Five Rivers Conference

DCHS

I think that put a jinx on us. We had a ton of injuries to key guys all year. I can promise you will not hear any predictions from the staff or fans from East. We will be good because we bring back alot of guys who started last year. They may not have been projected starters but ended up that way. As far as a prediction, I will not make one. I think we can contend if we stay healthy. IF!!

Cane, I picked Greeneville last year. Not this year. It's back to Motown. I like East's QB and backfield. Same for West. East has the speed. West had more potential. East's offensive scheme is lame for a good D. Unsure about West's scheme. D will determine the champ. My gut says West even though I want to say East. Will be a dogfight. Greenville would be my number one choice if the backup QB would start. Greeneway's all about me. I've lost confidence in him.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cane, I picked Greeneville last year. Not this year. It's back to Motown. I like East's QB and backfield. Same for West. East has the speed. West had more potential. East's offensive scheme is lame for a good D. Unsure about West's scheme. D will determine the champ. My gut says West even though I want to say East. Will be a dogfight. Greenville would be my number one choice if the backup QB would start. Greeneway's all about me. I've lost confidence in him.

I agree somewhat with you take on East's offensive scheme. We had alot of injuries to key players last year,

which lead too our offensive problems. Cane 72, what changes has East's coaches made on offense?

Will we have a passing game? We got to find away too combat 8-9 men in the box.

The talent is their, will we be the East's of 2006 or the East's of 2007.

Go Canes!

I agree somewhat with you take on East's offensive scheme. We had alot of injuries to key players last year,

which lead too our offensive problems. Cane 72, what changes has East's coaches made on offense?

Will we have a passing game? We got to find away too combat 8-9 men in the box.

The talent is their, will we be the East's of 2006 or the East's of 2007.

Go Canes!

I don't discount Greeneville as they are always tough. It is hard to tell

what West will be doing any different this year that will help or hurt their

place in the Conference finish.

If East does not have early problems like last year , I would put them as

the leader this year. East looks bigger,stronger,and faster than last year.

I do think they will throw the ball enough to stop the overloading of the

line of srimmage.

The team with the best defense and can make half time adjustments will

be hard to handle.

Which team will have the best backfeild in the Conference. East has a soild runner in Blayton, Greenville has Barner. West has a good Rising Junior and always has depth. Boone will be Boone behind Coach Jennkins. Crockett is going to have a solid back feild. Cherokee i dont know about. Cocke County doesnt sound to good. Volunteer is unkonwn to me.

Which team will have the best backfeild in the Conference. East has a soild runner in Blayton, Greenville has Barner. West has a good Rising Junior and always has depth. Boone will be Boone behind Coach Jennkins. Crockett is going to have a solid back feild. Cherokee i dont know about. Cocke County doesnt sound to good. Volunteer is unkonwn to me.

Well I'm voting for Greeneville. They have a 3 headed monster in the backfield. Everyone knows about Barner, but the other guy is back as well. I think he is faster than Barner. He is definantly bigger. He's about 6'0" 195. Oh yeah we got that Greenway guy too, he's not really a push over.

Well I'm voting for Greeneville. They have a 3 headed monster in the backfield. Everyone knows about Barner, but the other guy is back as well. I think he is faster than Barner. He is definantly bigger. He's about 6'0" 195. Oh yeah we got that Greenway guy too, he's not really a push over.

You are correct! The other guy Mr. Hall runs a legite 4.5, I believe Barner is 4.6 but his quickness and heart is off the measuring stick. Don't forget the Fillers men at wideout.

Its hard to vote against Greeneville for the Best backfield when they return all there weapons on offense. When you have Barner who rushed for 1,400 + yards, Hall who rushed for 430, and Greenway who rushed for 410 that pretty amazing. I hope to see Hall getting some more carries this year, it just all depends on how much coach McCurry will let him play both ways

• 3 weeks later...

I think I might pull this one up every week during the season ,Comp, just to see you squirm. I think after a game or 2 your confidence in Greenway might return.

I just dont see how volunteer could be a dangerous?

dude quit hating. im sorry you havent been able to overcome the hump and beat us the past few years. Volunteer is dangerous because of the coaching staff. a lot of natural talent may not come through ( quite a bit does though ). The coaches work with what they have and mold these guys into great players. Honestly Coach Rider would be my pick for the best coach in the conference. I mean can you ask for a better football family haha his father is one of the winnigest coaches in TN high school history. He played at VT and his nephew is Jason Witten. If thats not devout football i dont know what is. HE is the reason Volunteer is dangerous. From day one he preaches that anything is possible, and that you can beat anyone. By saying this im not taking anything away from the actual players cause we definitly have some great ball players.

dude quit hating. im sorry you havent been able to overcome the hump and beat us the past few years. Volunteer is dangerous because of the coaching staff. a lot of natural talent may not come through ( quite a bit does though ). The coaches work with what they have and mold these guys into great players. Honestly Coach Rider would be my pick for the best coach in the conference. I mean can you ask for a better football family haha his father is one of the winnigest coaches in TN high school history. He played at VT and his nephew is Jason Witten. If thats not devout football i dont know what is. HE is the reason Volunteer is dangerous. From day one he preaches that anything is possible, and that you can beat anyone. By saying this im not taking anything away from the actual players cause we definitly have some great ball players.

Volunteer will be better than what they should be, they will be well coached.

You have forgotten that his other nephew Shawn who is the head coach at Elizabethton. He also played at Tech.