REGION 4-5 PRE-SEASON RANKINGS

MOJO11

My prediction for this year.

ALOT of Region 4 threads are gonna get slammed shut this year!

As to the teams, right now they are ALL 0-0. How they finish the season is determined by how the kids play the games.

Right now teams and players are getting bullseyes put on them. Some come naturally and some not.

Gonna be an interesting year though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this why we are all logging on and posting in June? Some are correct ...no one has a clue who will finsh 1-8 but it sure is fun to kick it around and debate it. Bullseyes.....so what...will it really make a difference in two months? will the outcome change in any way because a person makes a statement about a team or person? I don't beleive so. Past History does not really amount for much when referring to team accomplishments 2 years ago or beyond so past championships are really a mute point. I do beleive that this region is by far THE BEST in Tennessee.

I would still like to hear the strengths and weakness' of each 4-5 team.

Will be an incredible race in Region4-5A this fall and I know I am one of many who are looking forward to battles week in and out! Good luck to all and MOJO11 you are right about this Region being the best in the state of Tennessee! Would be one of the top regions in most states! GO WARRIORS!

this region is by far the best in the state any body can beat anybody at any time... last year blackman beat lincoln county at the pit and blackman finished last in the region and LC won their region and oakland beat coffee county i believe it was and oakland finished seventh in the region and CC finished first or second i believe... so that just shows you how good this region really is

My pick:

OFFENSE: 1) BLACKMAN: SKILL PLAYERS, RB DEPTH, BIG O-LINE, # OF STARTERS RETURNING, QB?

2) LEBENON: RB'S, EXPERIENCED QB'S,

3) SMYRNA: BRYSON (RB), QUALITY COACHING STAFF,

4) WILSON CENTRAL:

5) OAKLAND: GREAT RB'S, AND 1 WR

6) siegel: GOOD PERSONEL RETURNING, QB,

7) RIVERDALE:

8) LAVERGNE: REBUILD YEAR

DEFENSE: 1) BLACKMAN: # OF STARTERS RETURNING, LB'S, SECONDARY

2) OAKLAND:

3) LEBENON

4) siegel

5) SMYRNA

6) WILSON CENTRAL

7) RIVERDALE:

8) LAVERGNE: YOUNG AND REBUILDING

MOJO,

I hate to bust that bubble, but the "GladeKitties" just might be a little higher than 6th on Defense. From what I saw in the spring, if WC is 6th best on "D" then all others better stay out of this league! I would bet that this post is already on the locker-room wall. The "Kitty-Cats" came off the bottom quite nicely last season. Please understand that I am prejudiced about the Cats, but I did warn folks last season!

Go "Glade Kitties"

MOJO,

I hate to bust that bubble, but the "GladeKitties" just might be a little higher than 6th on Defense. From what I saw in the spring, if WC is 6th best on "D" then all others better stay out of this league! I would bet that this post is already on the locker-room wall. The "Kitty-Cats" came off the bottom quite nicely last season. Please understand that I am prejudiced about the Cats, but I did warn folks last season!

Go "Glade Kitties"

i would agree with you wildcat...i know you have two very good linebackers...rotereo (spelling?) and dowell...rotereo should play at the next level somewhere if he is the size that your website says and his grades are up to par...i like the way he plays for sure

and i did have a friend that saw yall play in the spring and also said your D looked tough...

the "kittycats" were more like "a roaring lion" last year and should be the same this year on D for sure

it was great last year for our region to see another team besides riverdale and the bulldogs do well...this only makes our region better...

PBD

My pick:

OFFENSE: 1) BLACKMAN: SKILL PLAYERS, RB DEPTH, BIG O-LINE, # OF STARTERS RETURNING, QB?

2) LEBENON: RB'S, EXPERIENCED QB'S,

3) SMYRNA: BRYSON (RB), QUALITY COACHING STAFF,

4) WILSON CENTRAL:

5) OAKLAND: GREAT RB'S, AND 1 WR

6) siegel: GOOD PERSONEL RETURNING, QB,

7) RIVERDALE:

8) LAVERGNE: REBUILD YEAR

DEFENSE: 1) BLACKMAN: # OF STARTERS RETURNING, LB'S, SECONDARY

2) OAKLAND:

3) LEBENON

4) siegel

5) SMYRNA

6) WILSON CENTRAL

7) RIVERDALE:

8) LAVERGNE: YOUNG AND REBUILDING

We're ranked 5th in defnse but we return all linbackers d line and 4 returning starters in the secondary...oh wait and

sonny and rod is gone......Get a life

Defense:

1) Smyrna

2) Oakland

3) riverdale

4) wilson central

5) Blackman

6) siegal

7) lebanon

8) LaVernge

It's ironic how the last team in the region automaticaly becomes Number #1...hahahahahahah..Blackman might be a top 3 or 4 not #1....at all..And Bryson aint our onlyy offensive weapon Dumb- $^#.....

We're ranked 5th in defnse but we return all linbackers d line and 4 returning starters in the secondary...oh wait and

sonny and rod is gone......Get a life

Defense:

1) Smyrna

2) Oakland

3) riverdale

4) wilson central

5) Blackman

6) siegal

7) lebanon

8) LaVernge

It's ironic how the last team in the region automaticaly becomes Number #1...hahahahahahah..Blackman might be a top 3 or 4 not #1....at all..And Bryson aint our onlyy offensive weapon Dumb- $^#.....

i dont know who your are or where your from but i do know one thing... if you come on here talking like that you dang sure arent going to get a good rep... and how do you know that blackman isnt going to get first? did you go to all their spring practices or did you go whatch them scrimmage? or are you just that good of a physic

Thanks for the respect given to Oakland's defense on here. I always considered it the bright spot of our program.I am hoping the new Defensive coodinator can take over where Coach Moose left off. We have a lot of veterans returning on the D, so his job should be easier. I heard we were going to a 4-3. I can only assume that Bass, Valentine, and Keeling will be the 3 Lb's. Our D line was always well-coached and fundamentally sound. They were worked hard over the years and did well. With Barrett anchoring it down, I expect more good things from them this yr Hope that Barrett can be another Kaelin! Does anyone know who is coaching the d line now?

Smyrna is feeling what Riverdale has had to deal with for many yrs. At one time OHS felt the same hate too. I think Shad was able to help the team become a team by using the Us against the World concept. It proved a successful tactic. Expect the Dawgs to finally win that region title this yr. But expect the rest of the pack to run pretty closely behind.

Blackman players......if you don't believe you can win the region then there is no point in playing. So don't apologize to anyone for putting your team at the top. A positive attitude is the first step. Just ask Wildon Central!!

As for Rottero. Word was that he had great work ethic in the classroom too. Expect him to have a banner year at LB. He and McChurch were my favorite Wildcats. They have such FIRE!!

Now as for top defenses, if you don't put the Cats in the mix, you will find yourself feeling a bit silly after you play them. The guy there ( never can remember his name....sorry...is it Dearman? ) is great at finding weaknesses in the opposition's O. His players hit hard and finish the play. He is a great asset to the school and seems very cool on the sidelines.