Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

Prediction

Indians win for the 59th time against the Tn. High Vikings

Chris Sensabaugh averages 10 yds/carry = you do the math for the total yards

DB Student Section will be awesome and in THEIR STANDS!!

Dobyns-Bennett 31

Tn. High 13

Roll Tribe Roll

Yep. In OUR stands. Not those stupid reserve tickets seating.

BTW

DB-31

TN High-24-28

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Viking 2004. I have a friend that was a Huge THS fan in '70. I told me an interesting story about a visiting team you guys were to present the key to the city before the game, and they kinda snubbed your Coach and team like it was a joke.....then your coach told the team to pour it on them after halftime and beat the snot outta the them. Ever heard of anything like that? This might have been the final game. He never missed a game, and still knows their names on that great team. I dont think he would be kidding. Ever hear that one?

It doesn't ring a bell. Did he say what year this occured? Tennessee beat Covington 52-0 in the '71 state champhionship and Baylor 39-6 in '72.

It doesn't ring a bell. Did he say what year this occured? Tennessee beat Covington 52-0 in the '71 state champhionship and Baylor 39-6 in '72.

Had to be 71 cause he said it was like 50-0. Or the Redbank game before that one, I know it was a blowout too. I'll ask again tomorrow. Thanks

AM1320 WGOC will be streamimg all the D-B games live @ www.wgoc.com...and will be on air tonight from 6:30pm to 7:30pm with the Graham Clark Coaches Show, live from the Sagebrush Steakhouse...

week zero...better than Coke Zero, cause it is real...and it happens tomorrow!

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk While listening to ur talk show and interview with GC last nite,u showed what DB pride and team spirit is all about.I know that it was ur job,but it still had to be hard considering.WGOC has got the rite man and team for the job.Keep up the good work. Roll Tribe Roll

Hopefully not. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

In all seriousness I wish DB luck with the rest of their season and hope that both teams will come away injury-free.

Thanks and I'll be pulling for you guys to win the last MLC Championship.

I understand the Vikings lost another starter on defense to injury and a major contributor on offense to illness for the game tonight. What the heck is going on!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" It’s starting to get a little thin. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I also read that there are four radio stations covering tonight’s game along with charter airing it on TV next week. But this game still didn’t make one of CoachT “Big One’s” this week??? What’s up with that?

Question (skunk@all locations or whoever):

I read today that standing on the baseball field to watch the game (or kids running around playing as they have done) will not be allowed now, since the new turf is down. Certainly understand that. Well, traditionally the visiting fans have traversed around the football field, on the edge of the baseball field to get to the concession stand between the baseball stands and the home football stands. With this in effect now, is there now a concession stand on the visitor's side? I really can't remember though, but it seems like there may be a concession area near the score board side...? It's been a long time since I have sat in the visitor's stands on a Friday night at J.Fred and my mind is going.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe I should come up and have some of the "health food" that is served behind you skunk...? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Cap1,

Sorry I'm late on this but since Canty has been dubbed QB1, is Taylor Harmon just playing D? (I know, he will get som snaps a QB2) Seems like he'd make a good tall target at TE or WR. Big and good hands. I noticed on D he is listed as a starter at CB... has he played CB/DB before? I am wondering how he would match up tonight if put in a man-up situation with Sylvester. Sylvester has some speed, but his strength is his extreme quickness.

I have to say I was hoping to see Taylor at QB1 this, his junior year, as I know he's got the arm and head for running the O. I remember being amazed at how stinkin' far he could throw the ball when I saw him in the 8th grade championship when Vance played Colonial Heights.

Question (skunk@all locations or whoever):

I read today that standing on the baseball field to watch the game (or kids running around playing as they have done) will not be allowed now, since the new turf is down. Certainly understand that. Well, traditionally the visiting fans have traversed around the football field, on the edge of the baseball field to get to the concession stand between the baseball stands and the home football stands. With this in effect now, is there now a concession stand on the visitor's side? I really can't remember though, but it seems like there may be a concession area near the score board side...? It's been a long time since I have sat in the visitor's stands on a Friday night at J.Fred and my mind is going.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe I should come up and have some of the "health food" that is served behind you skunk...? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Hey Satch, Yes there is a concession on that side.(actually the best of the 3)