AAA State Tournament

UnivOfUntouchable

They might do just that, but hopefully they will have to throw some pitchers to get to the winners game. Do you understand that. dont act like you are unbeatable because obviously with 3 losses , youre not...........

No one has even 1/2 the pitching Farragut does. They have the deepest bullpen in the state, hands down.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has even 1/2 the pitching Farragut does. They have the deepest bullpen in the state, hands down.

Best coach, best pitching........hands down.........Why are we even playing this? You are probably scaring everyone, so I wish you would be careful. You probably didnt understand any of the first replies about the brackets and Oakland getting to play at home. You might see it different if you were in the other bracket. I am not arguing about how good you are, just about how things have been laid out

I have seen all these teams play with the exception of Arlington and Lincoln Co. While Farragut is a fine team, there is no doubt that the upper bracket is absolutely loaded compared to the lower bracket. I will also tell you that having seen both Science Hill and Bartlett play several times this year, both of those teams are capable of winning the title in my opinion. I will also tell you that the kid for SH that threw against Farragut during the season is quite capable of beating them in spite of having an off game that night. I saw Anderson throw a couple of times this season and he is one of the top pitchers I saw during this season. Don't be fooled by that game. I am pretty certain that the Farragut coaches won't be quite as over-confident as some of their fans seem to be. While a fine team, the best thing going for Farragut is the lack of competition they seem to have leading up to the championship game. I agree they probably won't be tested until the championship game, but I can assure you they will be tested when they get to that game especially if SH still has McKinney or Anderson to throw or Bartlett has the Hatfield kid.

yeah right! I'm sure that BARTLETT is worried about Oakland! But... If the tables were turned and Bartlett was getting the home field advantage you would be upset too. Don't even lie and say you wouldn't. Everyone knows that if it were Bartlett playing on their home field it would be very unfair to the rest of the teams. Im done responding to you. You are very arrogant and I really don't care to get into a who's right and who's wrong kind of thing with you. We disagree on this subject and thats that! Good luck to your team.

Honestly, outside of the gas, I love myself a good road trip, so where the game is at has no bearing for me, I will support Oakland regardless. We won both of our state championships playing 2 hours away from Oakland, so its a moot point for me, but I am not gonna stand by and just watch folks tear into Oakland just because Oakland lucked into some good fortune. You guys Oakland cowards and everything else in the like, I am not just going to stand by and just watch. Ask your Bartlett buddies how "arrogant"' I am, im pretty sure they will say something a little different. All thru the postseason I have downplayed any chance Oakland has at winning state. At best on paper, Oakland is the 4th best team there, do they have a chance? Of course, but a arrogant man would be screaming like a fool proclaiming that Oakland will win state. I have tons of respect for Farragut and Bartlett, both have prolly the best coaches in the state along with the best programs, if Oakland cant win it, I certainly wouldnt have any qualms about Farragut or Bartlett winning. You would have done just the same thing if everybody in retrospect turned on a all-out attack on your program, as would any loyal fan to their program so ill leave it at that and wish all the AAA teams good luck this season.

SO your goin to penalize Oakland for having maybe the best facilites, minus MTSU, just to appease a few people who will always moan and groan no matter the circumstances. Life isnt fair, and it never will be. Does Oakland get an advantage? Yeah, but you could say that if you sent them to Riverdale, Blackman, Siegel or any other field in the area.

Its not like Oakland paid off the TSSAA or conspired to have it tipped to their advantage. As the saying goes, dont hate the player, hate the game. You folks act like its a given Oakland will survive and advance, when its a crap shoot as to who will win this thing, Oakland may very well get swept out of the tournament. This is just a case of someone looking for something to moan about, or to take a shot at Oakland with the oppurtunity presenting itself.

you obviosly did not read the last sentence in my post...it is a clear advantage and it is funny to me some of you are on here saying that it is not at least you have changed your opinion to where you agree that it is an advantage no one says they paid of TSSAA no one is making it a conspiracy they are just saying they should have put them at siegel and it would not been that hard to do thats it

you obviosly did not read the last sentence in my post...it is a clear advantage and it is funny to me some of you are on here saying that it is not at least you have changed your opinion to where you agree that it is an advantage no one says they paid of TSSAA no one is making it a conspiracy they are just saying they should have put them at siegel and it would not been that hard to do thats it

Thank you Riverdaleman - You are exactly right!

wow three losses thats a lot.... o wait its not... losing only three games in a season when you have played over forty is outstanding. Farragut has the depth and raw talent to go all the way no matter who they play. They are by far the best coached team in the state and are ready to bring home their fouth title in six years.

Didn't Oakland only lose 1 game before being knocked out in an upset last year? I hope your words don't come back to bite you, confidence is one thing, this is just arrogant.

Since when have I not acknowledged that its an advantage, its just not as big of one as all of you guys are making it to be a bigger issue than it is. Oakland spent a substansial amount to help get this tournament here, so there are just merely getting a return on their investment. It's a shame everybody wants to turn their attention on everything but the teams that are playing on the field.

The brackets in all divisions are definitely interesting this year. In AAA, the upper bracket is loaded compared to the lower. Should be Farragut from the lower and I think Bartlett from the upper. Just hope Bartlett is able to use Hatfield if/when they play in the championship. Could be some crow on the table for Farragut. Good luck Bartlett from USJ

Didn't Oakland only lose 1 game before being knocked out in an upset last year? I hope your words don't come back to bite you, confidence is one thing, this is just arrogant.

That is true, and I wasn't trying to be arrogant. I feel that Farragut would be able to make it out of either bracket because of their talent and coaching. The lower bracket looks easier at this point but baseball can be a crazy game. Their depth is the reason I feel that they can win it all. In a double elimination tournament depth is one of the most important aspects and Farragut has the depth in their pitching staff to overcome any adversity they face in the tournament. I just felt that it was ridiculous that someone could make the point that Farragut is bound to lose because they have lost three games this season. If he had pointed out a weakness in the team or a real reason why they should be beat then that would have been fine. Any team that loses only three games in a season is an extremely good team and I would stand up for any team that is able to do that.

I don't know much about Lincoln Co. or Arlington, can anyone fill me in on how they have done this season and how you feel they match up against the other teams in the bracket?

The brackets in all divisions are definitely interesting this year. In AAA, the upper bracket is loaded compared to the lower. Should be Farragut from the lower and I think Bartlett from the upper. Just hope Bartlett is able to use Hatfield if/when they play in the championship. Could be some crow on the table for Farragut. Good luck Bartlett from USJ

Thanks USJ for the Good Luck Wishes, I doubt the Bartlett Players are reading the board these days but.. I will ask Jon-Michael to pass it on to them. We also wish yall the best of Luck in AA Yall all be Safe traveling and bring us back a AA State Title. Play hard and Have fun!

That is true, and I wasn't trying to be arrogant. I feel that Farragut would be able to make it out of either bracket because of their talent and coaching. The lower bracket looks easier at this point but baseball can be a crazy game. Their depth is the reason I feel that they can win it all. In a double elimination tournament depth is one of the most important aspects and Farragut has the depth in their pitching staff to overcome any adversity they face in the tournament. I just felt that it was ridiculous that someone could make the point that Farragut is bound to lose because they have lost three games this season. If he had pointed out a weakness in the team or a real reason why they should be beat then that would have been fine. Any team that loses only three games in a season is an extremely good team and I would stand up for any team that is able to do that.

I don't know much about Lincoln Co. or Arlington, can anyone fill me in on how they have done this season and how you feel they match up against the other teams in the bracket?

I didnt say Farragut was bound to lose..........I said they are not unbeatable, since they lost 3 times.....You should try to comprehend what you read!