Morgan Country Football

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked with Coach Shoe at the outdoor show yesterday and he seems excited about going to camp at Tech this week. He was handing out schedules and selling a few drinks. He said that the camp would answer alot of questions about who would play were etc.

I did watch some of their 7 on 7 with Sunbright last week and both Trout and Daugherty were throwing the ball well. They can throw and catch pretty well as a group. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when they get the pads on. As has been noted, lots of excitement.

Getitandgo... I'm glad coach Shoemaker is excited too. I guess We will know who is going to do what next week. I think that's when they are startin pads? not sure though. I hope the boys get alot done at the camp, because I know alot of people are like me and would love to see the boys turn it around. and I think the mindset is that they want to change it. Best of luck boys.

Heard a rumor from a couple of sources that Coach Strickland at Oakdale has resigned and gone to Knoxville Christian. Was wondering if anyone has heard the same rumor and can anyone confirm or deny. If true, a bad thing for Oakdale. They were moving in the right direction.

They were moving in the wrong direction with Strickland. Less than 15 kids came out in the spring and there were rumors there would be no team at Oakdale this season if he stayed. He left a sinking ship. Hopefully it will right itself with a new leader.

Scott County opens with Watburg. A buddy of mine down in Wartburg said they got a big lineman from Crossville. Anybody know anything about this? How will this game play out? Think I might go catch the scrimmage with Watburg and Sunbrite. Heard it was next Thursday.

Wartburg will be better, slowly but surly.. Just give coach shoe sometime to build it.. He has the most work ethic iv seen, and would do anything for anyone of the kids, he is a terrific father, teacher and coach... a true asset for Morgan county and should be considered again for best Morgan county teacher of the year. Coach shoe is what you call a model person. I have nothing to say about coach shoe that’s negative except, the hill! LOL thanks for everything you have taught and still teaching us in life

Ask_me I haven't heard anything about a new lineman, but I will ask next time I see one of my bulldogs. Gibson You are completely right. Nothing but class from Coach Shoemaker. I was hoping he would take the job last year, and was disappointed when he didn't. Now he has his chance as the Head Coach, I think the players will respond well and have a good year.