Milan

theplayer

Sometimes in the heat of an argument....Things are said ....or Lines are crossed that SHOULD NOT BE CROSSED....And in my "discussion or argument of public/privates I CROSSED A MAJOR LINE when I brought up the subject of the death of Tito Lee....Without a doubt Tito Lee had people/classmates/family that loved him....It is apparent by the response of two former classmates/alumni who knew the young man...

All I know about Tito Lee is what I read/heard....I didn't know the young man personally ....And to say the things about a person who isn't here to defend himself is WRONG....

The things I said after much thought were WRONG of me...And to all Brentwood Academy Eagles past and present I APOLOGIZE for my remarks about Tito Lee... Saying "He couldn't read or write was wrong"....I know Tito had problems getting into college and that is all I know from what I have been told and what I read in Sports Illustrated

To Biggs47 and Mark86 I apologize for my UN-SENSITIVE remarks about the Late Tito Lee...

Suicide is a terrible thing and Tito apparently was a fine young man and an outstanding football player...

Again..PLEASE FORGIVE me for my crude remarks about Tito Lee....They were totally out of line...I meant NO HARM... That was a classless thing to do...I am sorry...

SRV - no hard feelings, it's all good, apology accepted - you love and support and Milan, there's no harm in that. We as adults just get carried away in our support for our schools. As for Milan/BA that's a tough argument.

nwtnsports - good luck to the bulldogs this year, you guys are a great community - i love watching games in your town, yall have awesome support - I hope you guys can knock off Goodpasture and meet up with Alcoa, it would be a heck of a matchup

Ok..This is THE WAY I SEE IT....

If Tucker could get ANY kid he wanted out of Gibson County...Why did Humboldt go 14-0 and win the State Championship in 79?...Milan was undefeated in 77....AND NAME ME ONE GREAT PLAYER MILAN HAD WHO WAS FROM OUTSIDE GIBSON COUNTY?....I don't think Tucker had kids from Haywood, Hardeman, or Crockett County playing for him did he?...If I am wrong...NAME SOME NAMES.... Never said you said Tucker wasn't a great coach but THERE IS NO PUBLIC SCHOOL THAT CAN COMPETE WITH THESE "SO CALLED PRIVATES" for great players..."MONEY TALKS"...

And WHEN I SAY BA can get ANY KID THEY WANT.......heck, Bubba Miller was FROM FRANKLIN....The TUITION is HIGH at those schools...and you think that most "REALLY GOOD ATHLETES" have THAT KIND OF MONEY... WHAT DID BUBBA MILLER"S PARENTS DO FOR A LIVING?...I don't think they made ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY HIS WAY TO BA....I am sure "They have special SCHOLARSHIPS for those players dont' you think?....Or they might have a SPECIAL JOB for the father of one of the kids... Just like MUS or CHRISTIAN BROTHERS.THERE IS SOME KIND OF "FINANCIAL AID MADE AVAILABLE......and as far as Tucker RECRUITING....You had Trenton, Humboldt and Milan...Never HEARD of one kid going from Humboldt or Trenton to play for Tucker Don't say it didn't happen but Humboldt was a POWER for years..so if Tucker got to CHERRY PICK Gibson County then...why was Humboldt so good?......Like I said...I heard that on The Late Larry Smith...But someone from Milan corrected me on that today...HE WAS FROM MILAN...

Brentwood Academy has always had LOADS OF DIVISION ONE material...In 1981 for example..I think they had 9 .....Milan HAD ZERO....Jimmy Hockaday went to GEORGIA..... Years later...The Late "Tito Lee" from BA...Rest his soul...COULDN"T EVEN READ OR WRITE...Couldn't even get into MTSU...Richard Land...who was 6-8 and 290..( Another RICH KID WITH MONEY)LOLwho went to THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS ANS STARTED AT OT......said he never was hit harder in college or high school than by Tito Lee. and this poor kid killed himself because he couldn't get into COLLEGE...Couldn't even get into JUCO......And yet "he had the money to go to Brentwood Academy"...and hang in the halls with Johnny Cash's son....Yeah right...

Those schools..WILL GET A GREAT PLAYER IN SCHOOL.........One way or the other...they fix it where YOU CAN GET INTO SCHOOL...Your OUTRAGEOUS TUITION will be covered by some way or the other....Some sort of SCHOLLY....That Kurston Biggers kids they had up there about 10 years ago was from MURFREESBORO....

...IF YOU ARE GOOD THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO GET YOU IN SCHOOL...watch HOOP DREAMS sometimes....About the PRIVATE CATHOLIC school that Isiah Thomas went to...and how they "GAVE OUT SPECIAL Scholarships....To the INNER CITY KIDS....IF the KID DIDN"T PAN OUT BY HIS Sophmore year...Suddenly there was NO MONEY for him...If he was AA..Then his way was paid...

Same thing with these private schools..Oh, sure you have some PRETTY GOOD athletes that have money...But when you see alot of these INNER CITY KIDS going to a RICH PRIVATE SCHOOL...."I THINK THERE IS A LITTLE CHERRY PICKING GOING ON"...JMO.... "These so called privates.".or NON-Privates as they like to call themselves..... Give me a break...THEY GET WHO THEY WANT....A Public school RARELY can compete with them...

This thread is about Milan. I`m sorry if it got sidetracked to BA. I`m gonna monitor it more closely. StevieRay...I think you are wrong about the Milan/BA thing though so if you want to discuss it then please start a thread on the public/private board. You`ll get lots of replies there. But from now on let`s get back to Milan on this thread.

I hate Milan for the way they disrespected JCM a few years ago, but I still respect their program. I love the way they have represented West TN.

I don`t care who you cheer for Milan has earned a lot of respect not only in West TN but in the entire state.

Guest nwtnsports

I'm not a member, either. Guess the site was giving a preview last night.

The Mayfield fans were very complimentary of the Bulldogs. They commented that Milan was bigger, stronger and faster than the Cardinals. Were impressed by the running and passing games, as well as the defense. Thought that Milan definitely gave them some areas on which to work the next few weeks, and that the 'Dogs would have a successful season.

Bulldawg fans... I just wanted to show ya'll this video I found on youtube of Milan. Kind of reminds me of this years upcoming team. Some of you might've seen this already but this just get's me more into the mood of football!!!!

Looks like Milan might have what it takes this year. I would like for you to get what you want GCPioneer. That's a date with the Alcoa Tornadoes in the boro. However be careful what you wish for because Alcoa put a pounding on the Oak Ridge wildcats today. 1ST string Alcoa 28 Oak Ridge 0 2nd string Alcoa 28 Oak Ridge 0 Freshman Alcoa 21 Oak Ridge 0 . This does not bold well for anyone in 2a but good luck and hope to see you at the boro. If we both get there?? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />