Must See Teams and Players in Murfreesboro

Hillbilly87

Tennessee does have some great players. I am most impressed with those players and teams winning and putting up numbers on the AAA level. Could the schools at the AA level win it all at the AAA level? How about the A level, could these teams clean up consistantly at AAA? Could they even make it to state? I know the better teams play and may win a game here and there against a AAA team but across the board and in post season play it isnt the same. Mt Juliet didnt even make state in AAA, niether did Ravenwood or other really good AAA teams. I think I should say kuddos to those teams, players and pitchers who even make AAA state because that is a TOUGH road!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the match-ups over the course of the season. The best teams in all classes play each other. You can answer your own questions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams and brackets are almost all set. 32 teams from across the state make their way to Murfreesboro for the State Tournament.

This is a great time to see teams and players that you do not regularly get to see. I would like to catch some of the outstanding teams and players from outside of my area while there.

From your team or area, who should we all make sure to try and watch during the week? Who are the key players? the speedsters? the homers waiting to happen? the pitchers & catchers? the outstanding defenders?

I'm not asking for predictions or scouting reports, just some good ol' fashion bragging about your girls. Talk your teams up, come on let's hear it!!!

GO BRUISERS

Pitchers ............Hailey Rutledge of Friendship. Devon Schmidt of Good Pasture. Devon will have too buy a shadow box for all her state championship rings. Maybe Hailey can add one for FCS as well this year. Since both of them played together as the two starting pitchers for the TN Diamonds it would be neat to have them both win a state title in the same year. Single A and Double A........... Infielders...........Camille Cross - FCS and Kelsey Cartwirght - GoodPasture.

Also AAA Brooke Overbey of Beach and Shelby Morris and Carolyn Mason of MJ. Assuming both those teams made it to state.

Pitchers ............Hailey Rutledge of Friendship. Devon Schmidt of Good Pasture. Devon will have too buy a shadow box for all her state championship rings. Maybe Hailey can add one for FCS as well this year. Since both of them played together as the two starting pitchers for the TN Diamonds it would be neat to have them both win a state title in the same year. Single A and Double A........... Infielders...........Camille Cross - FCS and Kelsey Cartwirght - GoodPasture.

Also AAA Brooke Overbey of Beach and Shelby Morris and Carolyn Mason of MJ. Assuming both those teams made it to state.

Mount Juliet was eliminated by Brentwood...and it's Beech. It is too bad MJ didn't make it again this year. They are as good as anyone...great program.

Look at the match-ups over the course of the season. The best teams in all classes play each other. You can answer your own questions.

They play each other a little. But the majority the of the season they play a lot weaker teams and to get to state for many of them is easier:

Trinity, defending A champs: Got pounded by Riverdale, lost to Beech, and Creekwood , and almost lost to Siegel and Blackman, again Siegel, Blackman and Riverdale arent at State in AAA. To get to A State they only had to defeat teams like :

Jacksonville Christian -record: 4-10

Adamsville-record : 10-15

South Fulton-record: 2-6

Decatur county-record 1-8

Fayettee Acadamy- record 0-4

They are defeating all teams with losing records to get to state.

Only 13 of the 39 games they played against in-state teams had winning records in any level this season.

Goodpasture, defending AA champs:

Losses to Riverdale, Mt. Juliet ( twice) Siegel ( 22-17), and Ooltewah. Three of these AAA teams didnt make state. The good AAA they beat were Brentwood ( twice), and Mt. Juliet once, and Wilson central ( 13-8). They also played and won against Hendersonville ( 22-16), and Lavergne ( 1-14)and Oakland ( 20-10).

24 games were against AA or A teams , 14 were against AAA, which resulted in 5 or 6 of their losses.

To get to state they had to defeat:

White house( 15-24)

Greenbriar ( 20-17)

Smith County ( 12-18)

Dekalb county ( 36-9)

Chattanooga Christian ( 10-11)

I dont know but it seems a lot easier to get to state in A or AA than AAA and it is a lot easier to put up high stats!

Tennessee does have some great players. I am most impressed with those players and teams winning and putting up numbers on the AAA level. Could the schools at the AA level win it all at the AAA level? How about the A level, could these teams clean up consistantly at AAA? Could they even make it to state? I know the better teams play and may win a game here and there against a AAA team but across the board and in post season play it isnt the same. Mt Juliet didnt even make state in AAA, niether did Ravenwood or other really good AAA teams. I think I should say kuddos to those teams, players and pitchers who even make AAA state because that is a TOUGH road!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they will add a X6 muliplier and they will have a chance to play against the big boys one day. I know we avoid those AAA teams all year cause we just cant compete with them. In fact I think they the AAA championship should be played a week later so they do not have to be around all these other schools.

Tournament results don't always tell the whole story about a team, when they might be using a #2 or #3 pitcher in pool play, might have players taking the ACT, might shift the lineup and roster, etc. The bottom line in such games is who won and who lost but I'd give postseason results and games against district opponents more credibility.

Teams don't necessarily put all their games on here, so no not every team that Trinity beat had losing records. I think that's ridiculous to assume that all AAA teams are better. Some of the established programs out there like Soddy, Beech, etc. are good but so are the Goodpasture's and Trinity's. Also, these teams don't have any control who they have to play to get to state; it's called alignments. Some teams have a harder time getting there than others because of that.

LOL softballscout at your comment.

One other comment, if two teams play in a tournament and it's the regular line-ups against each other, that can determine the stronger team at least at the time the game was played. Most won't know about it unless they see the game in person and are familar with the teams involved and their players, you can't just look at the scoreboard from some tournament, see Beech 5, Riverdale 4 (just an example) and say Beech is better.

If you make it around to see a Cherokee game, you will find a roster full of terrific student athletes who are thrilled to be representing their school and community in the state tournament for the first time in 30 years of school history.

Go Lady Chiefs, you have already made us extremely proud. Now see how much noise you can make in Murfreesboro!