Oak Ridge Football 2008

ORWildcat

fanfriendly,

Great Post! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> People vote with their pockets!!!!! Sugar coat all you want! Pride is not deserved, but earned by example and results!!!

That just about sums it up.

Back to football. Who might be a fullback? Will Irby play defensive line? Any receivers other than Coffey? Linebackers?

Where is that well informed youth pastor with the scouting report?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole Dad, do you have any proof of these incidents? There is only one incident you mentioned that I believe is slightly true. But, I will not discuss it. I would love to see proof of these incidents, though. Thank You.

I don't even know OLE DAD But he speaks the truth RE: the incidents!

Mr. Fan friendly,

If you are offended by words, good luck in life it will be tough for you....

Regarding the Oak Ridger article on booster fund raising: I think what may have not been spoken clearly is that there are many fans who are discouraged with the head coach, and this may be effecting willingness to donate, along with economic and other factors. While I have shared some of my concerns after the season last year, I am 100% behind the Wildcat Football players and Team. I hope everyone remembers that these Seniors only get one more year. These Juniors only get one Junior season. My hope is that most of us can put our feelings about 1 individual aside until the end of this season. If we boil it down, it's about the players, and they deserve our community's fervent support just like the Wildcats that have come before them. They have no control over what the administration or school board does. My family and I will continue to support the Wildcats.

Well said!

I noticed that your tag is GOVOLSKNOX, I respect your opinion because you support OR..

& you know what you are talking about because The vols are another Poorly coached mediocre team.

Well said!

I noticed that your tag is GOVOLSKNOX, I respect your opinion because you support OR..

& you know what you are talking about because The vols are another Poorly coached mediocre team.

No disrespect meant Bldrunner, but the caliber of the coaching was not the point that I was trying to make. Perhaps I didn't do a good job, but the focus of my point was:

I hope everyone remembers that these Seniors only get one more year. These Juniors only get one Junior season. My hope is that most of us can put our feelings about 1 individual aside until the end of this season. If we boil it down, it's about the players, and they deserve our community's fervent support just like the Wildcats that have come before them. They have no control over what the administration or school board does. My family and I will continue to support the Wildcats.

No disrespect meant Bldrunner, but the caliber of the coaching was not the point that I was trying to make. Perhaps I didn't do a good job, but the focus of my point was:

I hope everyone remembers that these Seniors only get one more year. These Juniors only get one Junior season. My hope is that most of us can put our feelings about 1 individual aside until the end of this season. If we boil it down, it's about the players, and they deserve our community's fervent support just like the Wildcats that have come before them. They have no control over what the administration or school board does. My family and I will continue to support the Wildcats.

Thank You.

I was told about this sight the other day and was even asked if I had posted anything on it. After reading these comments, I am utterly amazed, shocked and truthfully disappointed that a bunch of grown men and/or women use this venue to bad mouth and trash our town, our team, our coach, our staff and one another. What a fine example is being set for the youth of our community. I am not always happy with the way things are done by others and sometimes I am a disappointed fan, but to speak in a public setting such as this with the tone and terminology towards others such as I have read is not only rude, wrong and unfair it is a bad example as well as chicken you know what since none of you say who you are. That right there tells me that you know what you are doing is wrong. But this I know…. What is done in secret will be revealed. Light always outshines the darkness and truth always reveals itself. I for one am not going to hide behind a blogger name because I am not ashamed of what I have to say.

As for the so called incidents that have happened, especially the Clinton vs. OR on our home field. Let me just ask all of you this. . . “Were any of you on the field?” No wait, let me say it another way. . . “Were any of you on the field, standing beside Coach Stevens when things were supposedly said or done?” I don’t think so! Do you want to know why I can say that, because my husband was! Scott Jenkins was on the field beside Coach Stevens that night and I was on the field within eye sight of them. Not only did the Clinton Parents set a bad example by marching on to our field, heading towards our goals posts to cost us yet another dollar if torn down, the Clinton Coaches started the bad mouthing, finger pointing and blatant threats toward Oak Ridge! One Clinton coach that used to work out at the Paragon with my husband called him out by name telling him to bring it on! It was at that point that I spoke up myself yelling “Do what’s right, hold our boys back, do not retaliate or respond to them.” I then turned to other OR Parents and yelled “Help Get Control!” I am utterly amazed at all the innuendos that have been made about this incident especially from those who could not possibly know the facts as they don’t even live here in Oak Ridge - Shame on you!

In reviewing this site, it appears it to be a great sight to keep up with schools and stats from all over our region but thanks to the negative, bad mouthing, name calling Oak Ridge Crowd it has been tainted to be a mudslinging forum! Come on people, grow up! Talk facts not fiction. Talk stats not static!

And in case you forgot. . .

"Winning does not take place in the public's eye, but in the sweat and passion one displays.”

As far as I can see, weather we are 8 and 2 or 2 and 8, our boys who passionately sweat it out week after week, year after year, as coaches come and coaches go, as supporters moan or supporters clap. . They are winners!

I was told about this sight the other day and was even asked if I had posted anything on it. After reading these comments, I am utterly amazed, shocked and truthfully disappointed that a bunch of grown men and/or women use this venue to bad mouth and trash our town, our team, our coach, our staff and one another. What a fine example is being set for the youth of our community. I am not always happy with the way things are done by others and sometimes I am a disappointed fan, but to speak in a public setting such as this with the tone and terminology towards others such as I have read is not only rude, wrong and unfair it is a bad example as well as chicken you know what since none of you say who you are. That right there tells me that you know what you are doing is wrong. But this I know…. What is done in secret will be revealed. Light always outshines the darkness and truth always reveals itself. I for one am not going to hide behind a blogger name because I am not ashamed of what I have to say.

As for the so called incidents that have happened, especially the Clinton vs. OR on our home field. Let me just ask all of you this. . . “Were any of you on the field?” No wait, let me say it another way. . . “Were any of you on the field, standing beside Coach Stevens when things were supposedly said or done?” I don’t think so! Do you want to know why I can say that, because my husband was! Scott Jenkins was on the field beside Coach Stevens that night and I was on the field within eye sight of them. Not only did the Clinton Parents set a bad example by marching on to our field, heading towards our goals posts to cost us yet another dollar if torn down, the Clinton Coaches started the bad mouthing, finger pointing and blatant threats toward Oak Ridge! One Clinton coach that used to work out at the Paragon with my husband called him out by name telling him to bring it on! It was at that point that I spoke up myself yelling “Do what’s right, hold our boys back, do not retaliate or respond to them.” I then turned to other OR Parents and yelled “Help Get Control!” I am utterly amazed at all the innuendos that have been made about this incident especially from those who could not possibly know the facts as they don’t even live here in Oak Ridge - Shame on you!

In reviewing this site, it appears it to be a great sight to keep up with schools and stats from all over our region but thanks to the negative, bad mouthing, name calling Oak Ridge Crowd it has been tainted to be a mudslinging forum! Come on people, grow up! Talk facts not fiction. Talk stats not static!

"Winning does not take place in the public's eye, but in the sweat and passion one displays.”

As far as I can see, weather we are 8 and 2 or 2 and 8, our boys who passionately sweat it out week after week, year after year, as coaches come and coaches go, as supporters moan or supporters clap. . They are winners!

My name is John Clark & I was on the field & heard your coach Stevens use profanity in anger, there were coaches, fans, kids & preachers standing near him -- It was unprofessional, uncalled for & shocking to the meek.. As for the Alumni venting on here.... remember, until the Democrats are in office-- free speech still stands, You think it's ok for Stevens to go off on the Clintonites... Why can't Ole Dad , Bounder & TnBreakers speak thier minds? Although I can't figure out what TN breakers is talking about.. But this is our forum.

Any questions?

That just about sums it up.

Back to football. Who might be a fullback? Will Irby play defensive line? Any receivers other than Coffey? Linebackers?

Where is that well informed youth pastor with the scouting report?

We'll have to wait until they strap on pads and see who starts separating from the pack. If you are an OR fan (and haven't written this season off yet, I really hope you haven't), you should look closely at who is going to carry the football and who is going to step up at LB. Both areas have the most question marks. The line should be pretty good this year with good depth. This spring I saw Irby working out with the linemen and taking snaps, fwiw. Another 3 weeks should tell us a lot. I will have to echo GoVols statement in that as I look across the street from my office, I see a group of young men who are working hard to have a successful season; they should have our support.

Good post, with good points, but, Susie, the problems that most people have with the current coach are not limited to the Clinton game, I have not nor will I post KNOWN details and situations concerning the coach or the current Board of Education that are common FACTS to alot of people. While that comment may seem unfair (by not giving details) that's the best I can do on a message board.

I do agree, that we need to support the kids, because thats what it's all about!!

Give all the kids trophies so little Johnnie’s feelings aren't hurt. You want facts? The fact is that Coach Stevens, and I use that term loosely, in three years has managed to have the worst winning percentage in Oak Ridge football history since 1950 despite the fact that he arrived to a loaded potential State Championship group of kids. And you will find out, as the other parents before you have, that it is the kids fault. You want work ethic comparisons? There are none! Gattis and Lussier worked year round to ensure that the team was prepared. Stevens shows up for the season if we are lucky. You wonder why the numbers of players are so far down? Ask the kids.

We are still support Oak Ridge Football and expect greatness and are all frustrated with a lack of commitment and effort by the staff to provide the experience and tradition that the current players and fans expect and deserve.

Ole Dad

Give all the kids trophies so little Johnnie’s feelings aren't hurt. You want facts? The fact is that Coach Stevens, and I use that term loosely, in three years has managed to have the worst winning percentage in Oak Ridge football history since 1950 despite the fact that he arrived to a loaded potential State Championship group of kids. And you will find out, as the other parents before you have, that it is the kids fault. You want work ethic comparisons? There are none! Gattis and Lussier worked year round to ensure that the team was prepared. Stevens shows up for the season if we are lucky. You wonder why the numbers of players are so far down? Ask the kids.

We are still support Oak Ridge Football and expect greatness and are all frustrated with a lack of commitment and effort by the staff to provide the experience and tradition that the current players and fans expect and deserve.

Ole Dad

Amen...