Five Rivers Conference

DCHS

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who controls the conference this year? Mo. West? Who makes the playoffs? Who could be the dark horse this year.

If there is one team that can beat East--West--and Greenevile I would think they would be the dark horse and also

controling the conference. On August 22 we will see two teams play out of ccnference games , West--Catholic

and Greeneville--Jeff County . There is not a lot of difference in the teams from the top to the bottom and any team

can win if they get the breaks. East--West-and Greeneville I believe are the 3 teams to beat to win the conference.

If there is one team that can beat East--West--and Greenevile I would think they would be the dark horse and also

controling the conference. On August 22 we will see two teams play out of ccnference games , West--Catholic

and Greeneville--Jeff County . There is not a lot of difference in the teams from the top to the bottom and any team

can win if they get the breaks. East--West-and Greeneville I believe are the 3 teams to beat to win the conference.

IF greenville got greenway back then expect big things from them this year.

East i havent heard anything about?????? What do they look like??

West Could lead this confernce, they always have athletes on both sides of the ball.

I think there will be alot of sleepers in this confernces starting wit Cherokee an Crockett.

Just wait and see. Seasons just right around the corner.

Word around town is that Greenway is ready to go. Can someone like Cherokee really run with Greeneville and the Morristown schools? Is the East coach gonna make any bold predictions again this year? I heard that last year he said, "We will finnish 1st, West will be 2nd, and put everyone elses name in a hat and pour them out, and thats how they will finnish." Thats funny

I think the top 3 teams on paper GHS, MW, and ME will fight it out for the various top 3 spots. DCHS you are right about the 4th spot. What a DOG fight. Could be Volunteer, Crockett, Boone or even Cherokee. I believe CCHS is a few years away. I'm going to pick DCHS for one big reason. They are due.

Word around town is that Greenway is ready to go. Can someone like Cherokee really run with Greeneville and the Morristown schools? Is the East coach gonna make any bold predictions again this year? I heard that last year he said, "We will finnish 1st, West will be 2nd, and put everyone elses name in a hat and pour them out, and thats how they will finnish." Thats funny

I think that put a jinx on us. We had a ton of injuries to key guys all year. I can promise you will not hear any predictions from the staff or fans from East. We will be good because we bring back alot of guys who started last year. They may not have been projected starters but ended up that way. As far as a prediction, I will not make one. I think we can contend if we stay healthy. IF!!