Class 1A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

Yeah Catfish, Greenfield has a chance to finish anywhere from 2-5 in the region this year. They got some bad news in the last couple days because they their only assistant coach. The old principal almost killed the football program, and they are having trouble getting new coaches in there because of lack of teaching spots. They are playing against a stacked deck, but I know I wish I had 3 of their lineman and a couple of their skill kids. They have good players, just don't know if they will have enough coaching help. Also what's this about Batts playing FS? Are you guys trying to stop people or just contain them as well as you can? Put him at rush end and tell him to sick em!

Yeah now that the old principal is gone all the athletes and great football players are going to start coming out to play for Greenfield. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken poop.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah now that the old principal is gone all the athletes and great football players are going to start coming out to play for Greenfield. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken poop.

Well considering there is 1 coach in the school to coach football yes it is totally your father's fault. He almost single handedly killed Greenfield's program. Giving Tenure to complete losers and wastes like David Dunlap is what almost killed the football program. People in Greenfield should shake Adam Dowland's hand every time they see him because without him coaching for nothing the last couple of years that program would have had 1 coach. Heck every basketball team has at least 2 coaches. 2 coaches for 15 players....1 coach for 40. That's Jackie Vaughn math!!!

And thanks for calling the hard working kids there now chicken poop. I know you wouldn't say that to either of the mcmullens. You have no room to call them that, because me and you both know how many times you and your brother strapped on a helmet for Greenfield high school....0 Maybe that's why daddy didn't give the program any support.

ZERO?????????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think you just got PUNK'D jvaughan /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First off do you even now how a teacher gets tenure? Please tell me how you think it happens because I would love to hear it.

Second, how many faculty coaches did Greenfield have when we were good back in the late nineties? 2, the exact same number that they have now. Hal Blackman and Jerry Diviney were the faculty coaches, with Big A and Coach Durden being the volunteer assistants. The difference being that those teams had Brock Porter, Matthew Gearin, Don Pitt, Jonathan McAdams, Rusty Darby, Josh Puckett etc. to go along. Hence the chicken soup comment. We don't have the caliber of players now that we had back then. Not saying these Greenfield kids now don't work hard or aren't talented, just not the same level of talent walking the halls of GHS as there was back then.

Third, about the comment about never playing. Some people aren't football players. Just not my sport and I had my mind set on other things. Heck my brother wasn't even an athlete so I guess dad never gave a care about any program at Greenfield until I came along and played basketball and then basketball got everything in the world then. Stupid reasoning there.

Plain and simple 4 reasons why the Greenfield program is where it is at.

1) Head coaching during the years of 04-06. Hal did not do a good job with what they had. Now that Rodehaver is there that will change. And oh look at what happens the first year he is the head man. It changes from cellar dweller to a possible playoff spot on the last night of the season.

2) Quality of players. Again not saying that these guys don't work hard. But I would take the guys from the 1997-2002 teams over just about any of them.

3) The current region opponents. Lets face it, when you only had 5 teams in the region and only had to beat Gleason to make the playoffs, life was good. Now that you have to play Union City and Mckenzie, not so easy.

4) Greenfield is a tiny school. 4th smallest with football. Really hard to be consistant is a sport that requires 11 players to play. Greenfield has around 150 kids, and you would think that maybe half of them are boys. So you are talking about almost one seventh of your boys are going to have to be able to be starting caliber football players! No way to do it year in year out.

Yes catfish zero times is correct. Never once strapped on a helmet at good ole GHS. Just played for a state basketball championship.

Its great to be back!! Its just around the corner. The Rebels will be young this year and QB is still a big ? mark. We do have our FB back and Jake Johnson I think will tote the majority of the mail this year w/ Bowden getting some carries also. Rebels will be young but Coach Comer will get the most out of them and they all know what they have to do to get back.

Good luck Rebels and all the teams in class 7-1A.

Its great to be back!! Its just around the corner. The Rebels will be young this year and QB is still a big ? mark. We do have our FB back and Jake Johnson I think will tote the majority of the mail this year w/ Bowden getting some carries also. Rebels will be young but Coach Comer will get the most out of them and they all know what they have to do to get back.

Good luck Rebels and all the teams in class 7-1A.

does mckenzie have a qb

Twisted Alum, wrong again. Springer would stick the ball up there with the best of them, since the midline option was his 1 play. He also READ the veer, nothing was predetermined. I promise I would know, more than anyone. Ask, Fayette Acad., TCA and even JCS his Sr. if he would stick it u0p in there. The Speed kid has a long way to go to be at Springer's level but good luck.

Union City is an unknown insofar as nobody knows exactly how they will take to the new offense....It's a very hard offense to get down because of the reads and whatnot...It won't matter if they have athletes all over the field if they can't execute the offense....It's an offense that is dang near impossible to stop if run right but it will make you look like Ned and the third reader if you don't....

There will be a bunch of factors that will determine the Tornadoes success this season....They will have to get tougher physically and mentally..They lost to some folks and played close to folks that never should have been able to stay on the field with them...The Gleason loss is arguably the worst loss in school history...It was definately the most embarrassing....I'm hoping a winter under the new coaches in the weight room will help a whole lot....The offensive line will have to be more physical and really just alot meaner....Same with the defense....The attitudes will have to change,that's for sure...The Tornadoes were very passive last season....The QB will be the key...If whoever it is can make the right reads and not turn the ball over and get good blocking,look out....

I predict the Tornadoes will look a little lost in the first part of the season..I don't expect a win at home vs Westview...If they can make really good improvement between that game and the Lake County game they should be able to handle the Falcons again..It's hard to predict a win-loss record for the season because of the unknowns...Should be a fun season though.....

Oh and by the way......"chicken poop"??...HILARIOUS.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

It will be hard for anybody to stop Union City's Offense..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ...Football Season's just around the corner...I cant wait!!!

Just remember that while Bowling was at OC his Rebel teams faced Westview and McKenzie twice apiece during the regular season and faced Lake County two or three times during spring practice or pre-season scrimmages....Westview didn't have much luck stopping it but McKenzie did pretty good defensively against it both games...Lake County did decent against it one time...Point being,all any of those coaches have to do is pull out some old game film...They won't be too surprised by much....The rest of the region will be a different story....

But as you well know,when run right it's very hard to stop.....