Ezell Harding

greenergrass

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they are promoting the assistant coach. I have some friends who teach there and that is the consensus.

Dan Carter was named the Head Coach on Thursday at Ezell.

Joey Spann does not have an AAU program, nor does Dan Carter.

Goodpastures cupboard is not bare.

Ezell Harding will return 2 all-District players.

Neither coach has had any influence on an AAU team that I have been a part of. Both are great men and great coaches.

Good luck lady tornado players who are spending this week trying to impress your new high school coaches. Box out and chicken wing in...

hope to see you in the gyms this fall and winter.

P.S. got to see Marshall county play today....they look tough again.....

Sharpshooter :0)

Dan Carter was named the Head Coach on Thursday at Ezell.

Joey Spann does not have an AAU program, nor does Dan Carter.

Goodpastures cupboard is not bare.

Ezell Harding will return 2 all-District players.

Neither coach has had any influence on an AAU team that I have been a part of. Both are great men and great coaches.

Good luck lady tornado players who are spending this week trying to impress your new high school coaches. Box out and chicken wing in...

hope to see you in the gyms this fall and winter.

P.S. got to see Marshall county play today....they look tough again.....

Sharpshooter :0)

Thanks for the clarification on the AAU front. It was said in an earlier post that Joey Spann ran an AAU program, but I did not think that was the case.

For those who might not see the attractive part of an AAU program on the north side of Nashville with Sharpshooter, wait a little time and see how it works. It becomes a package like EH promoted. A lot of people become involved even in younger ages. It is the summer program part of the GP situation. It's all right to say its not happening but getting these two guys widened the scope of girls basketball in that total area. It will not take too long to see the value. Two years at the very most and then a consistant move up. If GP is close and maybe already in AAA with enrollment, there was not much else they could have done. It made sense in a lot of ways. EH will still prosper.

What does this mean, then? I'm confused.

What does this mean, then? I'm confused.

Sharpshooter says in his post that neither Coach at Ezell had a part in the AAU program he had a part in. Maybe the assumption is wrong but would you not think he might still have a part in it even if he moved to Goodpasture. Was there anyone there at Goodpasture that did the same thing? Likely there was that was a parent or fan of the program. Were they as good as SS who this poster is not acquainted with but by reputation knows him to be a good technician of basketball? Would he at least try to get a fan to get players to enter in to summer play? These guys know what it takes to produce a winner and while they may not be directly involved, the system is what is looked for.

No one is doing anything illegal nor am I implying that but generating interest ,however its done, is the key point and these guys know how to generate interest and promote. That's why they were hired.

So Sharpshooter runs the AAU program? What is the name of the Ezell AAU program? The Goodpasture AAU program? I feel like I'm closer to understanding...thanks!

It is not an Ezell or a Goodpasture for that matter and doesn't have to be. This is just getting more confused and really wish it hadn't been mentioned. but appreciate your inquiry.

I don't think most head coaches run AAU programs. What I think does happen is either assistant coaches will put together a program with a nucleus of middle school players that may eventually play for them, or maybe a parent of a child who is a good player will coach their daughter and some of her high school/ middle school teammates. Nothing illegal about that. That is how programs can improve and strenghten. The more these girls play the better they get. It is not rocket science.

As long as these girls play of their own free will and are not "pressured" into playing it's great. If a girl wants to play softball she should. If she wants to take the summer off then fine. However if she is not "into" softball and doesn't want to take a break then AAU ball is where it's at.

I live near North of Nashville and I would be curious as to what was the name of the AAU team that Mr Sharpshooter coached (if he did actually coach). I wish more of these AAU teams were publicized so you could tryout for them. It seems like most of these programs are in Brentwood, Franklin, or Rutherford county. It would be nice to know if Northern Davidson county, Sumner County, or Robertson county had any AAU programs.

I don't think most head coaches run AAU programs. What I think does happen is either assistant coaches will put together a program with a nucleus of middle school players that may eventually play for them, or maybe a parent of a child who is a good player will coach their daughter and some of her high school/ middle school teammates. Nothing illegal about that. That is how programs can improve and strenghten. The more these girls play the better they get. It is not rocket science.

As long as these girls play of their own free will and are not "pressured" into playing it's great. If a girl wants to play softball she should. If she wants to take the summer off then fine. However if she is not "into" softball and doesn't want to take a break then AAU ball is where it's at.

I live near North of Nashville and I would be curious as to what was the name of the AAU team that Mr Sharpshooter coached (if he did actually coach). I wish more of these AAU teams were publicized so you could tryout for them. It seems like most of these programs are in Brentwood, Franklin, or Rutherford county. It would be nice to know if Northern Davidson county, Sumner County, or Robertson county had any AAU programs.

That is a great post and exactly my sentiments. It has been recognized that some AAU teams are needed in that area along with other sports and it has been obvious there is a reason for doing them. The only one this poster had heard of was started by a Lipscomb University Basketball player a very few years back and played in a number of Tourneys mostly in Gallatin and Clarksville. Most school coaches have those connections and recommend players to those who are in charge as candidates to play. There just happens to be fewer clubs in that area EXCEPT CLarksville which is very strong.

Now one other comment for someone who wants to participatein AAu and has a daughter in High School, there are rules by the TSSAA dealing with the subject that needs to be looked at and some deal with how many players can be on the same AAU team from one school any one year. Your AAU coach will know these guidelines i am sure but it is more regulated than it once was.

Sharpshooter is the primary bench coach for the TN Tornadoes. He was brought into our organization for two reasons. Most important he is a Christian man. Second he gets players scholarships and prepares them for next level. I am the GM and deal primarily with player recruiting. We have 4 Christian coaches on staff. Due to our recent success we will be expanding age divisions next year. With the rising price of fuel you no longer have to drive 50 miles to get this type of environment. It is right here. If you would like a tryout next year then let us know. We would be happy to speak with you. We are just as excited that Sharpshooter will be coming to GP. The new staff is already making positive changes. In time they will make some noise. My email is tntornadoes@comcast.net

Sharpshooter is the primary bench coach for the TN Tornadoes. If you would like a tryout next year then let us know. We would be happy to speak with you. We are just as excited that Sharpshooter will be coming to GP. The new staff is already making positive changes. In time they will make some noise.

Someone needs to email him on T and give him a phone # or something so he can make a contact now.