and be a team leader this season

Old Pirate says Ty should have a break out year also. He appears to have the athletic ability. OP thinks perhaps he was a little slow maturing. He has always looked younger than some of his team mates.

Zone, OP saw Malcolm on the street a couple of weeks ago. Someone needs to feed him better and work his tail off in the weight room.

I just read Davids headline on CoachT and read on the Unapproved Website he is ranked the 23rd top prospect in the state. Wow just in the past few days that I have been on here he has really blown up media wise. He's everywhere like when he's on the field.

Yes thanks for your support again Commander63.David is rated anywhere from 10 to the lowest at Rivals,23,15Tennfb.com.But consistently no lower than 15.His stock is rising as we speak.Here in the 1-A football world we have to work a bit harder to get our just deserts!This season should put him where he deserves if all works out the way that it should.Malcom is having a great camp!Shane Boles is coming on as well.Great group of young men with character being their biggest asset.

Yes thanks for your support again Commander63.David is rated anywhere from 10 to the lowest at Rivals,23,15Tennfb.com.But consistently no lower than 15.His stock is rising as we speak.Here in the 1-A football world we have to work a bit harder to get our just deserts!This season should put him where he deserves if all works out the way that it should.Malcom is having a great camp!Shane Boles is coming on as well.Great group of young men with character being their biggest asset.

These are some unsung heroes on this team as well who deserve full recognition,Keaton Jones,Chase Robinson,Josh Dawson,Will Maynor,Matt Wayne,Bubba Ramsey.These are true Pirates with heart and have been through the wars.Josh and Chase both coming off knee injuries.All these Pirates have battled through injury.All are seniors with great class and character.Great families backing them.They are why South Pittsburg is where it's at!

And that is what it takes for success to happen.

That's good to hear ... er, read /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Oh yeah I almost forgot about Trevor Barnes.Mean DT Should have been all-state last year.Lookout for his senior season,should be a monster.........He ain't unsung!

Oh yeah I almost forgot about Trevor Barnes.Mean DT Should have been all-state last year.Lookout for his senior season,should be a monster.........He ain't unsung!

Ya know what Boss isnt it funny how many moons ago I posted in this room how good these boys are and are going to be and i got hammered for it.. same as last year.. so i said then id make this remark when everyone was jumping on the Band wagon... ya bunch of bandwagon jumper's....... why does it always have to be in the papers for you to know the talent we have ?? i said it in december and febuary that we was going to be better than last year and i got creamed by fans .. well its nearly August and what do i see "we may be better than last years team.. well no duhhhh.... you heard it here first... aint that right BOSSBORO lol laters guys... ohh ill make another prediction south pittsburg will be in the chattanooga areas top 3 when it first comes out....right behing Mccalie u know they are gonna get number 1, Daddy Turner is gonna make sure of that.. lol i saw one post on here that i may believe to be the best.. it said south pittsburg maybe the best team in teh chattanooga area regardless of class.... AMEN.... and the more press south pittsburg gets the more there umm the less lackluster fans will come out of the closet...