The Battle of the Boro

voodoochild

Good teams do not lose by 11 AND fumble as many times as Riverdale did. You can NOT call them a good team with the number of fumbles they had. Coach A needs to teach them how to tuck a football away like the Garrett brother thats the TE coach on hard knocks does or he needs to look for a new job( NOT AS A RB COACH ANYWHERE). The fumbling issue is more coaching then players. you can teach a kid to tuck a ball so he does NOT fumble it. heck I didnt play real ball but i know how to tuck a ball to where it wont be fumbled in a backyard game. Poor show from Riverdale from all I have heard. Love the riverdale fans getting on here calling it a good game. if Siegel lost by 11 and fumbled this many times you ALL would be calling for Watson to be fired. GET REAL. The fumbling issue is pathetic. That is a basic fundemental that clearly coach A forgot to teach in spring/summer practices. Its an important fundemental when you RUN A WING T that is 95 percent RUN. COME ON RIVERDALE FANS GET REAL. Good D effort from riverdale. but that is about it. Siegel is good btw. WATCH OUT.

Its called week 0 for a reason Sieglegrad... More times than not the team that takes care of the football and executes on special teams wins during these games. Its not as much coaching as first week jitters. Thats just how the game is. You wait until next week in College Footballs opening week. Most of the games wont be pretty, but the teams that protect the football and execute on special teams will come out victorious.

Neither team was particularly sharpe in this one, but OHS made the fewer mistakes and they won the football game. I think you would hear either coach say those exact words. Both of these teams will continue to get better throughout the year, and will probably both be standing there come playoff time.

As for the QB situation at RHS... I for one was very impressed with the kid at RHS. I thought he really carried his football team, especially in the second half. Just try and imagine making your FIRST ever start in that type of aymosphere. Considering it all I thought he played pretty darn well.

SiegelGrad, enjoy your win over Smyrna and I wish the stars the best of luck this season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be the first one on this board to start bashing Coach A??? Well let me be the first one to stand up for the man. The fact is two good football teams played tonight, and unfortunately one of them had to lose. Dont be surprised if these two teams finish 1 2 in the region and meet again in the playoffs. So for all you Riverdale fans that want to clean house in week 0, just take a deep breathe and back away from the edge. Both of these teams will win alot of games this year and meet again when it counts.

Congratulations to Coach Mac and his staff, they deserved it tonight. The challenge now will be getting those kids back down to earth Monday and start looking towards they next opponent. But something tells me Coach Mac will get their attention Monday afternoon.

Last thing, and Im going to bed... Did somebody forget to notify Blackman and LaVergne that tonights game was NOT a baseball game? Were they hitting ground rule doubles over there? 5 to 3? Are you serious? Thats kind of embarrassing! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

How about us leaving Coach A out of the equation. We should tip our hats to coach Mcdaniel, his staff, and his players. They were well prepared and very determined. I would also like to commend Mr. Vaughn and his staff and faculty. This being the first time on campus in about 3 years, I was throughly impressed with the campus. Although I am a Riverdale fan, I wish Oakland the best of luck for the rest of the year.

It weird this does not hurt near as much as I had thought it wld but congratulations Oakland on one heck of a game. Your team came out pumped..prepared..and agressive.. and I think those were the keys to your win. Its actually great to have the "Battle" back just hate that it had to come on a Riverdale loss.

Now as for the Riverdale team..:: You all have got to pick youselfves up and just try to focus on the next team. Everyone is still after Riverdale and always will and lets keep it that way!! For some reason it has seem like over the last couple of years the fire/desire has left the guys.. someone needs to step up and have it return and get this team focused and back on track. Go Warrios!! but what a game Oakland played..

Coach A is a wonderful coach and will correct the mistakes and move on. This loss will probbaly be the thing that turns the Warriors season around. This will provide them all the motivation they need to get better each week. Coach A I am sure works ball security drill everyday ceaselessly. In 11 weeks I guanrantee you that Riverdale will be in the hunt and ready for a rematch. I think week 0 is to early to play for any team. I am not making excuses becasue I am neither an Oakland or Riverdale fan but a supporter of Coach A. Now the pressure is off Riverdale as teams begin to believe they are beatable.

You are right about that, gambler. Getting that pressure off your back of that streak may be the best thing to happen to Riverdale. It tells the players that just because they are Riverdale doesn't mean the other team isn;t going to show up. I would love to see a re-match for both of us in the playoffs. Believe it or not, I want Riverdale to win all the rest of their regular season games.......!

I know winning last night was the thing that Oakland needed most........confidence!

LETS GO OAKLAND! Don't take this as talking trash, but in my eyes at least I felt the game was as good as won with the first couple of offensive plays by Oakland. When Precious ran for a couple of good gains smashing half of the Riverdale defense in the face and smiling about it. Oakland just looked like the team that was starving for the win. I wish the best of luck to Riverdale for the remainder of the season. Lets keep this up Oakland.

I was just glad that R'dale has learned to both throw and CATCH the ball! The passing game was MUCH better than I thought it would be.

For the players at R'dale, this is NOT the end of the season. Smyrna took home the Gold Ball with '3' losses last year, and no I am not sayng to lose twice more. What I am saying is to go back to work as you could still be the State Champs if YOU work hard enough for it.

Congrats Oakland!! It was great to see the enthusiasm of everyone there. Coach Mac and his staff are to be commended for an excellent job in preparing the guys mentally for this game, as well as physically. I noticed before the first snap was ever taken that OHS was anxious to get going. They could not be still on the coin toss, the national anthem, etc. They were primed and ready to pounce! Let's go Pats.