CAK vs Boyd

HSfootball54

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here it is again. It is time for all of the Living Legends to start another high school football season. As usual, The Living Legend will be visiting several games around the area. The stops of the night will include stopping by Grace to see Josh Blake and company, Boyd/CAK and Howard & Brainerd. I got to take in the 2nd half of the Howard and Brainerd game last season and it was a really festive environment. I look forward to watching the young lads from Boyd Buchanan in this game. Hopefully I will again get to see the ultimate Buc fan, Reaction standing near the endzone by the concession stand. The Living Legend will be on the lookout for that patented backwards Michigan hat that we on CoachT have been accustomed to seeing on our good friend Reaction. Reaction, if you havent left yet, from one Legend to another, see you at The Swamp.

First off I want to say congrats to CAK on a great 2nd half comeback. Your players never quit, and were very classy throughout the game. 2nd I want to thank the football players that informed BigG of me talking about him. I got a good laugh at halftime when I called him about the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now congrats to the Bucs on being 1-0. I feel we are very lucky to be 1-0. This is just my opinion though. Boyd played a great 1st quarter. other than that, our offense disappeared. Now I know CAK made some costly mistakes, but still to me, it seemed like once we got up 14-0, we went into cruise control. Kinda reminded me of the state finals when we lost to DCA in OT. Being up 24-6 at halftime then we went into cruise control in the 2nd half and did not score a point. I was not very happy with any other quarter than the first quarter. We were very balanced in the 1st quarter mixing the pass and the run. After that, it was run, run run. Kind of made it easy for CAK to put everyone in the box and stop us. I think the radio said he had something like almost 50 rushing attempts to 11 pass attempts. Um I think its time to unleash Hughes and let him use that cannon he has. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Once we did not convert 4 run plays inside the 5, I think its safe to say CAK can stop the run....We have some good receivers and a good TE. Just need to get them more involved in my opinion. Secondary needs a little work watching out for receivers getting behind them. #2 for CAK played a great game at WR. He got behind our DBs all night. I know its just the first game, and we are 1-0, but I guess I was expecting a little bit more after all i heard from the scrimmages and the jamboree that I missed. Lets get ready for our next game Bucs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to Boyd. Complete domination in the first QTR. Hopefully CAK built some character in the 2nd half. I couldn't believe how incredibly big and athletic the Buc O-Line was!! A Boyd friend told me at the game that the OL averaged around 300lb, is that true?? The QB for Boyd was good, if he hadn't got those darn IV's for cramps maybe CAK could have pulled it out, but when he came back late he was able to lead the Bucs down the field for some time chewing first downs, impressive. I thought Boyd got gased very early and that almost cost them, CAK's conditioning kept them in the game. We are scrappy but that only gets you so far. So many turnovers I stopped counting at 5, very inconsistant on offense.

CAK has a lot of improving to do, but I believe they have the coaches and players to get it done. Both teams should be playoff teams. Congrats to Boyd again for a nice game plan and solid performance, good luck this season.

First off I want to say congrats to CAK on a great 2nd half comeback. Your players never quit, and were very classy throughout the game...

I listened to some of the broadcast online and the radio announcers were talking about how CAK were taking some cheap shots late after the whistle. In fact, they said one player for CAK got ejected and then at the end when Boyd's QB was taking a knee to run the clock out someone from CAK gave him "a forearm to the head".

I'm sure there are two sides to this story but the Boyd announcers were pretty emphatic about how CAK played not so classy.

For those who were there, what's the story?

I listened to some of the broadcast online and the radio announcers were talking about how CAK were taking some cheap shots late after the whistle. In fact, they said one player for CAK got ejected and then at the end when Boyd's QB was taking a knee to run the clock out someone from CAK gave him "a forearm to the head".

I'm sure there are two sides to this story but the Boyd announcers were pretty emphatic about how CAK played not so classy.

For those who were there, what's the story?

Over all it was a good game, Yes Boyd was up 21-0 but CAK never gave up! As reaction said it reminded me of dca boyd in the state championship! 24-7 and gave up the lead! I am just happy the bucs didnt completely Give up and now Lets move on to Meigs County Bucs and lets try and make it 2-0 to start the season!

Btw powersweep there was a few cheap shots but it was all in good fun /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> it was just tempers getting out of control If i remember correctly the whistle Blew then #29 for Cak Slapped a boyd player in the helmet which made a pretty loud noise but there was no retaliation by the boyd player which was good! And the personal foul after the Knee was uncalled for! But its football and it all gets crazy sometimes!