Mt. Juliet

Oakland

Science Hill

Lower Bracket

Arlington

Ravenwood

Lincoln Co.

Farragut

The upper bracket games will be played at Oakland and the lower will be played at Siegel. I know Oakland has a very nice field but how is Siegel's field?

Is that really fair for Oakland to have a home field advantage? I have to wonder if the tournament officials have thought this out.

Is that really fair for Oakland to have a home field advantage? I have to wonder if the tournament officials have thought this out.

I asked that question in the pairings thread...it is a definte advantage if you ask me but that is just me..i wonder if they did it so that oakland people can be there and still run their tournament however when we played in it we still had to run our feild while we was playing so i dont know

I asked that question in the pairings thread...it is a definte advantage if you ask me but that is just me..i wonder if they did it so that oakland people can be there and still run their tournament however when we played in it we still had to run our feild while we was playing so i dont know

Wonder why the Upper bracket can't play at Siegel and the lower at Oakland. I understand that parents want to see their kids play ball while hosting the tournament but it's really not fair for the others teams that have worked hard to get to State. Maybe Oakland could have the JV parents run the tournament and the varsity parents could watch the games at siegel. Only makes sense to me. Im sure the first team that loses to Oakland at their home field will really make a stink about this! I think it's just asking for trouble.

Wonder why the Upper bracket can't play at Siegel and the lower at Oakland. I understand that parents want to see their kids play ball while hosting the tournament but it's really not fair for the others teams that have worked hard to get to State. Maybe Oakland could have the JV parents run the tournament and the varsity parents could watch the games at siegel. Only makes sense to me. Im sure the first team that loses to Oakland at their home field will really make a stink about this! I think it's just asking for trouble.

when we did it a few years ago we had one of the middle schools do it for us while we was at MTSU playing

Not that it will do any good but I have complained to the TSSAA Reading on Coach T I see that the same thing is happening with D11 /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

It is just too easy of a problem to fix. No one deserves the right to play at home in the entire state tournament. It is enough advantage (every part of the state has had it, I know) that they can sleep in their own beds and don't have to travel but to let them play on their home field for the entire state tournament just isn't right. Every program I know of has the JV do the grunt work so the varsity parents can enjoy watching their sons play. That means at one point about 85% of those varisty parents have put in their time doing the grunt work. That way it is fair to everyone.

Siegel's field is nice but is somewhat small for hosting the AAA teams compared to Oakland and MTSU.

Siegels field has really improved, nice place

Talking about unfair to visiting teams, Oakland should not be allowed to play at home. How can this be corrected ?

Siegels field has really improved, nice place

Talking about unfair to visiting teams, Oakland should not be allowed to play at home. How can this be corrected ?

COMPLAIN TO TSSAA I DID !!!! http://www.tssaa.org/IntForms/feedbackform.cfm

Please note: Due to the volume of email we receive from the users of the TSSAA Website, you may or may not receive a personal reply. However, your comments are important and will be read by a person. If your matter is urgent, you may call the TSSAA at 615-889-6740. You can also snail-mail the TSSAA at PO Box 319 Lebanon Road, Hermitage, Tennessee 37076.