2A State Champs?

Milan2010

Hey, didn't Milan lose to Peabody- who was destroyed by Goodpasture- who Alcoa annihilated?

Yeah, Milan lost to Trenton last year, but (not to offend any Peabody fans) I do think we were better that them. That just goes to show you that a good team can sometimes beat a better team. Maybe if Milan can make to the title game that'll be the case and Milan will upset Alcoa.

That's what I'm hoping for anyways! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU have no clue. You have not seen Milan play and Alcoa has not seen Milan play. They may be destroying Goodpasture over the past couple but you also have to figure that once Alcoa plays a team 3 or 4 years that they would start destroying them. Alcoa has no clue what kind of offense Milan runs nor does Alcoa know whom Milan's big time players are or how they are effective.

I'm not going to sit here and argue it because Alcoa is god's gift to football and you folks are clueless about what Milan has to offer this year. Just don't be surprised if Milan wins, you heard it from me first /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

All this talk about playing GP three times and learning them...it goes both ways. GP got to see the A-Town offense and defense for three years. One would think they might be able to figure something out. I guess we all know the answer to that question..might be wise to get out of your region first before talking so much smack about A-Town.

i agree that milan as just as much speed as any 2A in the state. . BUT to have speed u have to have a line to run befind and a defence to depend on.. Yeah i think they'll win the region n maybe get to the semis but they ain't the all around talent of the great ALCOA

I see what your saying respectively. I've seen Goodpasture play the last 2 or 3 straight years. I saw Alcoa last year in the state finals in person. I know how good Alcoa is. I'll say that this years Milan team will match the speed and athleticism of Alcoa. I ain't saying Milan will win this game, I'm just saying their capable of it. Milan will have to make it to Murfreesboro first and make it through either Goodpasture, CPA, or whomever they may play. I'll guarantee you Coach Morris will have Milan ready to play and prepared. Good Luck to Alcoa this year of course and I will LOVEEEE to see an Alcoa/Milan game. If Alcoa wins it big time I'll show my respect to Alcoa and let them have their props.

As for the comment on the video tape, they may get it. Speed is deceptive on camera though. They may get their alignments and what they run but speed is deceptive on film. That's vice versa for Milan on Alcoa but Milan has seen Alcoa in the state championships so they know what Alcoa will bring to the table.

Yep, it will be a BIG test for Alcoa. I expect to see a better Oak Ridge team from the one that played Maryville.

Alcoa annihilated Oak Ridge tonight 28-0...the J.V. and Freshman Tornado squads even got the job done easily...after watching them tonight, i think Alcoa is set to win their 5th gold ball in a row and possibly an undefeated season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alcoa annihilated Oak Ridge tonight 28-0...the J.V. and Freshman Tornado squads even got the job done easily...after watching them tonight, i think Alcoa is set to win their 5th gold ball in a row and possibly an undefeated season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Take them one at a time starting with Spring Hill /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Take them one at a time starting with Spring Hill /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah your right Tornado89 but we all know what we want. That's right, a win to stop the Maryville streak. If anyone beats them, it should be us. I agree with what your saying T89 but you should understand. Nothing against Maryville their a great program but I want us to end that streak. GO TORNADOES!!!

I know what your saying and im not trying to come off like that...cause i agree with you that if the tornadoes dont take them one at a time and let their heads get in the way, that will be the thing that beats them. As i watched the scrimmage tonight i just couldn't help but think of the Alcoa v. Maryville game this year...Every game is just as important as the next, but that game is probably impacts the teams and the communities more than any other(except for state) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yea, It's easy to get caught up in thinking ahead to the Alcoa/Maryville matchup, but Alcoa needs to stay focused, continue to improve, and most of all stay healthy. Even with Alcoa's success in these scrimmages, what they will face playing Maryville @ Maryville is a totally different beast. Maryville's defense is solid. Especially against the run. Playing the matchup in my head, I see Maryville loading the box and forcing Alcoa to pass to beat them. Sam Thompson will more than likely be shadowed by Chris Jordon. Therefor, it will be VERY important for Tyler Robinson to play his best game. Chase James will be another important factor. He will be forced to make plays much faster than he has ever seen in his playing time up to date. How he adapts to the pressure will be big. The more I think about the match up, the more humble I get. Maryville's the real deal and their strengths this year match up well with Alcoa's strengths. This will be a game not to be missed! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />