11AAA 08-09

bigboss

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is correct that Franklin finished first in the regular season last year and returns basically everyone, but Hillsboro advanced further in the tournament, beating Franklin in the district championship game. How many does Hillsboro return? If it's a lot, then I'm giving the nod to the Burros. If not, then I'm going with the Rebels.

It is correct that Franklin finished first in the regular season last year and returns basically everyone, but Hillsboro advanced further in the tournament, beating Franklin in the district championship game. How many does Hillsboro return? If it's a lot, then I'm giving the nod to the Burros. If not, then I'm going with the Rebels.

Top two Hillsboro scorers are gone, Franklin returns all five starters plus top 3 reserves off the bench.

Top two Hillsboro scorers are gone, Franklin returns all five starters plus top 3 reserves off the bench.

My money is on Franklin, then. Is this the year that the Rebels make it back to the state tournament? If they can do so well on the AAU circuit, you would think they would have already made it to Murfreesboro by now. What is holding them back?

They did not hold Siegel back. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

True enough, but Franklin has had to play 2 or 3 12AAA teams in a row in order to win the region the last several years and that is a tall order for anyone. Antioch, Whites Creek, Maplewood, McGavock, Hunters Lane, and Stratford have been tough games for just about everyone the last few years.

True enough, but Franklin has had to play 2 or 3 12AAA teams in a row in order to win the region the last several years and that is a tall order for anyone. Antioch, Whites Creek, Maplewood, McGavock, Hunters Lane, and Stratford have been tough games for just about everyone the last few years.

Every team must get past quality teams.

They were tough last year and they will be tough this year.

You just can't have a bad day. I hope that maturity will

help the boys this year.

Franklin has had some really bad luck over the years. They do their job in the district tournament and the best Nashville team screws up the brackets by coming in fourth. Off the top of my head I am thinking about Glencliff and Stratford. Then last year they drop the ball and lose to Hillsboro. I think the only way they do not make it to the region finals is to have a premature meeting with the most tallented Nashville team in many a moon.

This year, they have a very good team returning and the best I can tell Metro teams as a whole may be down. I think Mapewood will be the most tallented team in 12AAA this year. I'm picking Franklin to break through this year.