Prep Magazines

jrlcm

But what about doing a capsule on a high school that wasn't even open last year. That's lazy & poor journalism.

Nobody contacted our school about any information or even sent us a questionnaire. I know because I am the one that handles that for our school. Once again, that's lazy and poor journalism. Do your homework or don't say that your book covers all of TN when it doesn't.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what happens when you get Georgia writers trying to write a book on Tennessee football. Even though the article did give a couple of locations on where to find the book (granted there were not any of the locations in Chattanooga, even though it was a Chattanoogan.com article), I did find one at BooksAMillion. Funny, I wonder why the game between #4 & #13 in your statewide 25 teams didn't make your top 20 games to see list, the name of the article should have been "The Best 20 Rivalry Games to See". It would have been more appropriate. Way to go Herbst, go back to Walker County where you belong.

I would imagine that there is not a single high school preseason magazine that is 100% accurate. There is not enough time, staff or money to cover the entire state with due diligence.

A friends son plays lineman for a local high school and one of this year's high school magazines has him listed as an All-Knox County Linebacker.

Take these magazines for some brief capsule of information that it is, but not the Tennessee High School Football Bible.

Murphy Fair's 21st annual Tennessee High School Football magazine is out and available all over the state. In addition, Murphy will mail one directly to you if you wish. Retail locations and Murphy's address are online at MurphyFair.com.

In KNoxville the Murphy Fair magazine is available at Border's location near West Town Mall and the Turkey Creek store. Got mine yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

The VSM was OK last year but it was full of inaccurate things from the teams in Memphis. They had one of our DE's as a DB and had listed a team listed from a school that wasn't even open last year just to name a few. Do your homework if you want people to buy the book statewide. It didn't hold any credibility with me.

From a graphics and layout standpoint it's first class, but from a substance standpoint, the high school section is chocked full of mistakes and inaccuracies; it's laughable.