Division I Championship

oknative

Thoughts.

Thoughts.

Can't believe after all the chatter about Catholic and CAK that no one would have started this yet. Having watched both of them play on Wednesday evening, I don't see how anybody's going to beat the Irish. They seem to be hitting on all cylinders right now.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think that this will be the most interesting game of the year with CAK having full strength up front (not knowing how doug liedle is doing i would say the back as well) Catholic is peaking at the best time possible and has the best team they have ever had. CAK is going to have to play there best game of this season to catch Catholic off guard. And is that enough to catch Catholic off guard it just may be but only time could tell

i do know one thing that CAK will need to press the ball and keep shooting on frame like they have been because that is what they have had going for the the past couple victories

well i think that this will be the most interesting game of the year with CAK having full strength up front (not knowing how doug liedle is doing i would say the back as well) Catholic is peaking at the best time possible and has the best team they have ever had. CAK is going to have to play there best game of this season to catch Catholic off guard. And is that enough to catch Catholic off guard it just may be but only time could tell

i do know one thing that CAK will need to press the ball and keep shooting on frame like they have been because that is what they have had going for the the past couple victories

Quick... someone call TSSAA right now. Let us take all the finalists from each classification, seed them, and have a real state champ!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Ah, yes....here it is.

Man, the Irish are making me look really good in this tournament. I guess that is because they have a flair for making everybody else look really bad. Then, of course G is back! He might be a good ship captain someday, seems like he has been plugging leaks all the way to the Finals.

(CAK) Tarr and (KC) Payne are putting on a nice little show, aren't they? The Asian Assassin was in the right spots yesterday. I would guess most observers would say he was lucky, but he understands the game so well that those chances he got were more of a result of his knowledge of the game. Payne is the proto-typical finisher. He rarely misses on touches he directs toward the net, and the Irish mids kept giving him excellent feeds. (his running mate, Martinez, did too and he is scary too!) Both of these kids will affect the outcome of the Finals.

So who wins this year? I know BigG is a big game motivator and he has accomplished several magic tricks up to this point in his career.....! Leader knows he has a "stacked" line-up, one that can compete with anyone and his intensity with the team is evident when they tend to relax. Leader will be intense, but it won't be because his boys aren't playing hard. (Duh, it is the finals) G has to be close to filling his quota by now, even with Brandon Tarr in his line-up! I'll ride the Irish, cause they have been absolutely stellar this year. Finals Score:

KC - 4

CAK - 2

Have fun, G......5 for 6 will still make you a celebrity in these parts!

KC if you make me accurate one more time....Congrads!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hoya, we got our wish. Now you need to finish your end of the bargain! Should be a great match. My boys have some dignity to regain after losing 6 straight to the Irish. Catholic is ROCKING right now, so we need to be ready.

As far as the "asterick" goes on the championship, I looked at mine, and there wasn't one there. The one hoisted tomorrow won't have one either. Both teams have worked very hard to get where they are and as individual soccer programs, we cannot choose where we play. What we can choose to do, is to play towards excellence and try to achieve our goals. We can continue down the path of public private or which trophy means more or less, but the fact remains that the division are the way that they are. We will play where we are put, and if a change is made, I will coach the EXACT same way. Would I win in D2? Frankly it has never been about winning and losing with me. My goal is to make my boys better Christian young men. Does that always happen? No, just like you don't always win every game, even though that is your goal. We lose sight of what is truly important; we get too engrossed in the pure athleticism part of the game, and forget about the young men who are envolved. 5 years from now, no one will care which trophy was hoisted, or by which team (shoot, my current team doesn't even know any players from my first one) or by which division.

Call me cheesy, call me old fashioned, but that is where my heart is. You can try and cheapen a championship by adding an addendum or astericks to it. I can tell you, though, that whoever hoists that trophy tomorrow afternoon wont give a rip.

p.s. Kaz, it is "Asian Invasion" (it rhymes better)

G.....I know it's Asian Invasion, after all I am Kazam! I specifically put Asian Assassin because that is truely what he is.....a bonified heart crushing, team sapping, gut wrenching, non- bowlingball playing sniper. How many games do you think you've won where his foot proved to be the difference. (yes, I know it's team game, but only one guy can actually score) He may have invasioned (is that a word)( /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) us, but he is an assassin in every sense of the word. Just ask USJ! Good luck!

Kaz

For what it is worth, CoachT is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. BigG's picture is on the homepage!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Man, that's not the bottom of the barrel, that BELOW the barrel!

(it cost me my entire soccer budget to get him to do that, though!)

Thanks to Coach T and his daughter in coming and taking some great shots (minus the old man in the visor!).

Call me cheesy, call me old fashioned, but that is where my heart is. You can try and cheapen a championship by adding an addendum or astericks to it. I can tell you, though, that whoever hoists that trophy tomorrow afternoon wont give a rip.

Gman, the easy answer is a simple, "Amen".

A whole lot of our kids at Catholic have gone on to play in college, to successful careers--some are now introducing me to their wives and children---and in all these years, I've never had a single one of them tell me they were slowed down in life one bit because, for whatever reason, they didn't win a State title. And as you also well know, not a single one of your Warriors who I had on club teams---kids who did raise the trophy---ever cared near as much about the title as they did about playing with and for you and their teammates.

If you are cheesy and old fashioned, I am ancient, moldy, old fashioned cheese. At Catholic and at CAK (and in truth, at most schools), we coach and play for our teammates, not for gold balls. If gold balls were the measure of our success, we needed to quit a long time ago. It's the effort to win, not the winning, that really counts.

I expect a great match. I pray for a safe match. Regardless of which team wins, the trophy will be going to a first-class team with first-class coaches from a first-class school. Now,.... of course, I have an extremely strong preference for the outcome, as you already know. So....

I wish good luck tomorrow to my friend, BigG, and his Warriors, but....I also wish MUCH BETTER LUCK TO THE FIGHTIN' IRISH OF KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC! Make it 7 wins in a row in the ongoing "Battle for Cedar Bluff"! It is your time! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />