Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

One thing you will learn about me is that I will ALWAYS give credit where I see it due. By the way??¦I got this special hot sauce I put on my crow now because this aint the first nor will it be the last serving I??™ll have to eat. Occupational hazards of an out spoken one??¦but you know this /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . Oh??¦and about #44??¦.shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Couple of great posts that u landed there ole buddy,all of us eat crow every now and then. U guys will be alright.No. 44 was a beast. That catch he made and the hit afterwards on the side lines caused a tremor /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I agree with u that Slyvester did a tremendous job.The blocking was the best that I have seen on a DB team in a while ,and he followed it like a hounddog on a rabbit trail.Best of luck to the VIKINGS.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that Chris went in for X-RAYS on his elbow today. Has anybody heard the results yet?

I've been stuck at work all day and have not heard anything outside of this board. We are all thinking about Chris and all the guys that may have been hurt last night.I seen one or two players that I hope are ok and will be ready next week.I'm going to go down and check out my old school against an opponent for us later this year,Jeff County.I want to see their new field in Greeneville,it looks very nice in the photos I've seen.What a better way to see what we will face in a few weeks.

I was impressed with the Indians last night. Great job by the defense and the offense got cranked up after a while. I look forward to see what happens this season.

I still can't figure out the play calling by Stubbs. I would be curious to see what would happen with #44 and #31 in the I formation. #44 is a load to tackle. If he breaks through the LBs, there aren't many dbs that will make solo tackles on him.

I just scouted Jeff County and it looked as if they were going to get killed early on,down 14-0.Much like our game last night,JC got going slowly and then exploded.They pounded Greeneville's front four until they had nothing in the tank at the half,tied 14-14. the second half was theirs,winning 42-28,it wasn't near as close as the score shows.The QB for Jeff is a smaller guy who looked as if he was 2 tenths faster then anybody on the field,super quick and fast,number 13 . Jeff had a fullback that looked to be around 230 and by half time he was killing Greeneville's defense,number 46.Jeff had a running back that was even a lot smaller then the QB and he was very hard for Greenville to keep up with on option plays.Jeff has a monster on their front four,I'd say 320 or so,with the other defensive tackle going around 300.These are guesses,because there was no lineup for Jeff County's team. A guy ran around the field in his underware and got an early exit,I hope he doesn't come with them when they visit Kingsport. The QB for Greeneville was a horse with speed and a rocket of an arm,you will see him somewhere in college.

I still can't figure why they had to bring that ambulance in the lower side to the bottom of the grandstand. It would of been much quicker and easier to come in behind the grandstand.

Was it just me or did anyone else notice how many people needed medical attention at the game? I counted at least four and I'm not including the players on the field.

Thanks Teepee. It looked like we were going to give you guys a run for your money early in the game. Then when Chris went down (I hope his injury isn??™t too serious by the way) I have to admit that the grass was starting to look a little greener on our side of the fence. Little did we know Sylvester (able to leap tall buildings in a single bound) would come in and have a career night!!! That kid was phenomenal??¦reading his blocks, lowering his shoulder for extra yards, making those quick seamless cuts as he has always done but now with authority. I have to agree with Volman??¦with him and Chris in the backfield together??¦and then you add Crawford to the mix you guys could go far!! Coach Clark had a superb game plan and even when his stud went down he (and Watson) stuck with it and it paid dividends. But make no mistake Justin Sylvester was the game breaker last night??¦we had no answer for him. And the Vikings??¦well??¦we are going to have to get our QB to drink a little more Kool Aid before the next game because his (what I hope to be) first game jitters killed any game plan that the coaches had on offense. The offense plain and simply left our defense out to dry last night. DB all but gave us every opportunity to take this game over early and with Mason not able to get into the grove we weren??™t able to capitalize on any of these opportunities. That quickly shifted momentum in reverse for the Vikings??¦and then the MAN OF STEEL aka. Sylvester took over the game. Hats off the Indians of DB because we took a beat down last night and I??™ll be the first to say it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" !! Clark didn??™t even really have to unleash his secret weapon Crawford??¦only letting him off the chain once??¦thank goodness! Good luck to DB and speedy recovery to Chris. I have a feeling that our misfortune last night is going to be bad news for the MLC this year??¦when you get punched in the mouth like we did last night somebody down the roads is going to pay for it. Can I get a Rebel yell!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Great win by the Indians. I would have bet the house if you had given me 29 points.

I have not had time to scroll through all the posts but please make no mistake - this is a devastating loss for THS. Also, it appears we have a real QB issue. Still a long time until the showdowns in week 8 - 10 for the MLC title. Count on a loss to the Hill though in non conference play.

Early Thoughts from Week 0:

Top Team in NET: D-B - hands down, the most impressive result of the week.

Biggest Disappointment: G'ville - got whipped up front in the last three quarters. Kind of surprising.

Biggest Surprise: Jeff Co - who would have thought they would beat G'ville like they did given the comparative scrimmage results. Just yet another good example of the danger of predicting too much from scrimmages.

Special Congratulations: Sullivan North - the DC game was a bubble game and the Golden Raiders delivered.

Most Improved Since Last Year's Opener: The Hill - Gilligan gave the Rebels all they wanted. In fact, had the Toppers done a better job with their conversions it could have been even tighter.

Tri Cities Sports Media Darling: Sullivan South - the Rebels hang on to this ranking because of a solid road win over an improved team. As the season progresses, they will need to better execute the total spread option attack or opponents will load up against a single back, rb focused attack.

QB Controversy: THS - I don't want to get too negative but the Vikings had a chance to score a lot more early in the DB game. Stubbs needs to do what he needs to do to win. Sorry.

Still the Best Award - the Watson Blitz Package Defense at DB. Awesome defensive performance by the Indians, as usual. I really thought the Vikings could run right at them with Shepard.

On to Week 1. What a great Week 0.

Early Thoughts from Week 0:

Top Team in NET: D-B - hands down, the most impressive result of the week.

Biggest Disappointment: G'ville - got whipped up front in the last three quarters. Kind of surprising.

Biggest Surprise: Jeff Co - who would have thought they would beat G'ville like they did given the comparative scrimmage results. Just yet another good example of the danger of predicting too much from scrimmages.

Special Congratulations: Sullivan North - the DC game was a bubble game and the Golden Raiders delivered.

Most Improved Since Last Year's Opener: The Hill - Gilligan gave the Rebels all they wanted. In fact, had the Toppers done a better job with their conversions it could have been even tighter.

Tri Cities Sports Media Darling: Sullivan South - the Rebels hang on to this ranking because of a solid road win over an improved team. As the season progresses, they will need to better execute the total spread option attack or opponents will load up against a single back, rb focused attack.

QB Controversy: THS - I don't want to get too negative but the Vikings had a chance to score a lot more early in the DB game. Stubbs needs to do what he needs to do to win. Sorry.

Still the Best Award - the Watson Blitz Package Defense at DB. Awesome defensive performance by the Indians, as usual. I really thought the Vikings could run right at them with Shepard.

On to Week 1. What a great Week 0.

You could of just said you were wrong about everything you were saying for the past 2 weeks. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />