Oakland Football 2008

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the D looked good. Judging for the BA parents sitting on the OHS side, they were surprised too. They have 6 D1 prospects..one to Notre Dame, and 5 others. Don't know which ones they were though.

That was my information as well. Most of those were on the offensive line, which if that is also true then more points should have been on the board for them. I'll know a bit more tomorrow about the mechanics of the line, but it sounds like Barrett and the boys put it on 'em. With all hope I will make the opening game unless work gets in the way.

WAT ABOUT THAT KID TIM MCADOO HE LOKS PRETTY GOOD TO...... ILL TELL YOU WAT THE KID CAN PALY

He is getting there to say the least. He has definitely matured a bit, but he has a future ahead of him if he can just keep his head on straight. Barrett, McAdoo, Murray, and Amey are quite a lineup. Especially in Oakland's new defensive scheme.

exactly where i thought oakland would be with this new staff. if they want it more week 1, i think they'll take it. not implying that the warriors are going to roll over. its definately one to mark on your calendar

Ill admit to being on board with this coaching staff, but for Oakland to improve the way they have up to this point, I could have never imagined. Their record this season may not reflect it, but the difference in Oakland's play this year is night and day, already. Never have seen so many at a scrimmage, and this wasnt even a live simulation like the Tullahoma scrimmage always is. If there are people that arent on board with this coaching staff, I dont know them or havent ran into them, I think the staff has rejuvenated the entire Oakland fanbase, not just the school itself. Oakland could very well make the playoffs this year, but its in 2009 and 2010 that I look for Oakland to re-establish itself as a top team in region 4

I was happy with the results on Friday night, but I think I might have over heard a BA coach say something about they were missing 4 starters. Could anybody possibly verify that? I guess it's possible that I could be imagining things.

I spoke to a BA parent on Saturday and they had 2 Offensive players who were on vacation and 4 defensive players that were out. Great job Oakland, but BA was down some players. I would love to see you all play them when the entire team is there. Great job on the win anyway. The BA parent said their entire team was shocked!

I spoke to a BA parent on Saturday and they had 2 Offensive players who were on vacation and 4 defensive players that were out. Great job Oakland, but BA was down some players. I would love to see you all play them when the entire team is there. Great job on the win anyway. The BA parent said their entire team was shocked!

I am hearing however that the offensive line is lacking due to a couple injuries and lack of experience. To my knowledge there are no clear cut starters for any of those positions yet. A problem that will be addressed quickly and efficiently though.