Region 1-5A

Kidstaxi

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past 10-15 there has been several trends when it comes to region 1, doesn't mean it always happens but 9/10 it will. Any predictions start with some basic premises, then its just process of elimination.

#1-Karns and Campbell Co finish in the last two spots

#2-DB finishes 1st in the region

#3-Everyone else fights for spots 2-5

Based on who is coming back for all the teams it looks like Sevier County will be the team left out of the top 4. So that leaves Bearden, S.Hill, and Jeff County. Bearden lost 27 seniors off last years team that went to the semi finals, they may or may not agree but its going to be rebuilding time for them. That leaves us with S.Hill and JC. Probably a toss up, and it might just come down to who wins the head to head between the two teams. Personally I`m not convinced that Gilligan is up to the task due to the fact that he seems to be alergic to both the run(other than the sweep) and punting the ball on 4th down. Could go either way, but JC will have the homefield.

So...........

#1-DB

#2-JC

#3-S.Hill

#4-Bearden

#5-Sevier County

#6-Karns

#7-Campbell Co

Not an exact science, and 2-5 could flip flop throughout the season based on a lot of things.

Good post. I believe that Bearden or Sevier County will finish ahead of Science Hill. It looked like Sevier County had an uncharacteristic season last year.

I think when you make predictions regarding Region 1 - 5A and misspell Dobyns-Bennett you tend to lose some credibility...

Roll Tribe Roll

Dobbins Bennett

Dobbyns Bennett

Dobyns-Benett

Dobyns-Bennet

Doybyns-Bennett (It's been typed on here before)

I usually just stick with DB. There's not too many ways you can misspell that. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good post. I believe that Bearden or Sevier County will finish ahead of Science Hill. It looked like Sevier County had an uncharacteristic season last year.

this is crazy 90% of everyone who has picked, is picking on how the teams finished last year, with the exectption of CC. Bearden lost 27 Sr's. period. how can you pick somone 2nd in the region wit NO ONE coming back. SH has athletes but they never use them in the right ways, they lost the trent kid and their running back. I dont understand why people pick a region on the standings from the past. i think Sevier county will beat both bearden and SH next year easy. CC beat SH last year and Played one of the best teams bearden has ever had tough. it was like 12-13 at the half. CC returns 8/11 on off. and 9/11 on def...... now how could you say the CC will finish last and bearden will finish 2nd??..... All i'm saying is sevier co. and campbell co. will raise some heads this year just watch and see, and if you make a prediction dont make it on who finished where last year... Thank you for your time... I hope all these teams kick 2-5a's butt in the playoff's

this is crazy 90% of everyone who has picked, is picking on how the teams finished last year, with the exectption of CC. Bearden lost 27 Sr's. period. how can you pick somone 2nd in the region wit NO ONE coming back. SH has athletes but they never use them in the right ways, they lost the trent kid and their running back. I dont understand why people pick a region on the standings from the past. i think Sevier county will beat both bearden and SH next year easy. CC beat SH last year and Played one of the best teams bearden has ever had tough. it was like 12-13 at the half. CC returns 8/11 on off. and 9/11 on def...... now how could you say the CC will finish last and bearden will finish 2nd??..... All i'm saying is sevier co. and campbell co. will raise some heads this year just watch and see, and if you make a prediction dont make it on who finished where last year... Thank you for your time... I hope all these teams kick 2-5a's butt in the playoff's

Mistaken identity! The only prediction I made was that I believed Bearden or Sevier County will defeat Science Hill. Bearden may or may not be a worthy contender this year, but teams have repeated or finished second even though they lost a multitude of seniors; it's called reloading. It's what Dobyns-Bennett has been doing ever since the inception of the Big East Conference and it's safe to say that DB will most likely win the conference this year. I do, however, agree that Sevier County and CC should raise some heads.

i agree DB should be a top finisher this year, i just think people think bearden is going to be good this year just because of what they had last year. i'm not saying they are going to be awful but, they will be fairly young and very inexperienced. People should give CC and Seveir some more respect then what they do. i do believe with you bearden and sevier will beat SH. I also think CC will beat them.

Mistaken identity! The only prediction I made was that I believed Bearden or Sevier County will defeat Science Hill. Bearden may or may not be a worthy contender this year, but teams have repeated or finished second even though they lost a multitude of seniors; it's called reloading. It's what Dobyns-Bennett has been doing ever since the inception of the Big East Conference and it's safe to say that DB will most likely win the conference this year. I do, however, agree that Sevier County and CC should raise some heads.

Bearden is NOT DB, they do rebuild. History shows that they get good for 3-4 years, then go away for 3-4 years. Losing that many seniors will hurt, they lose a bunch of starters plus a good amount of backups because many of the backups were also seniors.

As far as Campbell Co, seeing is believing for me. They`ll have to prove themselves more than 1 or 2 seasons before I`m ready to pick them above the last two spots in the region.

i agree DB should be a top finisher this year, i just think people think bearden is going to be good this year just because of what they had last year. i'm not saying they are going to be awful but, they will be fairly young and very inexperienced. People should give CC and Seveir some more respect then what they do. i do believe with you bearden and sevier will beat SH. I also think CC will beat them.

Science Hill puzzles me. They have the athletes but coaching and conditioning was a problem last year. I'm not sure how good Jefferson County will be this year.

Bearden is NOT DB, they do rebuild. History shows that they get good for 3-4 years, then go away for 3-4 years. Losing that many seniors will hurt, they lose a bunch of starters plus a good amount of backups because many of the backups were also seniors.

As far as Campbell Co, seeing is believing for me. They`ll have to prove themselves more than 1 or 2 seasons before I`m ready to pick them above the last two spots in the region.

Didn't CC beat Jeff last year?

Point being that teams have lost a lot of seniors only to go on and finish first or second in a region. I didn't say Bearden would do that, I only said that I believe they or Sevier Co. will defeat Science Hill. I agree that losing that many seniors will hurt them this year.

1) Dobyns-Bennett- Coach Clark is a proven winner in this conference

2) Jefferson or Sevier County- Sevier had an off year and will reload and Jeff Co will be consistent

4) Knox Bearden or Science Hill- Bearden lost 27, Gilligan wont let his guys finish lower than 4th after last year's 6 game losing streak. If no one other than Isaac steps up, expect the Toppers to be in for a tough year.

6) Campbell County- Gave Bearden a game, beat Science Hill, but this season will drop games to DB, Jeff CO, Bearden, and Science Hill. Will beat Karns, and upset Sevier County.

7) Knox Karns- beat Science Hill last year, returned 2 fumbles for long and late TDs to break open the scoring. Not so lucky this season