Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well despite the score, I still think the Vikings will go on to have a successful season. Get everyone healed up and prepare for East in two weeks.

I don't get to see a lot of DB games, but in my opinion this DB squad is the best team they have had since 2004. They appear to have everything necessary to make it to the quarterfinals this year, maybe in a showdown against Farragut. Who is #3 for the Tribe?

I hated to see Chris go down with an injury. It looked very painful. Sylvester stepped up big time tonight. He was more impressive in this game than the previous two meetings in my opinion.

I think Tennessee High will be all right. They just got "caught up in it tonight". Coach Watson is the Master of Defence. It supprised me that he shut down #31 the way he did. I think Clark did a awsome job of play calling tonight for the Tribe. Who's the #44, he's a beast. Stubbs should of got the ball in his hands more often.

As for DB as a team I didn't think they looked all that sharp except for spurts. The offensive line needs some work. They'll have to get much better as a team to play with William Blount, Oak Ridge etc. They've got one week to do it and probably without Chris Sensabaugh. Sylvester played awsome on both sides of the ball and on every play going both ways the entire game. He didn't even look tired when it was over.

I think Tennessee High will be all right. They just got "caught up in it tonight". Coach Watson is the Master of Defence. It supprised me that he shut down #31 the way he did. I think Clark did a awsome job of play calling tonight for the Tribe. Who's the #44, he's a beast. Stubbs should of got the ball in his hands more often.

As for DB as a team I didn't think they looked all that sharp except for spurts. The offensive line needs some work. They'll have to get much better as a team to play with William Blount, Oak Ridge etc. They've got one week to do it and probably without Chris Sensabaugh. Sylvester played awsome on both sides of the ball and on every play going both ways the entire game. He didn't even look tired when it was over.

44 is Bradley Tallman. I think he caught two passes tonight.

Give them another game or two and DB will be awesome. WB is riddled with injuries like Tennessee, but they should still have a tough defense with Cole Lail returning.

44 is Bradley Tallman. I think he caught two passes tonight.

Give them another game or two and DB will be awesome. WB is riddled with injuries like Tennessee, but they should still have a tough defense with Cole Lail returning.

Yeah, I actually credit both Viking scores to Tallman. They just couldn't get anything going until he caught that pass and made the hard hit on the DB defensive back. That fired up the vikings and they got two scores on the board.

I heard Chris Sensabaugh hyper extended his arm. Don't know how bad.

That's what his mom told me the doctor said.They will take a better look today.Like I said before,a great young man and family. I don't know how many plays that Bateman made,but it must have been close to 15 or 20. I keep telling his dad and coach Watson,if my son can learn the game half as good as that young man,he would be a beast.I thought Justin and the offensive line done a great job as well.Depth will kill you and I thought we had a little more than TH tonight.Good luck to TH this year,this game didn't matter in terms of their playoff hopes.

D-B looked good last night. Def. was on their game and after Sylvester got rolling the offense looked much better. Your field looked good from up top. I think D-B is poised for a nice season. The jury is still out on the Vikes though. We'll know more in the coming weeks. I was hoping they could challenge us for the MLC this year but now I'm wondering. Maybe this is just a mirage. Kinda like we had there at J Fred a couple of years ago. We bounced back nicely. Let's see if the Vikes do. Hopefully Chris will make a quick recovery. Can you imagine him at FB with Sylvester at TB?

Irregardless of the score, I was impressed with the Vikings. They came in with a great game plan to stack the line and key in on CS. In some ways his injury may have led to their undoing. They had prepared for weeks to face a power runner, but ended up having to try to stop a finesse runner like Sylvester who they had not practiced for. But TH has nothing to be ashamed of. They have a fine team with some great athletes and I expect them to have an outstanding year. Good luck the rest of the way.

By the way, wasn't the crowd incredible last night. You would have thought it was a playoff game involving two unbeatens.

Irregardless of the score, I was impressed with the Vikings. They came in with a great game plan to stack the line and key in on CS. In some ways his injury may have led to their undoing. They had prepared for weeks to face a power runner, but ended up having to try to stop a finesse runner like Sylvester who they had not practiced for. But TH has nothing to be ashamed of. They have a fine team with some great athletes and I expect them to have an outstanding year. Good luck the rest of the way.

By the way, wasn't the crowd incredible last night. You would have thought it was a playoff game involving two unbeatens.

It was a great crowd and I think we know now that some more stands need to be in place.I didn't catch the total number of people that were in the stadium last night but it was great..

Yes, his Dad is on the coaching staff, but do not know specifically what he coaches. Shorty Adams has also been brought on as a assistant coach.

Robert Mitchell is coaching the RB's at Science Hill now, I had previously told someone that he was not but I was wrong. Just found out otherwise last night. My apologies...

On another note, DB looked pretty darn solid last night for an opener, they definitely have a lot of weapons! #65 on defense for DB was a monster. My hat's off to them.... Hopefully the Vikes can use this off week to heal up and get the offense going.