Northeast eagles finally get coach

daniel24

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Northeast is looking great. They have alot of talent out there. I know they will make a run at the region this year. The talent is out there, and chomping at the bit to hit the field.

I agree with all of the talent that Northeast has and a new coach things should start looking up.

Okay, not to dampen your enthusiasm, but let's do the math (and we go through this exercise each season):

Who are you planning on knocking off to take the region? First order of business is that you have to beat teams that you've never beaten- or even matched up well with.

The closest you came to beating anyone in the region was Columbia 29-20. Start there. Let's give you a victory this season.

You were shutout by four teams, and scored two touchdowns total against the other two.

You lost by margins of 33, 36, 39, 28, 35, and 33 points to region foes last year.

Which five teams- which, at a bare minimum, is about how many you will have to beat to take the region- will you be beating? The region champion has historically lost no more than two games, oftentimes they've lost one or gone undefeated.

This would also assume that the top teams in the region will be significantly worse than they've historiclly been. That would be your only chance, and if Vegas were to post odds on all of that happening at the same time- you are looking at a Million to one shot.

Win your out of region games and at least one region game, and consider yourselves as having a good year.

Okay, not to dampen your enthusiasm, but let's do the math (and we go through this exercise each season):

Who are you planning on knocking off to take the region? First order of business is that you have to beat teams that you've never beaten- or even matched up well with.

The closest you came to beating anyone in the region was Columbia 29-20. Start there. Let's give you a victory this season.

You were shutout by four teams, and scored two touchdowns total against the other two.

You lost by margins of 33, 36, 39, 28, 35, and 33 points to region foes last year.

Which five teams- which, at a bare minimum, is about how many you will have to beat to take the region- will you be beating? The region champion has historically lost no more than two games, oftentimes they've lost one or gone undefeated.

This would also assume that the top teams in the region will be significantly worse than they've historiclly been. That would be your only chance, and if Vegas were to post odds on all of that happening at the same time- you are looking at a Million to one shot.

Win your out of region games and at least one region game, and consider yourselves as having a good year.

FTT2, You are so Brutual....but so honest as well. Clarksville NE keep striving to get better and see what happens. IF you are as good as you think, then come Week 6 you will find out. As my Indy boys play host to you. Unfortunately, that will probably be the Homecoming game as well. Those young Indy boys may be a little out of focus because of the festivities from that day. Still, they will show you why they are the defending region champion. FTT2 was right, worry about beating the other teams that are in the bottom of the region first. Then concentrate on taking on the big teams.

Go INDY!!

Hello there Coacht mates. Have not been posting much here since I do not have one in the Prep ball mix anymore. That said the Coach the Eagles have I do believe will surprise some teams and folks before this season is in the books.

And to all my fellow smack talkers from the last 4 years I called this past season long before it was in the books for them Cats. Looking for them to have another good one and the Eagles will win games this year. That's about as far as I can climb out now.

Teams working together can even surprise themselves. Good Luck to all Montgomery Co. schools. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me see if I get this right. You just hired a head coach that used to be an assistant coach and he left last year(?) to go to a cross town rival and now after 7-8 months you hire a man that, according to the local newspaper just realized he was ready for the job after not being ready for the last 7-8 months. Yep, I'd say the Clarksville School System is fubar'ed.

Bryan Johnson will be a great addition to the the Clarksville area coaches. He played football at John Overton High School and then moved on to play for Austin Peay State University when they went to a 7-5 season, their first in 18 years, with head coach Bill Schmitz. So, he knows how to win in a enviroment that is not , well, lets just say not condusive to a winning football program. The Austin Peay team was up against student body, administration, and community. That is not to say that the loyal supporters did not do their job, they were greatly appreciated.

However, back on topic. Bryan will get the job done for Northeast and will represent the school, players, and supporters well. He has a WELTH of football knowledge and is very competitive. All he needs is time. With time I think the rest of you, with SOME SUPPORT, will benefit from having him be apart of the school and football program.

TIME TO TAKE ANOTHER UNSUCCESFUL TEAM BACK TO A WINNING TEAM. BRYAN FROM ONE OF YOUR OLD BOYS AT THE PEAY... GOOD LUCK, MAN!

Then wake up. This season NE will probably win one or two. Next year moving to the Z plan will not see the playoffs, and it is evident that NE start playing for a bowl game and not talking Play Offs.

Teams that NE has a Chance to beat: Rossview and Kenwood

Teams that will Murder NE: Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy, Centennial

Toss ups: Dickson and Columbia and Clarksville

Fact: Northeast will not be in the play offs or post season play. Look on just having a fun season and making improvements, because this team is not that good to beat the powers in the region.

Then wake up. This season NE will probably win one or two. Next year moving to the Z plan will not see the playoffs, and it is evident that NE start playing for a bowl game and not talking Play Offs.

Teams that NE has a Chance to beat: Rossview and Kenwood

Teams that will Murder NE: Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy, Centennial

Toss ups: Dickson and Columbia and Clarksville

Fact: Northeast will not be in the play offs or post season play. Look on just having a fun season and making improvements, because this team is not that good to beat the powers in the region.

I agree, have fun. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />