AAA and Div II Predictions

hamlet7478

It appears ORHS is getting closer all the time, a tie or 1 goal game is obviously a game where both teams were evenly matched, evidentally both teams know how to play defense.

ORHS always delivers a quality match. Never had an issue with a call that impacted any of the games. OJ is a quality coach, a stand up guy and always puts on a good event over the Labor Day weekend. Every match we played, he always extended a warm handshake to me, pre & post game. The same is said for his assistant.

Trenna is a good player and was obviously marked well during our matches. Yes, she did manage to get score this year despite being marked. A quality player.

The point I replied to was that the clip did not share any player who emulated Trenna, rather two shots that were mishandled by a keeper and cleaned up by a forward, something any forward should be able to do. That young lady may hang the moon, but she didn't in the video, nor did she at either game against Collierville this year. Bottom line, Trenna's departure has left a large void, and based on what limited time I saw ORHS play (their tournament, Rivals Tournament & states), Trenna appeared to BE the offense. She will be hard to replace.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ORHS always delivers a quality match. Never had an issue with a call that impacted any of the games. OJ is a quality coach, a stand up guy and always puts on a good event over the Labor Day weekend. Every match we played, he always extended a warm handshake to me, pre & post game. The same is said for his assistant.

Trenna is a good player and was obviously marked well during our matches. Yes, she did manage to get score this year despite being marked. A quality player.

The point I replied to was that the clip did not share any player who emulated Trenna, rather two shots that were mishandled by a keeper and cleaned up by a forward, something any forward should be able to do. That young lady may hang the moon, but she didn't in the video, nor did she at either game against Collierville this year. Bottom line, Trenna's departure has left a large void, and based on what limited time I saw ORHS play (their tournament, Rivals Tournament & states), Trenna appeared to BE the offense. She will be hard to replace.

Yes, Trenna will be hard to replace. I am not sure anyone said that player in the video hung the moon. Not emulating Trenna, just that it was someone other than Trenna. Sometimes when a team has a standout player like Trenna other players are overlooked, or a coach works their offense using the standout player as the target for offense and when double or triple marked hard to score or get the ball to others. I think sometimes having a player like Trenna can hurt a team just as much as it helps a team.

Happy to see a lot of discussion from one district in the East. How about the Middle? You guys are really silent. One could make the point that there are more outstanding teams from the Middle part of the State than anywhere else.

For example, as a soccer fan, I am interested in the Franklin team. I thought that at the end of last year they seemed to be as strong as anyone. They got knocked out of the State tourney last year (by Siegel?). Will they rebound this year? Are they going to be as strong, or nearly as strong as last year?

Any other good story lines from the Middle?

Middle Tennessee will be as competitive as ever. Franklin will continue to do well and so will Brentwood. Ravenwood continues to improve their program and Siegel will be strong even after losing key seniors. BGA lost an outstanding keeper but Susannah Dennis will give opponents fits. CPA made a great run at state with their new coach and FRA will continue to produce. Looking forward to exciting times in Middle Tennessee once again!

Yes, Trenna will be hard to replace. I am not sure anyone said that player in the video hung the moon. Not emulating Trenna, just that it was someone other than Trenna. Sometimes when a team has a standout player like Trenna other players are overlooked, or a coach works their offense using the standout player as the target for offense and when double or triple marked hard to score or get the ball to others. I think sometimes having a player like Trenna can hurt a team just as much as it helps a team.

You are right on target! Bottom line that Canes is forgetting it takes a full team of good players for even a player of Trennas caliber to excel.

"both teams know how to play defense" ...when the record is 5-0-1, seems like the favor is obviously tipped in one (and only one) direction

However, I doubt seriously you have the same team from 5-6 years ago. Bottom line every year is a new year, and every year is a new opportunity for each team. What is done in the past is the past, kudos to your team for their success against Oak Ridge, I have no doubt they will be looking to get even each and every year. The question I have is how many times have you beat Bearden? How many State Championships have you won? If you must brag, brag on how successful you have been against all top competition not just one team.

However, I doubt seriously you have the same team from 5-6 years ago. Bottom line every year is a new year, and every year is a new opportunity for each team. What is done in the past is the past, kudos to your team for their success against Oak Ridge, I have no doubt they will be looking to get even each and every year. The question I have is how many times have you beat Bearden? How many State Championships have you won? If you must brag, brag on how successful you have been against all top competition not just one team.

Hey Einstein, check the dates of those games, they fell within the last 3-4 years. We play at least once, if not twice a year. Oddly, the class of 2008 carried a lot of those varsity squads.

Yes, each year we battle, each year we carry the same target on our back and last year we played an entire season without a defeat until the last two minutes of the state final. Even the team that won the State championship cannot share the same.

Bearden is a great side, We have played them twice in the last two years, both times in the state Championship game. In the last 3 years we have played in the State finals three times, and have walked away with the trophy once to answer your question.

like I said, everyone looks at the same thing and sees something different.

I saw a keeper mishandle two balls. Other than that, not much else could be evaluated to validate or invalidate your comments.

Best of Luck this season.

So what are your qualifications to be an evaluator? No one ever said that the keeper didn't mis-handle the ball on those 2 occasions. What they are trying to get thru to you, no matter how the scoring opportunity arose, the girl who scored those 2 goals, did her job. She performed according to the way she was trained, in the right spot at the right time, crashing the goal looking for a loose ball to put in the net. In your high expertice as a soccer evaluator, give the girl credit for not giving up and crashing the goal. I wonder sometimes if some of you posters ever played the game with the critical comments. I can tell you based on someone who did play in high school and college and for fun as an adult, players understand how difficult it is at times to score, and they do respect the other players who score goals, whether it is 2 or 40.

like I said, everyone looks at the same thing and sees something different.

I saw a keeper mishandle two balls. Other than that, not much else could be evaluated to validate or invalidate your comments.

Best of Luck this season.

Becuase of all the discussion here I decided to look at the video. Canes, I think the keeper probably wishes she had gathered the first shot, but it looks like the keeper makes a nice diving tip on the second shot forcing the ball off the post. The aforementioned, alert OR player is there to tap it home with her head. Nice play.

What do you think?

Becuase of all the discussion here I decided to look at the video. Canes, I think the keeper probably wishes she had gathered the first shot, but it looks like the keeper makes a nice diving tip on the second shot forcing the ball off the post. The aforementioned, alert OR player is there to tap it home with her head. Nice play.

What do you think?

Perhaps everyone should watch it again. One the second goal, the keeper deflects the ball (likely with an open hand rather than a closed fist) into the post. The ball lands near the ORHS opponent and she heads the ball.....back to the keeper who then SWATS the ball back into the goal. She didn't tap it HOME, she tapped it right back to the Keeper ..who SWATS it into the goal.

Everyone looks at the video and sees different things. Others have commented you need to be a player to appreciate it soccer. Point taken. You also need to be a spectator to appreciate what you are seeing, not what you want to see.