2A State Champs?

Milan2010

HAHAHAHA! You don't want to compare D-1's versus D-1's. Milan will be right there on Alcoa in that category if not ahead. The list of D-1 players to come out of Milan is far too many. I'm sure Alcoa sends out productive D-1 talent but so does Milan. By the way, Milan CAN match Alcoa athlete for athlete this year as well.

Actually i DO want to compare /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will just start out with a few

Kyrus Lanxter UK Note: Starting WR for Wildcats

Brandon Warren UTK Note: Freshman All American

Randall Cobb UK Note: 2nd String QB as a Freshman , 2007 Mr Football

Logan Love ( walk on at UTK)

Joei Fielger ( played at UTC)

theres 5 in the last 5 years , not too bad , averaging 1 D1 player a year..........i will give you a lil while to catch up

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

It seems as though a few West Tennessee fans are feeling pretty confident. It's getting ridiculous. Let me say this. I've watched the team who represented the west in the semifinals the past two years (Milan vs. Goodpasture in '06, Peabody in '07). Then, I watched Alcoa beat Goodpasture the last two years in the championship. Alcoa is a MUCH better team than the tops from the west and has been the best AA team in the state. It will continue to be that way this year. No team from the west will be able to match Alcoa's talent.

It will be interesting to see how the BC/GC contest goes, though. The Bulldogs have produced quite a few Division 1 players over the past 35 years.

Yea, he still has his bellbottoms on from 1977 /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think the stuff he's smoking is from 1977 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I cant say who will win Milan, Alcoa, but I think both teams will walk awaay from a game like that havin learned somethin bout each other. All Alcoa fans say No One In 2a Can touch us, and to this point it has been true. All Milan says We Will Give You All You Want, and this will be true as well. These two teams need to play each other and see just how tough each team is. Alcoa is clearly tough from what we know in recent past, and everyone all across the state knows Milan's tradition. All I Can say is bring on the 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME YALL ITS GONNE BE ROUGH!!!!

I like the way you put that. No matter how much we talk about it, both teams still have to go out there and play. And you better believe that both teams are going to give it their all.

HUSKER.............there is absolutely no way that Alcoa goes 12-3 and Milan goes 15-0. That is insane!!!

What is insane is that i have been working at your Ashland City High and yall think that yall can make it to the ship!!! Next i am tired of this same story different year week 1 is here. We are not stuck in the past anywhere. Alcoa and Maryville need to hold down the East because i have a great feeling wind is shifting west down I-40. Milan and Henry Co. are for real this year. Mark my word thats the 2A and 4A teams skip season. I am ready for football and its finally here. Good luck this Friday and stay injury free this season. No excuses across the state from noone.

Go ahead and mark down Rod Smith that attended the Univ. Of Memphis.

Albert Davis-philadelphia eagles

Billy williams- UT, St louis rams

Shannon Mitchell-UGA. San Diego Chargers

Albert Davis-Signed UGA, drafted by the pirates and chose baseball

Tyrus Gilmore. Miss State

Jamie Henry-UT

Kory Conner-MTSU

Brandon Warren-FSU-UT

Logan Love-UT

Joei Fiegler- UAB commit

Rae Sykes-UT

Randall Cobb- KY

Kyrus Lanxter-KY

Those are just a few that have gone on to play college ball

Milan would have to be WAYYY better this year than last to beat Aloca, and Alcoa would have to be worse.

I believe Milan lost to Peabody last year, who got killed by Goodpasture, who got beat by Alcoa.

Sorry, I don't know any specifics about Milan, but common sense and results say Alcoa is on the way to another title.

You cant look at who beats who. Different teams match up better than others, so you cant look at it that way.

Let's PLEASE take a minute and think about what you said. If you turn the ball over 1 time against Milan or Alcoa you may lose badly. On the other hand Alcoa can not beat Maryville. So they cant be too good. Maryville is a great team but they DODGE the tornadoes every year. Milan has beat Maryville for a state championship so there is no fear in west tennessee teams. Alcoa goes for big plays and it will cost them against a good fast team mark my word. Milan will hit them guts all day and then try to do it again. I say Alcoa has hardest game after Maryville and some of their players are not ready for 2 gut wrenching games in a row. Its not smart to play 2 great teams in a row. Prediction ALCOA 12-3 MILAN 15-0 BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD CHAMPIONS MILAN BULLDOGS 35-21!!! Good luck to all players and stay healthy so we can have a great football season across the state of Tennessee!!!

Please, please, please tell me the 3 teams that can beat Alcoa on their schedule? Right now I am not sure I see 1.

What is insane is that i have been working at your Ashland City High and yall think that yall can make it to the ship!!! Next i am tired of this same story different year week 1 is here. We are not stuck in the past anywhere. Alcoa and Maryville need to hold down the East because i have a great feeling wind is shifting west down I-40. Milan and Henry Co. are for real this year. Mark my word thats the 2A and 4A teams skip season. I am ready for football and its finally here. Good luck this Friday and stay injury free this season. No excuses across the state from noone.

This is coming from the guy who thinks Alcoa will lose 3 games this year, hahahaha! Do you understand how many times us Alcoa fans have heard this typical bullcrap from other fans of different schools? It's either, "mark my words so and so is going to be the best in 2A, not Alcoa", or "our team is returning all these great athletes this year, so we can automatically compete with the nine-time state champs", ya know just comments along those lines.

Just give it a break man. Have you seen a 2A team, even really give us a good game since Rankin's been at the helm? I know darn well that CAK fans, Goodpasture fans, some Smith Co. fans, White House fans (oh wait they're 3A), and DCA fans have all thought so, and you know what happened??? They got taken to the woodshed every time. So just to say I know me along with a few of my other Alcoa buddies find it so humorous to see posts like that so often. So go ahead, keep making these ridiculous predictions, and when (depending if Milan is in the Boro or not come December) we beat you by over 3 TD's, I'd love to see what you have to say then, if anything at all.