Smyrna at Hillsboro

Bulldog86

I would sure be excited if I had a team beat someone like Smyrna in a scrimmage. Granted, it is a scrimmage, but it is a 4A team was manning up to a State Power House Team. Out scored the 2 time State Championship 5A team, and sorry to say, but that enough is a feel good moment and allows bragging rights.

I bet you my house that Oak Ridge is feeling like a super power today after beating Marryville. So your team is the Best 5A team in the State, but today Hillsboro is one step closer to feeling what you have the past two years and maybe this year. That is if you get past Franklin. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Trust me, feel good scrimmages can set the tone for a team. Especially when you beat a team in a scrimmage like Smyrna. Who knows, a game would have been different, but as for the next year: YOU WERE BEAT BY THE BOROS AND DEAL WITH IT!!!

Congrats to Coach Blade and his staff, I bet they are not worried about the scrimmage anymore and focusing on the next one next week and maybe you should get ready for next week too.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not the bottom line in a format like that and you know it. You look at how you players handle situations and formations. There are no game plans or film work. It is not the score in scrimages, it is how your kids play. Come on, you know better then to think a 7-0 score means much right know. And if you feel that Hillsboro was the best team on that feild, that just silly talk.

I do find it interesting that you state that "Smyrna's #1's looked much better than Hillsboro's". But when it is pointed out that Hillsboro scored in the scrimmage and Smyrna didn't, you get upset. This point may not have been brought up if you had not made the statement that Smyrna looked much better. And, it was not said that Hillsboro was the best team on the field. You seem to be a little sensitive to the fact thay Smyrna didn't score.

Smyrna has a HUGE offensive and defensive line. Smyrna's #6 and #5 ran the ball well but they didn't score a touchdown. It is obvious that they are good backs and will do very well when the season starts. I don't recall QB #13 making a completion. He may have but there were so many incompletions that a completion just didn't stick with me. A scrimmage is not a game but, to score on a team like Smyrna and not let them score is pretty good, even in a scrimmage. GO BURROS!!!!

For example Smyrna had 2 drives stoped after 10 plays and they were running all over Hillsboro. Who is to say if we keep those drives going we dont score or we may fumble or throw an int.

You say that there were 2 drives stopped after 10 plays, but if the drives were allowed to continue, then Smyrna might have scored. Does that make sense? How many additional plays did Smyrna need? Should they have been allowed to continue until they made a touchdown? You say that "they were running all over Hillsboro", yet after 10 plays (twice) they did not reach the end zone. If they did not reach the end zone after 10 plays, I wouldn't say Hillsboro was being ran all over. In a regular game, don't you have to score in four?

Call me a "silly talker" because just like everyone else that posts on this board that thinks their team is the best, everytime the Hillsboro Burros take to the field, I think they are the BEST team on the field.

You say that there were 2 drives stopped after 10 plays, but if the drives were allowed to continue, then Smyrna might have scored. Does that make sense? How many additional plays did Smyrna need? Should they have been allowed to continue until they made a touchdown? You say that "they were running all over Hillsboro", yet after 10 plays (twice) they did not reach the end zone. If they did not reach the end zone after 10 plays, I wouldn't say Hillsboro was being ran all over. In a regular game, don't you have to score in four?

Call me a "silly talker" because just like everyone else that posts on this board that thinks their team is the best, everytime the Hillsboro Burros take to the field, I think they are the BEST team on the field.

You have 4 plays to get 1st down buddy. Smyrna had 14 in 3 series. 2 drives stopped with smyrna 2nd and short inside the 20. Think on it. Ball control!!!

A little football 101 for you. You have to get 10 yards in 3 plays if not, you may punt if you feel can not get the remaining yards left on your 4th play. This is to improve your field position then paly defence. But here the very important part of the game you seem to forget. If you do get those ten yard, you get more plays. You can continue this as long as you can move the ball forward 10 yards or score. If you need any more help with the concept of american football please let me know or ask some of your friends. We're here to help. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A little football 101 for you. You have to get 10 yards in 3 plays if not, you may punt if you feel can not get the remaining yards left on your 4th play. This is to improve your field position then paly defence. But here the very important part of the game you seem to forget. If you do get those ten yard, you get more plays. You can continue this as long as you can move the ball forward 10 yards or score. If you need any more help with the concept of american football please let me know or ask some of your friends. We're here to help. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess 4th down is only for punting then. Tell that to Tommy Tubberville. Besides Smyrna had very few 4th downs. and you said you only get 4 plays to score. Go back and check. But hey, thanks for your help. It is apparent you are an expert. Maybe you should get on the Titans board.

I guess 4th down is only for punting then. Tell that to Tommy Tubberville. Besides Smyrna had very few 4th downs. and you said you only get 4 plays to score. Go back and check. But hey, thanks for your help. It is apparent you are an expert. Maybe you should get on the Titans board.

Read the quote again "newbie16" here is what i said. "if not, you may punt if you feel can not get the remaining yards left on your 4th play meaning 4th down is an option! Punt or Go for it. I guess I needed to make myself more clear.

Never clamed to be an expert but I've been around the game my whole life. So I do know a bit about it. Not just fan talk like X team is always the best team on the field.

Also, What do this mean "Besides Smyrna had very few 4th downs. and you said you only get 4 plays to score. Go back and check." I think you need to go back and check what I wrote. That aint it. If your going to hammer my for thing I say, cool thats what this thing is for but make sure you do it with comments I make.

I would sure be excited if I had a team beat someone like Smyrna in a scrimmage. Granted, it is a scrimmage, but it is a 4A team was manning up to a State Power House Team. Out scored the 2 time State Championship 5A team, and sorry to say, but that enough is a feel good moment and allows bragging rights.

I bet you my house that Oak Ridge is feeling like a super power today after beating Marryville. So your team is the Best 5A team in the State, but today Hillsboro is one step closer to feeling what you have the past two years and maybe this year. That is if you get past Franklin. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Trust me, feel good scrimmages can set the tone for a team. Especially when you beat a team in a scrimmage like Smyrna. Who knows, a game would have been different, but as for the next year: YOU WERE BEAT BY THE BOROS AND DEAL WITH IT!!!

Congrats to Coach Blade and his staff, I bet they are not worried about the scrimmage anymore and focusing on the next one next week and maybe you should get ready for next week too.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Very nicely put. I can respect and agree with that. I too feel lots of momentum can be built on with big wins.

Nice post

Read the quote again "newbie16" here is what i said. "if not, you may punt if you feel can not get the remaining yards left on your 4th play meaning 4th down is an option! Punt or Go for it. I guess I needed to make myself more clear.

Never clamed to be an expert but I've been around the game my whole life. So I do know a bit about it. Not just fan talk like X team is always the best team on the field.

Also, What do this mean "Besides Smyrna had very few 4th downs. and you said you only get 4 plays to score. Go back and check." I think you need to go back and check what I wrote. That aint it. If your going to hammer my for thing I say, cool thats what this thing is for but make sure you do it with comments I make.

I meant Smyrna continued to @@@@ up 1st downs before the 10 plays were up. Hey, i dont want to get into this with you. It was a good scrimmage between 2 successful programs and i wish both luck this year. They both can learn from it. Thats why you scrimmage.

I still think it is a feel good game for Hillsboro. You keep the Returning state champion at bay for an entire scrimmage. How many teams can say this about keeping the boys at Smyrna. I would love to see the Franklin vs. Hillsboro game, as well as, the Franklin vs. Smyrna playoff game. This is what I am praying to see in late November. Hillsboro has to make it past these teams before they can start talking championship: Maplewood, Mt. Juliet/Beech, then Henry County. If this is the path, then we will watch great football in November. Smyrna path deals with Wilson Central, Riverdale, Franklin, and/or Brentwood. Regions 5-4A and 6-5A are loaded this year. Marryville is going down, Riverdale is going down, and if not prepared so will Smyrna and Hillsboro. Biggest game of the first 5 games though is Franklin vs. Hillsboro. Monster momentum builder for either team going into the season, plus the Boros have to take on MBA and Maplewood. What a great year for football in Metro and Middle Tennessee.

Got to go the Skins are about to spank the Colts in the Kick off Classic. This is a major feel good game of the year for all of us. Pre Season does not mean anything, but it sure gets my MoJo Going for FOOTBALL Time in TENNESSEE.

Football rules: Never will a team punt in a Scrimmage, and the ten play format is just that a format. It does not tell much except who executes and moves the ball well. How many 4th downs did each team have? Record this and you see how well each actually did during the scrimmage. Ten and out is just that, ten plays to see if you are able to move the ball.