division 2 baseball

volsfan66

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheap shot....even coming from someone from brothers...gene etter and his guys are a class act

yeah, them not letting other teams use some kind of cage to warm up in before the game is pretty crappy. i remember we had to hit tennis balls on their football field a few years back. oh well. we beat them twice, so i guess it doesnt matter that much."sick beats?"....i hope youre not serious. but it wouldnt surprise me coming from baylor.

cheap shot....even coming from someone from brothers...gene etter and his guys are a class act

Gene may be a class act, but from my past 6 years experience with them, the players and parents have been everything but a class act. Without going in to great detail, Coach Etter has had zero control over his players in every game I have witnessed them play. No one is perfect but the complete lack of class has always astonished me. The only player I will say that didn't act like a bafoon was Tyler Massey, coincidence that he came from MUS, probably not.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Baylor and Coach Etter are a tremendous group and program. To say he has zero control shows your ignorance on this topic. I hope someone shows this to them....great bulletin board material. Not that they will need it. You sir are the one that is totally classless.

Gene may be a class act, but from my past 6 years experience with them, the players and parents have been everything but a class act. Without going in to great detail, Coach Etter has had zero control over his players in every game I have witnessed them play. No one is perfect but the complete lack of class has always astonished me. The only player I will say that didn't act like a bafoon was Tyler Massey, coincidence that he came from MUS, probably not.

i think you are just trying to get something started. i am in middle tn but have been around coach etter and his team many times. he is one of the most respected coaches in all of tn. to say this is just embarrassing yourself. etter and baylor are one of the classiest acts around. you would be well to try it yourself. now let's get on with baseball talk.

i think you are just trying to get something started. i am in middle tn but have been around coach etter and his team many times. he is one of the most respected coaches in all of tn. to say this is just embarrassing yourself. etter and baylor are one of the classiest acts around. you would be well to try it yourself. now let's get on with baseball talk.

No reason to start anything, and just stating facts of mainly last years encounter with Baylor. It doesn't embarass me at all to make reference to individuals who make their school as a whole look bad. I'd rather move on with the baseball talk also, so I'll only go into more detail if asked to. I only wish I could make it up there this year so people who are there take a lap top and find some wifi.

I think you should just leave it at baseball. Anyone can come on here and try to start trash about other people and teams. Why? Talk about class...I think this is the kind of thing that Coach T shuts down posters for. Just leave it to baseball. Hope no one else on here responds to this stuff.

No reason to start anything, and just stating facts of mainly last years encounter with Baylor. It doesn't embarass me at all to make reference to individuals who make their school as a whole look bad. I'd rather move on with the baseball talk also, so I'll only go into more detail if asked to. I only wish I could make it up there this year so people who are there take a lap top and find some wifi.

I think you should just leave it at baseball. Anyone can come on here and try to start trash about other people and teams. Why? Talk about class...I think this is the kind of thing that Coach T shuts down posters for. Just leave it to baseball. Hope no one else on here responds to this stuff.

I apologize. I could've sworn in the post you quoted me on I agreed we should leave it to baseball. Someone said something about how classy Baylor was, and I disagreed. I'm sorry I don't share the same opinion of Baylor and some others on this board do but I have expressed mine, they have expressed theirs and we had all said we should get back to baseball and then you revisit the topic. Lets try to keep it to baseball.

When you allow your team to lineup on the 3rd baseline and give low 5's to a player that just hit a dinger it is "BUSH LEAGUE" as is allowing your team to beat their bats on the dugout wall. Gene & Baylor are better than this and he along with the parents should take control of the team. This is more than kids being kids and Baylor is not the only team that practices these antics. In a high end summer league game (East Cobb, Supper-League) kids would take one to the old ear hole and Gene would probably be offered the opportunity to settle things in the parking lot.

What is everyone's predictions on the first round match-ups?

CBHS vs. BGA

Baylor vs. Brentwood

I wish I could be up there to see the games. I've read a lot about Navery (hope I got that spelled right) on here and I'd love to see him pitch. Despite knowing he is very good, I'll go with CBHS ( I have to pick them, its not in my blood not to ) in a 5-3 or 6-4 type ballgame. I'd put money on Baylor over Brentwood, but I would have taken the same bet last year and lost that bet so only time will tell.