Bowl Games

TnTies

Does anyone know any red tape that you have to go through to host a bowl game? Somebody once said that you have to get an OK from the TSSAA. Is there any qualifications to make a team "bowl elgible"? Anyone that has any information on all that needs to be done to host a bowl game please let me know. Thanks.

Does anyone know any red tape that you have to go through to host a bowl game? Somebody once said that you have to get an OK from the TSSAA. Is there any qualifications to make a team "bowl elgible"? Anyone that has any information on all that needs to be done to host a bowl game please let me know. Thanks.

My understanding is that for a team to be bowl eligible the team has to:

a.) Participate as a playoff contender. In other words, teams that do not compete to play in the playoffs at season end can not play in a bowl game either.

b.) Teams must win at least 5 games to be bowl eligible.

c.) Teams cannot participate in a bowl game if they qualify for the playoffs.

As for how to host a bowl game, I can't answer that one for you.

My understanding is that for a team to be bowl eligible the team has to:

a.) Participate as a playoff contender. In other words, teams that do not compete to play in the playoffs at season end can not play in a bowl game either.

b.) Teams must win at least 5 games to be bowl eligible.

c.) Teams cannot participate in a bowl game if they qualify for the playoffs.

As for how to host a bowl game, I can't answer that one for you.

This doesnt make sense. You first said you cant compete in a bowl if you do not compete in the playoffs at season end then you said teams cant participate in a bowl game if they qualify for the playoffs.???

A and C dont make sense..this is saying no team can play in a bowl?

you got to have plenty of money,money,money,money,mo money,and most of all have money.oh yea what they said to.

I think what he is meaning is a team must be competing during the season to earn a playoff berth, if they do not (for example T.S.D.) then they can not play in a bowl game. Then if a team does compete for the playoffs and then doesn't make the playoffs, then they are elgible for the bowl games.

Yes, this is what I was meaning.

• 3 months later...

Can anyone that is hosting a bowl game answer this and let us know how to get approval or whatever needs to be done to host a bowl game? Thanks to any and all responses.

In response to your question on the OS/Sunbright thread, this game is pretty much just a glorified fundraiser for both teams. In order to get a game like this approved you have to get T$$AA's approval and state the reasoning behind wanting to have the game. In sunbright's case, the former coach had ran up the bills by ordering equipment without having the funds so this game was requested to help out with financial problems.

In response to your question on the OS/Sunbright thread, this game is pretty much just a glorified fundraiser for both teams. In order to get a game like this approved you have to get T$$AA's approval and state the reasoning behind wanting to have the game. In sunbright's case, the former coach had ran up the bills by ordering equipment without having the funds so this game was requested to help out with financial problems.

Great. Thanks for your response, that answers my questions. Appreciate you posting this. Good luck and hope you have a good turnout.