Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, I expect to hear some complaints coming from visiting teams to J-Fred regarding the move of half the visitor's bleachers to the endzone. Many times the visitor's side is not full when the oponent has to travel a great distance. But with the new alignment next year, we will be playing many of the local schools that likely will bring big crowds. Their only option will be to sit on the homeside, sit in the endzone, or stand on the sidelines. But with the baseball field overlapping the football field, there really was no other option at this time. I've been hearing rumors about expanding the homeside (on the scoreboard end) to the back of the endzone. IMO that would be a good move and would probably add at least 1000 seats to the current capacity. With the new John Adams Elementary coming online in 2009, seating at J-Fred is going to be at a premium. I hope the school board is taking that into consideration and planning for it now.

D-B has the worst visitor seating in NET. I suspect this is, in part, to the multi purpose use of the stadium - football, baseball, and Funfest concerts. However, it is a real problem and will only get worse as I think realignment by TSSAA will help to increase local interest and visitor crowds. Until it is fixed, I suggest visitors simply deny the D-B Band a place to sit in their stadiums. The quickest way to fix something at D-B is to make the Band mad.

D-B has the worst visitor seating in NET. I suspect this is, in part, to the multi purpose use of the stadium - football, baseball, and Funfest concerts. However, it is a real problem and will only get worse as I think realignment by TSSAA will help to increase local interest and visitor crowds. Until it is fixed, I suggest visitors simply deny the D-B Band a place to sit in their stadiums. The quickest way to fix something at D-B is to make the Band mad.

Won't work. The "band stands" are guarded. But you are correct ... the stands have to be removable which is the reason there is nothing better in place. Funfest is an issue with the concerts. I have said for some time that I think they should add and upper deck on the home side. Visitors could sit on one end of the home side if more room were added. But you are wrong about it being the worst seating. Jeff Co. is worse - or non-existent. Bearden has none at all. How about OR? Just like DB's but 5000ft high.

Does anyone know if anyone is going to stream the TN High vs. DB game Thursday? I'm out of town.

Looks like WGOC streams but seems to not be working today.

Whew! You guys have been busy I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten!

I look for this to be an old fashion knock out drag out, Tn. high's def. pretty stout and Coach Watson's def. always ready for a challenge. I do believe CS will get a lion's share of yardage and find the zone a couple of times, but I also think that the vike's D will stiffen and stall a few of our drives inside the 20. As for the viking's O I think they find the promised land once that's right only one time early before Coach Watson tightens the screws down! So my pick is Indians 17 Vikings 7!

IS IT THURSDAY YET? CAN'T WAIT!

Good Luck to both teams and hoping for no injuries!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Speaking of which, I expect to hear some complaints coming from visiting teams to J-Fred regarding the move of half the visitor's bleachers to the endzone. Many times the visitor's side is not full when the oponent has to travel a great distance. But with the new alignment next year, we will be playing many of the local schools that likely will bring big crowds. Their only option will be to sit on the homeside, sit in the endzone, or stand on the sidelines. But with the baseball field overlapping the football field, there really was no other option at this time. I've been hearing rumors about expanding the homeside (on the scoreboard end) to the back of the endzone. IMO that would be a good move and would probably add at least 1000 seats to the current capacity. With the new John Adams Elementary coming online in 2009, seating at J-Fred is going to be at a premium. I hope the school board is taking that into consideration and planning for it now.

Hey DB TP, are those bleachers up near the fence or more back toward the score board? I hope back we usually stand along the fence in front of the score board and that wouldn't make some people happy!

Well, on most Friday nights most of the visiting fans will be gone after halftime as far as the local teams go. Also the DB Band usually has more members than the the visitors section so I don't know if I would take on the band for their seats. Sounds like a bunch of cry babies. How about this ....................don't come to our house if you don't like it.

Hey DB TP, are those bleachers up near the fence or more back toward the score board? I hope back we usually stand along the fence in front of the score board and that wouldn't make some people happy!

They are scooted back against the fence, so you have room to walk back and forth like you have in the past. The new concession stand is sitting over in the corner now with new restrooms as well.

Its only temporary dont get so bent outta shape over it. I mean you dont hear us complaining about having to park in peoples yards and driveway, then getting tickets issued by the local BPD every time we visit,. ...or having to dig rocks outta our cracks from all the dilapidated concrete, or the 2 stall bathrooms....so lighten up. The last time we came to Bristol, we had more fans show up than you did. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Its only temporary dont get so bent outta shape over it. I mean you dont hear us complaining about having to park in peoples yards and driveway, then getting tickets issued by the local BPD every time we visit,. ...or having to dig rocks outta our cracks from all the dilapidated concrete, or the 2 stall bathrooms....so lighten up. The last time we came to Bristol, we had more fans show up than you did. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The Stone Castle was built before they could count to 2,000. (much less 6,000 like we see in the model city)They had no way of planning for that amount of parking and fan attendance.

Ouch !!