West TN basketball for 2008-09

coachgat

Can anyone give us an update on the many teams that are in the Memphis area as well as the rest of West TN? A, AA and AAA teams that have people on here let us know how your teams have been looking. 13AAA, 14AAA, 15AAA and 16AAA someone let us know how your teams did this summer and what new transfers you have if any.

From 14AAA Millington had a great summer. Bolton had a great summer as well. I'm not sure what any of the other schools did.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAA - will be Bolton and Millington of course. coachgat, don't be surprised to see that Millington team bringing home some gold this year, lol.

AA - All 3 teams reign from 13AA. Westview, Obion, and Gibson will all be competing for those 2 state tournament bids. Only 2 can go!

A - Bradford seems to be the cream of the crop here in West TN. Don't forget about Gleason though. They could make another run at the 'boro! Also, a team you might want to watch for is Morgan Faulkner and Madison Academic. Morgan is good enough on her own to take that team pretty far and with some help they might go a ways!

AAA - will be Bolton and Millington of course. coachgat, don't be surprised to see that Millington team bringing home some gold this year, lol.

AA - All 3 teams reign from 13AA. Westview, Obion, and Gibson will all be competing for those 2 state tournament bids. Only 2 can go!

A - Bradford seems to be the cream of the crop here in West TN. Don't forget about Gleason though. They could make another run at the 'boro! Also, a team you might want to watch for is Morgan Faulkner and Madison Academic. Morgan is good enough on her own to take that team pretty far and with some help they might go a ways!

AA- remember Marshall......

okay just rubbing it in a bit...dont get mad

read the topic... West TN basketball for 08-09.

Any team that shots 66% from the floor is going to win any game. Ya'll came out hot, we came out not. I'll remind you when we get a gold ball this year or next!

GC......don't get your hopes up just yet. Marshall County is the favorite to repeat, watched them at camp and they have better athletes than anyone else in AA. If Lauren March stays injury-free, they will be tough to beat.

Yea, I remember they only graduated a couple from last year. My hopes ain't completely up yet but I think we have a good shot at it. I know you saw our blow out game last year at state. I guarantee you if they don't shoot 66% from the floor and we half-way play our style of basketball that game is a whole lot closer. I also think Lauren March wins AA Ms. Basketball this year! She can play but I won't be surprised if Lashay Davis get's it.

BTW, I saw you a couple weekends ago at the UC tournament. My nephew was playing in the 7-8 machine pitch. Your son can pitch pretty well. His curve is nasty. I'm sure you know who I am by now so at one of these next few tournaments I might have to come up and say something to ya. Aren't ya'll playing in Dyer this week in 9-10 tournaments? If so tell me what time ya'll are playing and what days. See ya around.

read the topic... West TN basketball for 08-09.

Any team that shots 66% from the floor is going to win any game. Ya'll came out hot, we came out not. I'll remind you when we get a gold ball this year or next!

My comments were ment only as a joke. I think GC will be tough to beat. Marshall lost three starters, point, 2 and 3. They will find it hard to replace these scorers. The game should be tougher for March. I think GC has a great chance to win the championship. Just wanted to rub a little salt in an open wound.

In AAA West Tennessee you're listing Bolton up there with Millington? Come on. The team who will give Millington a run for their money in the Regionals is Central. Mark my words. They will be really tough this year. And don't count out Overton--they are young but experienced and very hungry.

In AAA West Tennessee you're listing Bolton up there with Millington? Come on. The team who will give Millington a run for their money in the Regionals is Central. Mark my words. They will be really tough this year. And don't count out Overton--they are young but experienced and very hungry.

Martell, Central is not in our region so we won't see them until substate, if we are both fortunate enough to make it. Bolton is in my district and of course my region. Bartlett should be really good again this year with their core returning and hopefully Lauren Croom healthy.

Central went to MTSU and did really well up there. Coach Bray does an excellent job of preparing her team and she has a bunch of talent. Overton has one of the toughest teams in the city also. I don't know a whole lot about them but from what I've gathered they are young but they have a lot of talent and a coach with a lot of fire.

I think Whitestation, Melrose, Central, Collierville, Cordova, Bartlett, Bolton and Millington are returning the majority of their team if not all from last year. I'm not sure about anyone else. Martell do you know about the other schools?