Thompson already in trouble at Ridgeway

Macnarry

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know why are so many people surprised. If you have a system wide policy of promoting inadequacy example board personnel, principals, students, or even coaches, the old saying holds true you get what you pay for. Everyone knew what kind of person Tim Thompson was and is, so why would anyone be surprised that he finds himself and Memphis city schools in this all to familiar position once again. It's a shame that Coach Cooley's, who represented all that is good in his profession, ultimately turned over his program to a carpetbagger and a crook.

I want to know why are so many people surprised. If you have a system wide policy of promoting inadequacy example board personnel, principals, students, or even coaches, the old saying holds true you get what you pay for. Everyone knew what kind of person Tim Thompson was and is, so why would anyone be surprised that he finds himself and Memphis city schools in this all to familiar position once again. It's a shame that Coach Cooley's, who represented all that is good in his profession, ultimately turned over his program to a carpetbagger and a crook.

As of today, there has been no word on Thompson's fate. The only one who has had enough is Dan Ward, the acting Supertindent who announced he's resigning effecticve June 10.

As of today, there has been no word on Thompson's fate. The only one who has had enough is Dan Ward, the acting Supertindent who announced he's resigning effecticve June 10.

Is King Willie still in line to take over?

If he is, not a thing will be done to Thomspon.

Anyone who can bully the University of Kentucky into overpaying him 3 times for the same camp ( $1400 cash) on 2 occasions before the Recruiting Coordinator got so frustrated with him that he sent him a traceable money order on the 3rd attempt, bringing that program into probation, & being dumb enough ( or greedy enough ) to sign it qualifies as both arrogant and stupid. I'll bet the P-diddy didn't list Hal Mumme on his resume this time!

Really think it is a combination of both ignorance and arrogance.

You mean he's to arrogant to know he's ignorant. Think about this. Here is a guy who has coaching talent. Taking over a large school with an excellent feeder program. A guy kids in the area will want to play for because of his offensive style. He had it all right there in his hands to build a program that would have the best talent in Memphis and most years the state and he can't control his own ethical behavior by doing something that he doesn't have to do. The kids would have come to him. Transferring in Memphis between schools is as easy as trading apartments. Based on what he did at Melrose and what was possible at Ridgeway he could have surpassed his accomplishments at Melrose. He just could help himself. Remember the story about the scorpion and the frog crossing the river. As the scorpion said as he was drowning that's what I do it's my nature. I don't know about Tim Thompson's nature but that's what he does and now it's time for him to go away.

Mr. Long (pricipal) and O. Wayne Weedon had a rather lengthy meeting yesterday to decide where to go with the future of the program. The Tim Thompson era is over at Ridgeway. based on the last few decisions to come out of those meetings here is the probable outcome.

Head Coach candidates- Lyn Lang or Mike Price

Recruiting Coordinator- mid 80's SMU staff

Director of Entertainment for recruits- University of Colorado staff

Financial director of football Claude Bassett( for UK director of fb operations.)

director of gambling- Rick Nuheisel

public relations accuracy- George O'Leary

Director of sensitivity training- Bobby Knight

Rules Compliance officer- Kelvin Sampson

Director of Conduct- Adam 'PacMan" Jones

Asst. Director- Terrell Owens

Handgun Safety- Marvin Harrison

Player Morale- Chad Johnson

Video Director- Matt Walsch

Director of Officiating-Kevin Donahee

Mr. Long (pricipal) and O. Wayne Weedon had a rather lengthy meeting yesterday to decide where to go with the future of the program. The Tim Thompson era is over at Ridgeway. based on the last few decisions to come out of those meetings here is the probable outcome.

Head Coach candidates- Lyn Lang or Mike Price

Recruiting Coordinator- mid 80's SMU staff

Director of Entertainment for recruits- University of Colorado staff

Financial director of football Claude Bassett( for UK director of fb operations.)

director of gambling- Rick Nuheisel

public relations accuracy- George O'Leary

Director of sensitivity training- Bobby Knight

Rules Compliance officer- Kelvin Sampson

Director of Conduct- Adam 'PacMan" Jones

Asst. Director- Terrell Owens

Handgun Safety- Marvin Harrison

Player Morale- Chad Johnson

Video Director- Matt Walsch

Director of Officiating-Kevin Donahee

Too Funny!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I thought we had a few shady charecters in Knox Co. I feel blessed now..

sYou guys have no idea of the corruption that used to run rampant in the Memphis City athletics. I took some athletes to a Bowden QB camp in the mid-90's, Bobby Bowden told me personally that he would probably never recruit Memphis again due to the corruption. Lyn Lang, who was the coach at Memphis Treasvant and part of the Alabama probation over Albert Means, was charging college coaches $100 just to watch game film in the coaches office, $200 if the coach wanted to take a copy with him, & $5000 dollars for a visit. The story about the vehicle he bought with the money he got from Logan Young is true, I saw him showing off the truck, ( Navigotar/Expidition class) to all of his buddies at City football coaches meeting. He and Thompson were both so arrogant at the meeting they talked to their buddies louder than the person running the meeting. A scandal that never made the news was the $28,000 he got from the University of Kentucky boosters for the services of F/S Burress. Most of the tricks that he learned he learned from Thompson. If Lang got that kind of money for Means and Burress, what do you think Thompson got for Dwayne Robertson who was the 4th overall pick in the draft and Kendall Morehead who played @ Alabama? All I can tell you is, the loaded Range Rover & Lexus that I saw Thompson driving during that time period cost a heck of a lot more than Ford product, I will let all of you draw your own conclusions. It makes you wonder why Memphis City Schools has so many problems that are obvious to the public but they can't fix or recognize them, they can't even grow decent grass on the football fields or put the goalposts in straight, & never expect a line to be painted correctly.