West Tennessee team camps?

BallerStatus

Saw G.C. beat Owensboro Catholic from Kentucky, Huntington, and JCS today. Dont know how the last game ended up against Mcnairy cnty, I heard it was a close game though in the 2nd half. Anyone know? Didnt see the pressing today either except vs. Hunt when GC used it to get up by 16pts. Looked mostly like Man to man def. I will say Coach Hart didnt look pleased with the teams performance today as he got after the guys several times and even sat some of the starters. Maybe he was just playing several players also??????

yes gibson seems to have a tendency to playing down to their competition... which will end up biting them in the long run!!! gotta learn to put teams away

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes gibson seems to have a tendency to playing down to their competition... which will end up biting them in the long run!!! gotta learn to put teams away

Saw them beat Owensboro as well, yet did not feel that game should have been as close as it was, from a talent standpoint. They seem to have some talent, yet have a couple of kids play out of control on occasion.....especially one. I'm sure Coach Hart will get that under control.

Biggets adjustment I saw from all the kids was having to go from having "on the job" evaluation of TSSAA officials calling EVERYTHING the first two days, to volunteers "letting them play" the rest of the time.

gchsfan<--------16-18+/- yr old sitting @ end of bleachers?

Saw them beat Owensboro as well, yet did not feel that game should have been as close as it was, from a talent standpoint. They seem to have some talent, yet have a couple of kids play out of control on occasion.....especially one. I'm sure Coach Hart will get that under control.

Biggets adjustment I saw from all the kids was having to go from having "on the job" evaluation of TSSAA officials calling EVERYTHING the first two days, to volunteers "letting them play" the rest of the time.

gchsfan<--------16-18+/- yr old sitting @ end of bleachers?

ha no that isn't gchsfan i'm pretty sure. i think the guy your talkin about is ellis who played for gchs last year...

Baller, I'm curious as to who you and gchsfan are...

I was up at Gibson Co. watching the girls team camp last night. We looked MIGHTY good!!!!!

ha yeah if the girls don't win state this year it'll be a failed season in my opinion... i was disappointed last year havin to watch that blow out at the first round of state... o well. a year older and a year wiser. maybe now they'll have more of an idea of what to expect

Riverside high school has had a really good summer...they beat dresden(20) south fulton(15) stewart county(20) martin westview(1)mcnairy central(6) madison(25) and milan(8)...they did suffer a one point loss to lexington in a game which a free throw wasnt counted for them but its just camp and a 5 pt loss to scotts hill...they also lost to middleton in their only double digit loss of the summer by bout 14 but were only down 6 when the coach got mad and took out his starting guards wit 10min to go and put them back in down 19...

lastly they attended bruce pearls team camp last weekend and played realy well going 3-3 but losing those three games by a combined 8 points

scotts hill btw is gonna b really really good this year as they returned all of their starters and two of them can shoot the lights out..really speedy point guard

Scotts hill will be much improved this year. Saw them play at McNairy camp. Gibson county Coach has his hands full. Saw them play McNairy at Union camp where coach's played varsity in 1st half and jv in the 2nd. Bobcats had a 14 point lead at half and GC JV killed McNairy's JV in 2nd half. They lack discipline and observed them yelling at the coach on more that one occassion. One of the JV players even grabbed his crotch toward his teammates after making a free throw. New coach has a lot of issues that he will have to get a hold of.

Scotts hill will be much improved this year. Saw them play at McNairy camp. Gibson county Coach has his hands full. Saw them play McNairy at Union camp where coach's played varsity in 1st half and jv in the 2nd. Bobcats had a 14 point lead at half and GC JV killed McNairy's JV in 2nd half. They lack discipline and observed them yelling at the coach on more that one occassion. One of the JV players even grabbed his crotch toward his teammates after making a free throw. New coach has a lot of issues that he will have to get a hold of.

Bobcat, I do not believe that the players are yelling at the new coach at G.C. I have watched G.C. play this summer on 5 different occasions and have seen nothing, but respect and the willingness to listen and learn towards Coach Hart. I do argree with you however that there are alot of bad habits that Coach Hart has inherited from the former coach that quit frankly let the team do WHATEVER they wanted and demanded nothing from them. I believe the team ended up winning 20 games this summer which is something that hasnt happend at Gibson County in many years. If incidents like the above happend during a game I believe that the player would no longer be part of the pioneer basketball program. I can tell you that just by personally knowing Coach Hart and what he demands. He has told me this summer that he has been very impressed with the boys conduct and behavior on and off the court, but the main issue is that the boys play hard and give 100% effort on the court. Hart also told me that he has had numerous coaches, spectators as well as coaches from Union University and Murray St. University basketball programs come up to him and state that this years team looks like a new team compared to last season both with their playing performances, organization as well as their conduct and behavior. I for one want to congratulate Coach Hart publically as well as the Pioneer Boys Basketball Team for their performance this summer and a great start to a new beginning and I am looking forward to the upcoming season this winter, I for one willl not miss a single game......GO PIONEERS!! By the way I am alot older than 16-18 years old!!

Bobcat, I do not believe that the players are yelling at the new coach at G.C. I have watched G.C. play this summer on 5 different occasions and have seen nothing, but respect and the willingness to listen and learn towards Coach Hart. I do argree with you however that there are alot of bad habits that Coach Hart has inherited from the former coach that quit frankly let the team do WHATEVER they wanted and demanded nothing from them. I believe the team ended up winning 20 games this summer which is something that hasnt happend at Gibson County in many years. If incidents like the above happend during a game I believe that the player would no longer be part of the pioneer basketball program. I can tell you that just by personally knowing Coach Hart and what he demands. He has told me this summer that he has been very impressed with the boys conduct and behavior on and off the court, but the main issue is that the boys play hard and give 100% effort on the court. Hart also told me that he has had numerous coaches, spectators as well as coaches from Union University and Murray St. University basketball programs come up to him and state that this years team looks like a new team compared to last season both with their playing performances, organization as well as their conduct and behavior. I for one want to congratulate Coach Hart publically as well as the Pioneer Boys Basketball Team for their performance this summer and a great start to a new beginning and I am looking forward to the upcoming season this winter, I for one willl not miss a single game......GO PIONEERS!! By the way I am alot older than 16-18 years old!!

Its amazing how you have stated that you and Hart are friends and its obvious you never took a second to talk with the old coach. Makes me think maybe your kid or nephew or whatever was on teh team and didnt get teh star billing you thought he shouldve?????? From earlier posts it should be obvioius me and him are friends and you really have NO IDEA the things he has tried to do and gotten no support for and all the BS the admin put him through. Yeah, he really let the kids go a little wild at times but like i said... a whole lot behind that scene you dont know about that just wore him down. I remember when he first came here... all the same things were said... how much better teh team looked, how much more organized and disciplined they were. How great of a job he was doing.... I'm sure Hart is doing great but you really need to quit critisizing someone when you dont know anything about em or what they dealt with. I came out wrong against Hart earlier on and realized my mistake and shut up about it... you have continually (along with HART and his comments) critisized Harshaw. Support YOUR friend but watch hwo you say things BC i predict in 3-4 years it will be the same with Hart. A fresh start with a new person goes a long way but wares out fast!!!!

As for the girls, heard they will be one of the best teams in the state. Just hope they can grow up quick with all the freshman that are supossed to be playing and that they stay healthy. The two heaters are gonna be hard to stop.

Coach Harshaw did get alot put on him from administration whether it was the music they played during warm-ups (WITH NO CUSSWORDS) or saying a cussword in practice. Coaching is going to have alot of stress into it and of course a coach is going to cuss. I don't want you people to forget that Coach Harshaw also took Gibson Co. to the Regionals for the first time in like 10 years in his second year at GC. I thought Coach Harshaw was a good coach and he knew what he was doing but he had limited extensions to what he could do as a coach without getting in trouble. I hope he does well wherever he goes whether it's back to Arkansas to coach or him staying here in Tennessee. I'll try my best to watch what he does at the other school he goes to as well.

As for Coach Hart, I know nothing about him (except that he lives about 3 or 4 min down the road) or how he coaches. For Gibson Co. to win 20 games in a Summer is pretty good and it says something about Coach Hart. Gibson Co. does have some good basketball talent in the school, boys and girls. I hope he get's Gibson Co. back to the Regional tournaments and makes it as far as the team can go! I wish him luck here at GC and hope everything goes as he wants it to go. Good Luck to him!