Carter Co.

Kids nowadays know everything. Soon, I think coaching will be over. The kids won't even need a coach. They'll be able to develop their gameplans and discipline by themselves. I wonder how messy it would be if we didn't have our fine coaches on the sidelines on Friday nights? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unaka is not a team that can afford to lose any quality players, shoot they could end up losing every game. If parents alllow to quit things while they are growing up ,it gets easy to do just that the rest of their lives. I'm sure there are legit times for a kid to quit something ,but most of the time its more like the baby thing, when things don't go their way ,they pitch fits and quit. I'd also say that most of the times ,the parents are behind the kids and maybe ever encourageing the quiting.

Pujo, mine are already pitching fits, except they don't quit until daddy gets them out of the crib! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously, this is getting to be an epidemic at every school in this county. I wasn't worth a dime when I played ball, but I never one time thought about quitting. I learned a lot when I played under coach Lunsford about getting going when the going gets tough. It applies to everything in life, especially one day when these kids will become parents and have people depending on them. Quitting is not an option. Then again, it could be the process of a good coach weeding out the weak links. Talented players have quit on Mike, but it seemed like his teams would be better off in the long run. I look for the same with coach Ensor. I'm sure he's not too worried.

Pujo, mine are already pitching fits, except they don't quit until daddy gets them out of the crib! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously, this is getting to be an epidemic at every school in this county. I wasn't worth a dime when I played ball, but I never one time thought about quitting. I learned a lot when I played under coach Lunsford about getting going when the going gets tough. It applies to everything in life, especially one day when these kids will become parents and have people depending on them. Quitting is not an option. Then again, it could be the process of a good coach weeding out the weak links. Talented players have quit on Mike, but it seemed like his teams would be better off in the long run. I look for the same with coach Ensor. I'm sure he's not too worried.

What are you all talking about and who was suppose to have quit at Unaka? I hear they are talented but young.

AZ, forget about the dime, you're weren't worth a plug nickle.

What are you all talking about and who was suppose to have quit at Unaka? I hear they are talented but young.

AZ, forget about the dime, you're weren't worth a plug nickle.

Wrong, I wasn't worth a plug penny! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'd rather have quiters go ahead and do there thing now and quit the entire program in the the pre-season than have them quit on me on the field in late October-early November.

Coach Ensor has had MANY "talented" players quit on him, and he's always done fine.

Who quit or is it just rumors?