sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally didn't take anything you said as trying to tear down, others may have, but I thought you brought up some interesting questions and points. I do think that you got a little caught up in a battle of words with slobber, but you were not the first and probably won't be the last! LOL! I think it is good that we can question some things from time to time, I personally think that shows concern for the program. I have agreed with every poster on here at one time or another, even if I disagree with some of them a lot of time. That is the difference of opinions, and although I may not agree with some of the posts, I do respect them for their posts. Anyway, glad to hear that the coaches are involving the younger kids in the practices. This will go a long way in providing depth and building towards years to come. With the off week, is anyone planning on attending other games? Meigs goes to Central and that is where a lot of people will probably wind up, just curious what everybody is doing in the off week. I'm kind of debating on making the trip to Sunbright to watch Greenback because my wife has some relatives that play for Greenback. If I don't go there I will probably wind up at Central. There was some concern about the cramping situation in the Sweetwater game, but there was less in the G-P game, so I figure most of it in the first game was because of the humidity and may not have been that preventable. If it was due to conditioning, maybe this extra week will help resolve it. Good luck Chiefs, players, staff, and fans.

Meigs and Central will be a good one to watch to see what the Chiefs have to face. I will be in Tellico to watch the mountain boys from both Tellico and Grundy. Should be a better game score-wise than Central-Meigs, but the play won't be near the same caliber.

Good post, I agree totally, and maybe should have put my feeling more in these words on the other thread. Sorry for all the rambling over there, I think I got caught up in more than just SQ football, there is a deeper rooted problem in which I really don't need to be apart of. Sorry to anyone that I may have offended. I'm not trying to tear down this staff or team I will suport them all the way as I have in the past. I was simply stating what I saw and felt about the GP game. GO CHIEFS

No need to apologize. Seems that you were just stating what you saw in that 1 game. From reading the post on here I don't think anyone is calling for the coaches to be fired or any thing like that. As a matter of fact I think most everyone on here has stated that they are supporting Coach S. I think we all realize that this program needs to settle down & have some consistancy about it. Folks commenting on a game is just what it is. Thats what this website is about. I would think that Coach S. would rather have the negative talk over a game be aimed at him, rather than being aimed at any of his players!. There is a poster on here that seems to have a personal vandetta against another. Seems to use any post he can to throw a insult. Even in sly round about ways he uses kids to do this. This is no place for that. We are where we are now and I think most have accepted that. We all want to see the boys do good & we all want to see the coaches be succesfull it kind of goes hand in hand. Talking about the games what went right & what went wrong is part of it. There will be different opinions, again part of it, but leave the personel attacks & agendas at home. GO CHIEFS!

Meigs and Central will be a good one to watch to see what the Chiefs have to face. I will be in Tellico to watch the mountain boys from both Tellico and Grundy. Should be a better game score-wise than Central-Meigs, but the play won't be near the same caliber.

Big region game in Chattanooga tonight. Polk Co. vs East Ridge. This will be a good game to watch. Long drive though. I think this game may set the stage for how this region will play out.

Go Wingman! (always wanted t do that!) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats funny!!!

Big region game in Chattanooga tonight. Polk Co. vs East Ridge. This will be a good game to watch. Long drive though. I think this game may set the stage for how this region will play out.

Thats funny!!!

I haven't heard anyone talk about the special teams this year. Looks like we are much impoved. Rodgers, is puntting well (not real long, but has good hang time for good coverage) and the big boy doing the place kicking duties seems to have a much stronger leg than last year, and both coverage and return teams are much more solid. Good job guys. Go Cheifs!!!

War Chief

Are you going to a game tonight? If so where?

No need to apologize. Seems that you were just stating what you saw in that 1 game. From reading the post on here I don't think anyone is calling for the coaches to be fired or any thing like that. As a matter of fact I think most everyone on here has stated that they are supporting Coach S. I think we all realize that this program needs to settle down & have some consistancy about it. Folks commenting on a game is just what it is. Thats what this website is about. I would think that Coach S. would rather have the negative talk over a game be aimed at him, rather than being aimed at any of his players!. There is a poster on here that seems to have a personal vandetta against another. Seems to use any post he can to throw a insult. Even in sly round about ways he uses kids to do this. This is no place for that. We are where we are now and I think most have accepted that. We all want to see the boys do good & we all want to see the coaches be succesfull it kind of goes hand in hand. Talking about the games what went right & what went wrong is part of it. There will be different opinions, again part of it, but leave the personel attacks & agendas at home. GO CHIEFS!

Very well put. I believe someone has finally hit the nail on the head.

Cant wait to see all the future chiefs in action tomorrow. I hope all the players have great games

GO DEVILS

I'm ready for tomorrow also, should be some great games tomorrow. Everybody keep A. Ford in your prayers, he's a first year Hopper from Madisonvile, he tore his ACL this past Tuesday.