Reginald Buckner

Icy

To be honest Yomomma mostly everyone on this board agrees, if Buckner stays with the Y or waits till State Tournament time to commit he would be one of best players in the Nation AT LEAST Top 50. He was getting interest from top schools, but he obviously liked Ole Miss and also Leslie has been on Memphis' main elie program War Eagles/Y since he was like 13 or 14. I believe they have a couple top 5 finishes maybe a championship or two so of course Leslie is going to be noticed before Buckner who's been the Hoopers team for most of his career.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Yomomma mostly everyone on this board agrees, if Buckner stays with the Y or waits till State Tournament time to commit he would be one of best players in the Nation AT LEAST Top 50. He was getting interest from top schools, but he obviously liked Ole Miss and also Leslie has been on Memphis' main elie program War Eagles/Y since he was like 13 or 14. I believe they have a couple top 5 finishes maybe a championship or two so of course Leslie is going to be noticed before Buckner who's been the Hoopers team for most of his career.

I understand what you are saying, but if Reggie is not being recruited by the big dogs now, he certainly will not be recruited after the year. He committed early, which was a wise decision. My point here is the big dog colleges already know about the freshmen that will be big time. They start so early that when you are senior it is too late. I dont think that if Buckner would have played his senior year then committed more teams would offer. That is just my opinion.

The reason being is working the UT Elite camp this summer the coaches knew already who the top notch freshmen and sophomores were in the country and most were at their elite camp. McDonald was on somebody's radar when he was young. Buckner is a good player, but your statement about Buckner not being on the scene as much as McDonald is probably due to the talent and recognition McDonald was receiving. Whe you are good the colleges know it even when you are freshmen. Buckner is a good player so why are people saying he is big time. He signed with Ole Miss. That is nto big time and the question about McDonald and Buckner needs to stop. You cannot compare! Ole Miss vs. USA c'mon!

I understand what you are saying, but if Reggie is not being recruited by the big dogs now, he certainly will not be recruited after the year. He committed early, which was a wise decision. My point here is the big dog colleges already know about the freshmen that will be big time. They start so early that when you are senior it is too late. I dont think that if Buckner would have played his senior year then committed more teams would offer. That is just my opinion.

The reason being is working the UT Elite camp this summer the coaches knew already who the top notch freshmen and sophomores were in the country and most were at their elite camp. McDonald was on somebody's radar when he was young. Buckner is a good player, but your statement about Buckner not being on the scene as much as McDonald is probably due to the talent and recognition McDonald was receiving. Whe you are good the colleges know it even when you are freshmen. Buckner is a good player so why are people saying he is big time. He signed with Ole Miss. That is nto big time and the question about McDonald and Buckner needs to stop. You cannot compare! Ole Miss vs. USA c'mon!

Buckner didn'even tryout for team USA neither did John Jenkins but that doesnt make leslie 2 times better then John(actually rankings have john over leslie) and john is commited to Vandy but he got a invitation to the skills camp when leslie didn't so you cant really go off of that stuff. Stephen Curry is a great example he only got a walk-on spot on virgina tech(which aint big-time) and he is doing better then most kids in his class. Demarcus Cousins is rated WAY higher the Leslie on almost every site and he is committed to UAB(also not big time) And it just so happens that reggie didnt play for a good AAU team so he didnt get exposure the 2nd he did play for a good AAU team he gets ranked in the top 90. You can be the best player on the earth if you are not getting any exposure it doesn't matter. So before you start talking out the side of ur neck you need to do some research.

Buckner didn'even tryout for team USA neither did John Jenkins but that doesnt make leslie 2 times better then John(actually rankings have john over leslie) and john is commited to Vandy but he got a invitation to the skills camp when leslie didn't so you cant really go off of that stuff. Stephen Curry is a great example he only got a walk-on spot on virgina tech(which aint big-time) and he is doing better then most kids in his class. Demarcus Cousins is rated WAY higher the Leslie on almost every site and he is committed to UAB(also not big time) And it just so happens that reggie didnt play for a good AAU team so he didnt get exposure the 2nd he did play for a good AAU team he gets ranked in the top 90. You can be the best player on the earth if you are not getting any exposure it doesn't matter. So before you start talking out the side of ur neck you need to do some research.

Of the Unapproved Website top 5 basketball players none of them even tryed out.

Actually i dont even anybody in the top 10 tryed out except for lance stephenson.

Actually i dont even anybody in the top 10 tryed out except for lance stephenson.

Exposure, Exposure, Exposure.....that is why Leslie McDonald is playing big time college ball??? Dude he is good! If you are good, colleges will find you. Dont blame it on exposure!! The guy can play and is way out of Buckner's league. Buckner is good but I dont think he is the best in 1A. He is a great shot blocker and is very athletic. McDonald can do all that and more! Dont bring the exposure card to the table. Good excuse but not good enough! McDonald is way better than Buckner. I will be waiting on another good excuse!!

I think Buckner might not even win Mr. Basketball in 1A. Sexton is the real deal and alot people know it!

Exposure, Exposure, Exposure.....that is why Leslie McDonald is playing big time college ball??? Dude he is good! If you are good, colleges will find you. Dont blame it on exposure!! The guy can play and is way out of Buckner's league. Buckner is good but I dont think he is the best in 1A. He is a great shot blocker and is very athletic. McDonald can do all that and more! Dont bring the exposure card to the table. Good excuse but not good enough! McDonald is way better than Buckner. I will be waiting on another good excuse!!

I think Buckner might not even win Mr. Basketball in 1A. Sexton is the real deal and alot people know it!

Why did McDonald fall from the top 10 to something like 50 in the rankings? Why did Buckner get ranked nationally by only playing a hand full of AAU games? Buckner has more upside than Leslie. The previous post isn't an excuse, its a fact. Buckner has had really good games against some of the top players in the country this year and that is one of the main reason he got ranked so quickly. Leslie has decline this year compared to the previous years and that is a fact. (uninspired basketball) Leslie offense is good, but his defense is below average or average. Buckner offense and defense is really good. Buckner can have a major impact against a team by his defense alone whereas Leslie can't or haven't shown that he can defensively. If Leslie offense isn't working, you can't expect him to have a major impact on defense. When both players play in college, you will see who will have the best impact on their team. Leslie will be a good college player, but in order for him to make it to the NBA, he has to become a point guard. I hope that NC help him become a point guard because playing the 2 position at his height might be a tremendous problem for him pass his college career. I know that the NBA is far off right now, so I hope he work on that part of his game.

Buckner has dominated all classes this past year from A, AA, To AAA. He has dominated them all including that illegal prep in Nashville.

Wow just get off the board dude you clearly dont know about basketball and its process Sexton couldnt even wear Buckners jock strap. I like how you completely over looked my facts. You dont even have anything to go by you just saying what you are saying cause you like leslie better(cause you clearly dont know anything bout basketball). And yes exposure is the reason why he is playing big time college ball cause if you dont get an your not gunna get noticed they wont just magically find you that why Sexton isn't even getting half the attention buckner is getting.

Thats straight up BULL man. Exposure is everything and I don't want to hear all that about Coaches will find you if you're good enough. If Player A averages 19 ppg, 4 ast, 3 reb, is 6'4/6'5 combo guard BUT He PLAYS FOR THE YOMCA, don't you think if player B averages maybe 15 ppg, 8 reb, and 4 Blks, is 6'8, but he plays for a lesser AAU team that doesn't travel much who do you think the coaches will really find? Tell me your honest opinion, and Reggie owns Sexton no matter how you put it!

Reggie does own Sexton. Sexton may be the best player in Chattanooga but he definately ain't the best player in 1A in Tennessee. Buckner wins A Mr. Basketball easily! If Sexton was THAT MUCH better than Buckner don't you figure he would've gotten a Mr. Basketball nomination before Buckner? Exactly. Sexton may be good in the Chattanooga area but he'd be an average player in Memphis.

I'll say that Leslie and Reggie are the 2 best in Tennessee. I'm not going to say who is better than who because they're both awesome players. They both have the advantages on each other. Leslie is AWESOME for his size and heigth. Reggie is good as he should be with his heigth and size. Once Reggie get's to Ole Miss after this season and get's on the weights alot more he'll be a BEAST in college!

why debate with this guy he got 21 post. he a rookie. i wont waste my time lol!!

• 2 weeks later...

Buckner is the real thing, he has a huge upside as well. He is big , long, and athletic He is not as skilled as McDonald but he may be the better prospect. Will he develop that @ Ole Miss? I wish I could say yea but I don't know

McDonald is a real good skilled athletic player. When Briaircrest came to DC a few years ago he came off the bench as a freshman and had a nice dunk and some great plays we all knew he would be big time.

I think right know McDonald is better, but Buckner has the ability to be better.