Oak Ridge Football 2008

ORWildcat

#3 Jakari McClanahan is the receiver that you mentioned. He was voted by his teammates in a recent poll as the hardest worker on the team. As for Ralphael Coffey, he has been slowed by a leg injury as of late and is doubtfull for the Fulton game.

Yes, #3 McClanahan. I am glad to hear he is respected by his team mates as the hardest worker. Combine that talent with very hard work and I believe he can really play. We just have to get the ball to him. At 6-3 and long arms, he will be a mismatch against most DB's he'll go up against.

Hope Coffey gets healed up and back on the field. He and McClanahan would make a great tandem that would be hard to defend.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, #3 McClanahan. I am glad to hear he is respected by his team mates as the hardest worker. Combine that talent with very hard work and I believe he can really play. We just have to get the ball to him. At 6-3 and long arms, he will be a mismatch against most DB's he'll go up against.

Hope Coffey gets healed up and back on the field. He and McClanahan would make a great tandem that would be hard to defend.

both Ooltewah corners are 6'3 /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

both Ooltewah corners are 6'3 /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

6-3 corners, that's impressive. Frankly my concern is a little different. I'd take my chances of OR's top 2 receivers (Coffey & McClanahan) against your corners. But what I haven't seen is an offensive scheme that allows these playmakers to get the ball or consistent qb play to get them the ball. I hope to see something this year a little more sophisticated than just throwing timing patterns at the sideline. They're great when they work, but we just haven't been able to complete them consistently. At the 1st DB game last year, OR was able to complete enough of those to Coffey to force them to defend run and pass, but in other games, our pass offense was ineffective and OR became one dimensional. Just not enough to beat good teams like the Owls, DB, Farragut, etc. I am hopeful this year will be different. The OR offenses of the past had a LOT of high percentage passing plays that allowed the offense to be 2 dimensional and keep the chains moving. THAT is what I want to see this year.

6-3 corners, that's impressive. Frankly my concern is a little different. I'd take my chances of OR's top 2 receivers (Coffey & McClanahan) against your corners. But what I haven't seen is an offensive scheme that allows these playmakers to get the ball or consistent qb play to get them the ball. I hope to see something this year a little more sophisticated than just throwing timing patterns at the sideline. They're great when they work, but we just haven't been able to complete them consistently. At the 1st DB game last year, OR was able to complete enough of those to Coffey to force them to defend run and pass, but in other games, our pass offense was ineffective and OR became one dimensional. Just not enough to beat good teams like the Owls, DB, Farragut, etc. I am hopeful this year will be different. The OR offenses of the past had a LOT of high percentage passing plays that allowed the offense to be 2 dimensional and keep the chains moving. THAT is what I want to see this year.

one corner is 6'3 and runs a 4.3 40 Sammy Seamster, timed at a camp this summer. ill take my chance with him. he is also being looked at closely by the vols. other is our best reciever #6 gino norwood

Zip Zipper for Oak Ridge is just like that. He is 6'4" and runs a 4.2.....backwards.

Ole Dad

one corner is 6'3 and runs a 4.3 40 Sammy Seamster, timed at a camp this summer. ill take my chance with him. he is also being looked at closely by the vols. other is our best reciever #6 gino norwood

You said he's being looked at by the Vols, With that kind of speed hopefully he will turn them down & go to an SEC contender.

Yes, I am familiar with Seamster. He is a great looking athlete. He may be the best corner in 5A this year in East TN, maybe the state. Perhaps I should have said it a little differently. I think if you have a passing attack that is built with high percentage (completions) passing plays letting your best athletes at wideout get the ball with a chance to make plays, and then add to that some plays to stretch the field that are not as high percentage, but when they connect are big plays, you have a chance to be 2 dimensional in 5A. With OR's talent, you can beat the mid level teams with a good running game and a poor passing game, but when you go up against the better 5A teams, you have to be able to move the chains both running and passing. The type of passing attack I described is what OR did well through the 90's and early 2000's, I just haven't seen it the last year or two.

As far as taking my chances with OR's 2 best receivers, the best corner in the state can only take away one receiver (or area) per play. In the right offense, OR has (it appears) at least 2 receivers that are extremely athletic, have speed, strength and height. Add in Demarcus Rogers receiving out of the backfield and you have a number of different weapons to defend on every play. I believe an offensive game plan can be devised that makes if very difficult to defend it all including the run on every play. Having said that, it will take something different than what I've seen the last couple years (IMHO) to get it done against the best in 5A.

BTW, did Seamster play in the OR vs. Ooltewah game last year?

I think Tucker Trent will be a nice addition this year at wide receiver as well. 6-5, 195.

What a great pick up to have that athlete on the field this year. Great talent, great family. I hope he lights it up.

I'm just curious.......if Seamster (and I'm sure he is a great kid and a wonderful athlete) is the best corner in Tennessee how can he not be in the top 100 corners in the nation? In fact, the attached list of the top 5 fastest corners in the nation are all slower than the time purported on here for Seamster. Could it be exaggeration?

I would still take The Zipper on my team in any case.

Ole Dad

http://rivals100.Unapproved Website/viewrank.asp?r...0&Year=2009

http://rivals100.Unapproved Website/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2232

Yes, I am familiar with Seamster. He is a great looking athlete. He may be the best corner in 5A this year in East TN, maybe the state. Perhaps I should have said it a little differently. I think if you have a passing attack that is built with high percentage (completions) passing plays letting your best athletes at wideout get the ball with a chance to make plays, and then add to that some plays to stretch the field that are not as high percentage, but when they connect are big plays, you have a chance to be 2 dimensional in 5A. With OR's talent, you can beat the mid level teams with a good running game and a poor passing game, but when you go up against the better 5A teams, you have to be able to move the chains both running and passing. The type of passing attack I described is what OR did well through the 90's and early 2000's, I just haven't seen it the last year or two.

As far as taking my chances with OR's 2 best receivers, the best corner in the state can only take away one receiver (or area) per play. In the right offense, OR has (it appears) at least 2 receivers that are extremely athletic, have speed, strength and height. Add in Demarcus Rogers receiving out of the backfield and you have a number of different weapons to defend on every play. I believe an offensive game plan can be devised that makes if very difficult to defend it all including the run on every play. Having said that, it will take something different than what I've seen the last couple years (IMHO) to get it done against the best in 5A.

BTW, did Seamster play in the OR vs. Ooltewah game last year?

What a great pick up to have that athlete on the field this year. Great talent, great family. I hope he lights it up.

Sammy Seamster is a track guy who started playing football a few years ago. His father played football for lsu and his mother ran track for lsu. He is a great kid and has big time potential, raw talent. NO, he ran a legit 4.3 40 at a camp, i am not sure which camp. im sure somebody will read this and answer that for us. Our big time recruit is Jaquez Smith (junior #36) DE & TE 6'3 235, he may be the #1 ranked player in tennessee next year., I think oak ridge will be a very good team this year. i am looking forward to seeing the wars between the top 2-5A teams. good luck guys.

Sammy Seamster is a track guy who started playing football a few years ago. His father played football for lsu and his mother ran track for lsu. He is a great kid and has big time potential, raw talent. NO, he ran a legit 4.3 40 at a camp, i am not sure which camp. im sure somebody will read this and answer that for us. Our big time recruit is Jaquez Smith (junior #36) DE & TE 6'3 235, he may be the #1 ranked player in tennessee next year., I think oak ridge will be a very good team this year. i am looking forward to seeing the wars between the top 2-5A teams. good luck guys.

It was at the UT combine they had in the spring not sure the name of it either sorry. Juaquez and Sammy both were invited and went.